When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Intel shows off the Core i9-9900KS, the first CPU with all eight cores running at 5GHz

Computex 2019 kicks off this week, and Intel has some teasers for the things it will be showing off. This includes the Core i9-9900KS, a new special edition CPU that's designed for gamers. The company says that it's the first CPU to have all eight cores running at a turbo frequency of 5GHz.

The Core i9-9900KS is certainly a beast of a CPU, although Intel didn't say much else about it, only that it's now the best gaming chip that's available. Obviously, it's not entirely different from the Core i9-9900K, so it's a 14nm processor that's built on the Coffee Lake architecture.

Intel also talked a bit about Ice Lake, the codename for its next-gen CPUs, built on a 10nm process. As we already knew, it will include Gen11 graphics, although Intel says that it will have nearly double the performance of Gen 9 graphics. The firm also said that this will be the first integrated graphics solution to offer variable rate shading.

Intel announced the Sunny Cove core architecture back in December, and with Ice Lake, it's combined with the Gen11 graphics. Just like with eighth-gen chips, the processor family will have Wi-Fi 6 built in; however, it will finally include built-in Thunderbolt 3.

The company has a lot more to talk about at Computex, so stay tuned. If you're not in Taipei, you can watch it in the wee hours of Monday morning.

Report a problem with article
Laptop and notebook on a desk
Next Article

Pay What You Want: The Complete Learn to Design Bundle

Previous Article

Microsoft Weekly: 1903 for everyone, many a game in the cloud, and changing icons