Musk spent $50,000 digging into critic’s personal life

I'm a huge SpaceX fanboy...but this is all kinds of messed up.

Elon Musk spent more than $50,000 digging into the personal life of British expat and Thai caver Vern Unsworth in summer 2018 in an effort to substantiate the claim that he was a "pedo guy." Musk revealed the spending in his latest response to a defamation lawsuit Unsworth filed against him last year.

Initially, Musk's investigator turned up some seemingly damning information about Unsworth, including a claim that Unsworth began dating his wife when she was around 12 years old. However, further investigation failed to confirm this claim, with the investigator finding she was actually around 18 years old when the couple met. (The wife, Woranan Ratrawiphukkunand, later told UK newspapers she was 33 when they met.)

But Musk argues that it doesn't matter, legally speaking, if his claims about Unsworth were actually true. What matters is that Musk believed the claims were true at the time he repeated them to BuzzFeed reporter Ryan Mac.

/snip

Ars Technica

Trying to ruin some guys life just because he told Elon to shove a submarine up his bum. smh

I wish I had 50k to spend on stuff like this. I wish I had 50k period.  That said.. if I had stupid money like that.. I'd probably spend it on ###### like this too haha

• Haha 2

Apparently he's now saying "pedo" means creepy old guy in South Africa, not a pervert who preys on children. He's still standing by the "creepy old guy" definition.

3 hours ago, spikey_richie said:

Apparently he's now saying "pedo" means creepy old guy in South Africa, not a pervert who preys on children. He's still standing by the "creepy old guy" definition.

Even if it did, he has no business calling him that either.  He's just butthurt over the whole submarine thing, which was dumb as f from the very start.

• Like 1