British Parrot Went Missing For Four Years Returns Speaking Spanish

Nigel, a grey African parrot, was reunited with his British owner Darren Chick after flying away from his Californian home.

His impeccable British accent missing, Nigel now chatters in Spanish often asking for someone named ‘Larry.’

Nigel was discovered in Torrance by Julissa Sperling, who owns a dog-grooming business and took him in as he matched a missing pet advertisement she had seen.

Ms Sperling said: “He was the happiest bird. He was singing and talking without control. He was barking like the dogs.

“I’m from Panama and he was saying, “What happened?” in Spanish.”

He’s doing perfect. It’s really weird, I knew it was him from the minute I saw him

Darren Chick

However when Ms Sperling handed Nigel over to Teresea Micco, a veterinarian’s technician – she realised that it was mistaken identity and Nigel wasn’t her bird.

Ms Micco had been searching for her own missing parrot, who vanished in February.

Determined to reunite Nigel with his owner, Ms Micco traced him via the original sales records to Mr Chick.

“I introduced myself and said, “Have you lost a bird?” He initially said no. But he thought I meant recently.

“He looked at me like I was crazy.”

Despite Nigel initially biting him when they were reunited, Mr Chick said seeing his long-lost pet for the first time in four years brought a tear to his eye.

He added: “He’s doing perfect.

“It’s really weird, I knew it was him from the minute I saw him.”

source: https://thewildchild.co.za/british-parrot-went-missing-for-four-years-returns-speaking-spanish/?fbclid=IwAR3vXI7XUcCyhzfO1-toDovf7iyi72Efj9Netn1di0L3l8bjFeKRyDhhKZs

I know parots are intelligent, but this is ridiculous...

Edited by Mindovermaster