HDMI streaming cable

When it comes to streaming from a pc to tv, what specs should I look for when it comes to the clearest picture when it comes to HDMI cable? Which hdmi cable do you recommend?

TIA

It's not streaming, you're just sending a video signal (albeit digitally encoded rather than analogue over VGA).

Don't be suckered into any high-end gold-tipped nonsense.  And "clearest" means nothing anymore really - because the signal is digital it will either show or wont.

Personally, I've just used crappy ones that come free with consoles or satellite boxes and never had an issue.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

yes, but is there a brand that is better than most. Thx BTW.

Echo what Human.Online said, I wouldn't bother with a brand. A generic cable will work.

As others have said, there is zero difference in actual transmitted quality in any HDMI cable.  Digital is either on or off, and there's no in-between.  You can buy a $2 cable from Monoprice and it would be identical in function to a massively overpriced Monster cable.  Anything from Monoprice or Amazon will be perfectly fine.

There is a HDMI spec that has to do with bandwidth and resolution, so if you have a 4K TV, you may want to make sure you don't get an old cable, but again it has nothing to do with quality of the signal:  https://www.hdmi.org/spec/index

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bruinator said:

yes, but is there a brand that is better than most. Thx BTW.

Nope. Short answer but it’s true.

I have attended the “training sessions” held by a major UK cable company that oversells very standard cables. They give you semi-facts to feed to unwise customers. I won’t deny that braided cables and gold connectors look nicer but beyond that it’s utter nonsense.