change or upgrade parts in older samsung aio?

is it possible to change or upgrade cpu or hdd in older samsung aio?

model is Series 7 DP700A3B ( DP700A3B-A02US )

specs are same as those listed here (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/dp700a3b)

particularly want to replace hdd with ssd for smoother running of Windows 7 and better overall performance

at least would like to know if hdd is replaceable in case it ever fails, etc.....

i have tried to find manuals and the like but nope

please

did a simple google search with the model number and found a couple YouTube videos showing how to open it up to replace HDD and RAM so that may help you

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&ei=zUYrXqGvD5O7tAaroaXQDA&q=series+7+dp700a3b+replace+hard+drive

5 minutes ago, waysidesc said:

thank you for replies and video!

but video sadly shows wrong model...

yes I realize it's for a different model but it's only a slight model difference a B vs D model so I was hoping the back of the device would have a similar layout once opened up

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

yes I realize it's for a different model but it's only a slight model difference a B vs D model so I was hoping the back of the device would have a similar layout once opened up

i'm sorry

i can try to get pictures of back if that helps? layout is different (is not entirely rectangular for instance) and is smaller

shame. was worth a shot. That's the closest I found on my search.

hopefully the same parts are replaceable though so I'd try opening it up to see what you can identify

Found this post on fixya which is from someone who claims he has the "B" with written instructions on how to access the RAM/HDD (appears to be a little work...so have fun!).

https://www.fixya.com/support/t25107863-change_ram_samsung_dp700a3b_a01us

Crucial says both RAM and HDD can be replaced.

11 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Found this post on fixya which is from someone who claims he has the "B" with written instructions on how to access the RAM/HDD (appears to be a little work...so have fun!).

https://www.fixya.com/support/t25107863-change_ram_samsung_dp700a3b_a01us

Crucial says both RAM and HDD can be replaced.

oh no;

First turn the monitor to 90 Degrees, turn upside down on a counter so you can see bottom, with monitor over edge of counter. Their are several screws in the corners holding grip molding in place. Remove all screws. Four screws will be very short screws where the monitor hinges. I used a butter knife starting in the back behind the DVD space is a split in the plastic edge. Start there, pry slowly. Tilt from black bottom away from computer. You can now see the tab holding split in place. Now continue working to your right, around corner. I had lots of trouble with the mic area. Once you are past that area, start same process to the left, always tilting away from the base. The plastic strip will start coming loose. I had lots of problems at the DVD area and broke two tabs. Now the whole surround will come off. This took me about 15 minutes. Step 2, pulling from back, lift up on the metal, towards DVD player. There are two metal tabs at DVD player that found stubborn. Pull the metal base off. You now have access to the RAM, HARD DRIVE and DVD. CLEAN inside now. My dvd player is bad.

i don't want to break the microphone or optical drive or tabs. can that be avoided if i do this manually?

or would you know of services or?

it's very special to me -- has touch screen with Windows 7

Only you can answer that.  If you're not comfortable with taking it apart ... you may have to take it your friendly neighborhood PC shop.

As Brandon pointed out ... there really isn't much information regarding this aio.  My usual source for service manuals didn't have this particular model, Samsung webpage on this model was a joke (.exe user manuals...really?), couldn't find anything on YouTube ... only thing I found was that fixya post.

Hello,

According to the specifications, the Samsung Series 7 DP700A3B-A02US AIO computer has an Intel Core i5-2390T processor, which is a second generation Sandy Bridge (Intel Core) CPU.  More specifically, a 35-watt CPU that fits in an LGA-1155 socket (aka Socket H2).  Another second generation Intel Core CPU that might work is Intel Core i5-2500T, but it is a 45-watt part, so good thermal paste and a working CPU fan would be required at a minimum.

There are some third generation Ivy Bridge (Intel Core) series CPUs that might work as well.  In particular, an Intel Core i5-3470T, which is a 35 watt part, or an Intel Core i5-3570T or Intel Core i7-3770T, which are both 45-watt parts (again, with the same provisos about cooling).

In order to definitively know what CPU upgrades are possible, if any, I would suggest asking in Samsung's own support forum, as that is the place where experts and fellow users on this system are going to hang out and know.  At the very least, you will want to upgrade the system to the newest BIOS (UEFI) firmware possible before attempting a CPU upgrade.  Also, keep in mind that while it may be technically possible to perform the upgrade, it might be expensive to purchase a CPU for what might bring only a minimal upgrade in terms of performance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 1/24/2020 at 2:41 PM, Jim K said:

Only you can answer that.  If you're not comfortable with taking it apart ... you may have to take it your friendly neighborhood PC shop.

As Brandon pointed out ... there really isn't much information regarding this aio.  My usual source for service manuals didn't have this particular model, Samsung webpage on this model was a joke (.exe user manuals...really?), couldn't find anything on YouTube ... only thing I found was that fixya post.

i think i will just leave it be for now.... until hdd dies...

at that point will give more ram and give it ssd for :heart: Windows 7 :heart: 

either manually or support from someone else...

thank you so much

On 1/24/2020 at 4:25 PM, goretsky said:

Hello,

According to the specifications, the Samsung Series 7 DP700A3B-A02US AIO computer has an Intel Core i5-2390T processor, which is a second generation Sandy Bridge (Intel Core) CPU.  More specifically, a 35-watt CPU that fits in an LGA-1155 socket (aka Socket H2).  Another second generation Intel Core CPU that might work is Intel Core i5-2500T, but it is a 45-watt part, so good thermal paste and a working CPU fan would be required at a minimum.

There are some third generation Ivy Bridge (Intel Core) series CPUs that might work as well.  In particular, an Intel Core i5-3470T, which is a 35 watt part, or an Intel Core i5-3570T or Intel Core i7-3770T, which are both 45-watt parts (again, with the same provisos about cooling).

In order to definitively know what CPU upgrades are possible, if any, I would suggest asking in Samsung's own support forum, as that is the place where experts and fellow users on this system are going to hang out and know.  At the very least, you will want to upgrade the system to the newest BIOS (UEFI) firmware possible before attempting a CPU upgrade.  Also, keep in mind that while it may be technically possible to perform the upgrade, it might be expensive to purchase a CPU for what might bring only a minimal upgrade in terms of performance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

thank you for your thorough help!!

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.