have you received the Windows May 2019 (1903) update yet via Windows Update?

have you received the Windows May 2019 (1903) update yet via Windows Update?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. have you received the Windows May 2019 (1903) update yet via Windows Update?

I was wondering how many people here have received the Windows May 2019 (1903) update yet via Windows Update? I still haven't gotten it on my Alienware 17 R3 notebook.

I've had it on all my devices without issue since it hit the Release Preview ring personally

My gaming PC got it, on my work PC i'll wait till I don't need it as much and then upgrade it, for now since it's in heavy use in the summer I'll leave it on 1809.

This gaming PC updated without issue btw, via WU.  One thing I noticed that they changed in the WU settings is that you used to be able to, on Pro, to pick between the two Semi-Annual (targeted) and normal Semi-Annual channel for updates.   That option is now gone in 1903.   I don't have a issue with it personally since any future feature updates won't be forced going forward.  Before this changed I had set my systems to the normal channel and not the targeted one, which means I'd be among the last ones to get updates pushed to.

Hello,

I have on several computers, both physical and virtual.  On others I am still waiting.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 6/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, George P said:

My gaming PC got it, on my work PC i'll wait till I don't need it as much and then upgrade it, for now since it's in heavy use in the summer I'll leave it on 1809.

This gaming PC updated without issue btw, via WU.  One thing I noticed that they changed in the WU settings is that you used to be able to, on Pro, to pick between the two Semi-Annual (targeted) and normal Semi-Annual channel for updates.   That option is now gone in 1903.   I don't have a issue with it personally since any future feature updates won't be forced going forward.  Before this changed I had set my systems to the normal channel and not the targeted one, which means I'd be among the last ones to get updates pushed to.

there are recent reports of problems with certain Windows Update "deferral" settings vanishing or "disappearing" in 1903:

https://www.askwoody.com/2019/win10-version-1903-disappearing-update-settings-described-but-not-explained/

because of this, I backed out of 1903 and reverted to an older release until Microsoft can fix these WU setting problems with 1903

I just updated my desktop Dell Optiplex 990 today, the install was slow, three and a half hours, and after the restarts I was left with no internet. I use a USB TP Link wireless adapter on this machine,

I tried this;  Settings, Network, Reset adapter, and after another restart I'm able to get back online.

I'm also updating my Sony Vaio laptop today and it's at the "Installing 41%" phase,

fingers crossed...

I have updated 3 computers so far. 2 were updated when WU offered it, 1 using Update Assistant. All 3 went relatively quickly.

First was an i7-9700K on an MSI motherboard using WU. It would only sleep for an hour before waking up. It would go back to sleep in 30 minutes, the time specified in power settings. Then it would wake up again in an hour. It would go back to sleep in 30 minutes again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Rolled back to 1809. Sleep works great again.

Second was an HP laptop using WU. It just wouldn't go to sleep. Rolled that one back to 1809 too. No problems with sleep now.

Third was an i7-4790 on an Asus motherboard, using Update Assistant. Once again, it wouldn't go to sleep. Rolled it back to 1809 too. Now it sleeps properly.

I have always upgraded Windows 10 machines as soon as it went RTM. I have never had a problem until now. This one has been a royal pain. The lastwake info has indicated that ACPI Wake Event, or Update Orchestrator, is waking all of the PCs. When that is fixed, I'll try 1903 again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...