When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

PUBG Corp. sets up new AAA studio for a narrative PUBG experience

PUBG Corporation, the company behind the battle royale hit PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) today announced that it's spinning up a brand new game development studio named Striking Distance. The studio's first project will be set in the PUBG universe, but it won't be another battle royale game. Instead, strangely enough it will be an "original narrative experience."

PUBG Corp. has managed to get Glen Schofield as the CEO for Striking Distance, who will be building a AAA "world class development team" to create this new project. Schofield's previous tenure was at Sledgehammer Games, the maker of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and WWII. He was also the mind behind Dead Space, the hit EA horror title.

“As a creative, the freedom to explore the PUBG universe has me excited about the possibilities, which I view as beyond the battle royale genre,” said Schofield. “Today represents a special moment for me and I’m so thankful to be taking this journey with the team at PUBG Corporation.”

As the studio is still in the process of hiring talent for this new project, it will be some time before we get to see what this "original narrative experience" will look like.

This is also not the first time PUBG Corp. has taken steps to expand the battle royale game's universe. Earlier this year, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds creator Brenden Greene stepped away from the game's studio, moving to a new research and development division under PUBG Corp.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Microsoft announces general availability for Azure Files premium tier

Previous Article

GPD announces the P2 Max, a 8.9-inch ultrabook