My Pc wont start any more

hey you guys 

i have a problem with my pc 

last day my brother was on my pc and he started pressing some keys on the keyboard randomly 

and that opened up some thing  like a setting page or some thing 

and some thing happened 

the pc every time i start it it tells me the windows did not start correctly  

and i tried to restore it and nothing 

i left it for like 1 hour and came back to try it and now it wont give any information on the screen 

nothing at all 

i tried swapping my Ram, Graphics card, motherboard battery, and nothing 

and i don't know wt to do how can i fix it 

my mother board type is : FC gigabyte ga-h81m-hd3 

plz help me and instruct me wt to do   

1 hour ago, Saif Iddin said:

hey you guys 

i have a problem with my pc 

last day my brother was on my pc and he started pressing some keys on the keyboard randomly 

and that opened up some thing  like a setting page or some thing 

and some thing happened 

the pc every time i start it it tells me the windows did not start correctly  

and i tried to restore it and nothing 

i left it for like 1 hour and came back to try it and now it wont give any information on the screen 

nothing at all 

i tried swapping my Ram, Graphics card, motherboard battery, and nothing 

and i don't know wt to do how can i fix it 

my mother board type is : FC gigabyte ga-h81m-hd3 

plz help me and instruct me wt to do   

Too many things attempted too fast yields a mess of conflicting data

That's an award winning gold medal accomplishment to go from some random key presses to a completely non-functional hardware.

Unless, you can provide a lot more detail about your system, you will need to start from the beginning, get the mobo BOOT BEEP and then add in components one by one.

3 hours ago, C:Amie said:

Try creating a bootable install USB and see if it will boot

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

If it does, after selecting your language and keyboard, try running the "repair your computer" option

even if i did so i can't do any thing because once i start the pc the screen is all black 

there is no system a peering on the screen to boot from or any thing the screen all black no matter wt i did or replaced 

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

One thing you didn't try... Try swapping the HDD/SSD.

I have tried replacing the hhd with a brand new one and nothing happened the system wont start 

If it is PCIe graphics, does the motherboard have onboard Video? If so pull the PCIe and test the onboard.

I take it that it makes noise as if it is turned on? Fans spin etc?

It doesn't start at all now? You said you couldn't get past Windows' splash screen...

You try a new PSU?

OMG - I can't decide if this thread is a SHOTGUN of random solution ideas or else if it is just a DIARRHEA of  random thoughts oozing everywhere...

Get some order here dude!

#1 - if you don't hear a BOOT BEEP or else continuous BEEP CODES

THEN make sure a SPEAKER is attached to the mobo.

#2 - remove everything from mobo - RAM, GPU, just leave the CPU.

You should get constant BEEPS

#3 - if you are booting OK (BEEP!) then if you get constant disk activity, but BLACK SCREEN, you have trashed the video driver

OR IF NO DISK ACTIVITY, then you have either trashed the BOOT SECTOR or else the BIOS settings are WRONG in all sorts of places that BIOS settings can be wrong which is why to ALWAYS get a mobo that SAVES your settings in various PROFILES.

#4 - or if you actually provide real detail as in REAL DETAIL then we can suggest more ACTUALLY USEFUL things to try. You still haven't said which mobo version you have...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DevTech said:

OMG - I can't decide if this thread is a SHOTGUN of random solution ideas or else if it is just a DIARRHEA of  random thoughts oozing everywhere...

I thought this forum/site was meant for people giving out their ideas...

But do try his other stuff he added up there.

1 hour ago, DevTech said:

Get some order here dude!

#1 - if you don't hear a BOOT BEEP or else continuous BEEP CODES

THEN make sure a SPEAKER is attached to the mobo.

#2 - remove everything from mobo - RAM, GPU, just leave the CPU.

You should get constant BEEPS

#3 - if you are booting OK (BEEP!) then if you get constant disk activity, but BLACK SCREEN, you have trashed the video driver

OR IF NO DISK ACTIVITY, then you have either trashed the BOOT SECTOR or else the BIOS settings are WRONG in all sorts of places that BIOS settings can be wrong which is why to ALWAYS get a mobo that SAVES your settings in various PROFILES.

#4 - or if you actually provide real detail as in REAL DETAIL then we can suggest more ACTUALLY USEFUL things to try. You still haven't said which mobo version you have...

GPU gtx 1060 

CPU i5 4690 
ram 8 GB as

mother bord mentioned before 

black screen

54 minutes ago, Som said:

can you access the bios? if so just reset it to defaults, possible he  just changed t he AHCI settings on the hard drive

i can't access any thing with the black screen i tried looking for the bios reset bottom on the mobo and did not find it 

can i reset the bios some other way ?

16 minutes ago, Saif Iddin said:

i can't access any thing with the black screen i tried looking for the bios reset bottom on the mobo and did not find it 

Pull the CMOS battery for about 5 minutes, make sure you remove the power from the PSU as well, and press the power button a few times with the cord removed, just to discharge everything.

16 minutes ago, Saif Iddin said:

See that little watch battery between your CPU and PCI-E? Remove that for ~5 minutes and reinsert it. That will reset BIOS.

Darn, Jnelson ninja'd me...

Ty all  guys 

it finally worked 

i managed to rest the bios by removing the cpu and putting it back 

and now it is working just fine 

ty all for your help 

Let's see if we can get some type of order out of chaos.

Understanding how a PC boots is key here.  Goes without saying, however, your OP was confusing as hell.

There are three stages to booting:

Power On.  System powers up.

Reading the BIOS and setting/testing the hardware.  Happens within mere seconds (aka the BIOS boot up screen you see).  BIOS does a quick scan for the first drive with a bootable partition.

BIOS hands over the boot process to the operating system.  Operating system starts loading files, drivers, start up programs... etc.*

*there's a ton more going on, but for the gist of this convo, we need to know where you are at, to provide the actual possible solutions.

No boot.  As in, when you press the power button, nothing happens.  No lights, no fans, zip... nada.

Could be:  Power supply.  Incorrect motherboard connections.  Motherboard shorted out.  CPU shorted out.  Other components needed are toast.  If you overclock, there's where you may find out you went a touch too far, although most boards these days have a fail safe from minor over-voltages.

Computer stops at BIOS screen.

Usually, you'll get an error on the screen pointing to something going on.  Usually referring to either bad RAM, not being able to find an OS, bad OS files.. etc.
"No boot partition found"  "NTLDR is Missing"  etc.

OS cannot load.

Windows failed to start.  Keeps rebooting.  Only boots to Safe mode.

You have issues with the OS.  If a restore doesn't work, use system recovery method to reinstall the OS, or possibly to fix the start up files.  May also depend if you get some kind of error code to deal with.

So.. you'll have to be more specific as to which part of this three step system is where you're getting stuck.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Saif Iddin said:

Ty all  guys 

it finally worked 

i managed to rest the bios by removing the cpu and putting it back 

and now it is working just fine 

ty all for your help 

Umm, removing the CPU doesn't reset the BIOS.

Even though that is good practice to reinster your CPU...

Alright, I know what happened,  he pressed random keys so hard on the keyboard he vibrated the desk which vibrated the floor which vibrated the case, which jiggled the CPU causing it to need reseating.  .... just kidding. But it is an odd run of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Shiranui said:

Are you sure the problem is not that your SHIFT and "." keys appear to have stopped functioning?

I'm curious, what does that have to do with this? Just wondering, not judging...

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Alright, I know what happened,  he pressed random keys so hard on the keyboard he vibrated the desk which vibrated the floor which vibrated the case, which jiggled the CPU causing it to need reseating.  .... just kidding. But it is an odd run of luck.

You have the BEST description so far on what happened.

Pound on a bunch of keys and get a dead computer is almost as absurd as some of the advice in this thread. Instead of scratching heads and considering what possible thing on a PC could be affected by keystrokes, he had suggestions to replace almost every hardware component in his system as if by a random number generator!

WAIT!

Is everyone in this forum actually a BOT instead of human?

8 minutes ago, DevTech said:

You have the BEST description so far on what happened.

Pound on a bunch of keys and get a dead computer is almost as absurd as some of the advice in this thread. Instead of scratching heads and considering what possible thing on a PC could be affected by keystrokes, he had suggestions to replace almost every hardware component in his system as if by a random number generator!

WAIT!

Is everyone in this forum actually a BOT instead of human?

WarWagon actually is a robot, don't you know?

Hello,

Based on the available description, my best interpretation of the events is that your brother entered the computer's BIOS (UEFI) firmware settings and changed one or more values from their defaults, which caused the system to no longer boot up.

Some motherboard BIOSes have the option to configure a password to allow access to the settings.  You may wish to configure a password for the Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 motherboard, if possible, to prevent further unauthorized access.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

23 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

WarWagon actually is a robot, don't you know?

But then YOU are a Bot and wait! That means...

Just like the girl in Blade Runner who didn't know she was an android, what if I am a Bot and I don't know it?

As the famous Playwright William Shakesbot once wrote, "To Bot or not to Bot, that is the question."