Control

I hope they have a better engine on PC than Quantum Break.  I can't even play that smoothly with a Ryzen 2600X and a 5700 XT, so far o.o  Might as well just keep that game to my X1X.

I don't want to rush things, but I have to finish Vampyr before I start a new game so this will have to wait.

7 hours ago, LostCat said:

Hell yeah I haven't put it down for almost eight hours today...I'm gonna be all sad when I finish it.

Played it for a few last night.  Got to the point where I met Marshall.

8 hours ago, George P said:

Just wondering, any of you playing on a RTX card with ray tracing on?

well you know the answer to that for me :p  Couldn't care less about RTX.

1 hour ago, LostCat said:

well you know the answer to that for me :p  Couldn't care less about RTX.

I'm sticking with my GTX 1070 for a while so no for me as well. It's one of the games nVidia has been showing off a lot when they talk up ray tracing, so I wondered.

Enjoying this game on PC, fun gameplay and it looks really good, probably the best example of ray tracing so far.

I'm actually surprised this got approved for sale on consoles though, played it at a friends last night on a (non pro) PS4 and it was an awful experience. You could visibly tell it was running at < 20fps for significant amounts of time during most fights, I thought his PS4 was broken/overheating but DF cover this too https://youtu.be/niQfeglwDZ4?t=1151. I think at some point console games are going to have to market as "PS4 Pro / XB1X" only, because the older gen are suffering.

Edited by ZakO

3 hours ago, ZakO said:

Enjoying this game on PC, fun gameplay and it looks really good, probably the best example of ray tracing so far.

I'm actually surprised this got approved for sale on consoles though, played it at a friends last night on a (non pro) PS4 and it was an awful experience. You could visibly tell it was running at < 20fps for significant amounts of time during most fights, I thought his PS4 was broken/overheating but DF cover this too https://youtu.be/niQfeglwDZ4?t=1151. I think at some point console games are going to have to market as "PS4 Pro / XB1X" only, because the older gen are suffering.

I think the issue might be some sort of bug and they'll probably patch it soon.  It's weird but console players should just sit tight and wait for remedy to fix it.  Personally I plan to play this on my PC as well though I don't have a RTX card so no ray tracing.   I might have opted to play it on my X1X but I don't have it handy atm.

7 hours ago, ZakO said:

I think at some point console games are going to have to market as "PS4 Pro / XB1X" only, because the older gen are suffering.

I don't think it'll get like that, but PS4 Pro/Xbox One X recommended I could see.

And whatever the next boxes will be called.

tbf both sides should have seen this coming, both consoles could barely hit 1080 on launch and were forced to do mid cycle hardware improvements. At this point they will most likely just ride it out and learn from their mistakes until next gen releases and hopefully they can do a solid 4k without needing optimisations or we'll be back to the same problem. 😛 

4 hours ago, George P said:

I think the issue might be some sort of bug and they'll probably patch it soon.  It's weird but console players should just sit tight and wait for remedy to fix it. 

It'll be interesting to see how remedy respond, either they didn't test the final build on the base consoles at all, or they did, knew the performance was terrible and released anyway. Both are pretty crappy practices for a company so I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't get patched any time soon (if at all). 

Game is starting to annoy me.  Fun at first, but now I spend more time trying to dodge enemy attacks and one hit almost kills you.   And I have full upgraded health.  Game is starting to feel like work and that is when I start to not enjoy a game.  And no way to even change difficulty settings either.  Not sure how the game scales the difficulty, but seems like one level for all really.  Which kind of sucks because with games where there was a difficulty setting change, I could at least get past these pain parts.    Also, a bug in the game where  completed a mission, but cannot talk to the guy who gave it to close it out.  So that is real annoying.

Yeah you need to remember to dodge or shield for some enemies, and keep your mods updated of course.  And use the right weapons.  For me, anything I can fire and get back behind cover is useful.

Also upgrade your weapons and all that.  And yeah, the boss enemies are a pain in the...everything.

Personally, I'm kind of surprised the guns rocket launcher mode just seems kind of annoying.  I thought I'd enjoy it more, but eh.

Anyway, I took a break from the game and am playing other stuff to chill during a weird week.

10 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Yeah you need to remember to dodge or shield for some enemies, and keep your mods updated of course.  And use the right weapons.  For me, anything I can fire and get back behind cover is useful.

Also upgrade your weapons and all that.  And yeah, the boss enemies are a pain in the...everything.

Personally, I'm kind of surprised the guns rocket launcher mode just seems kind of annoying.  I thought I'd enjoy it more, but eh.

Anyway, I took a break from the game and am playing other stuff to chill during a weird week.

Yea, well...I dodge and get behind cover and I still get hit.  Weapons are mostly upgraded and so are my power moves and I still get hit.  So I am taking a break to as I am frustrated.

I really hoped this game can keep me entertained... but it looks like I have to actually wait for Cyberpunk as nothing even come close to the enormous amounts of fun I have had with Witcher 3 and expantion packs. Not in the current age of high quality graphics RPGs.

Honestly I am just looking for one game that is simple enough with gripping stories and gameplay but everything I try either requires serious commitment or is just not on the level I want.

witcher 3 did require commitment too but I was rewarded so handsomely I did not mind it.

18 hours ago, techbeck said:

Yea, well...I dodge and get behind cover and I still get hit.  Weapons are mostly upgraded and so are my power moves and I still get hit.  So I am taking a break to as I am frustrated.

If I was further into the game I might be more help.  I got a really good way into it though (past Containment, if that helps.)

It's on my list of things to do immediately, but right now I'm working on Andromeda :)

Spoiler

Finished the game.  Surprisingly, ending is easier that most boss battles. 

Arish mission is bugged for me.  Completed all the objectives, but will not let me talk to Arish to complete the mission.  Also, been seeing other issues with the Arish mission so look out for that one.

Good thing i'm holding off on this because I have a list of other games to finish, should have all the bugs fixed by then.  

ok I finally gave it a go... and unfortunately I just cant seem to enjoy it in the way I enjoyed Alan Wake. the narrative is just not as fresh and exciting anymore. and the setting too.

cyberpunk cant come soon enough as I am replaying old platformers and telltale games becuase nothing new excites me in any way.

I am still not certain it is an issue with me, since some older games are still awesome even though they look dated.

and it is not just nostalgia since I am discovering old games I love that I never played. just really good games.