Time Change

You need to provide more information. What happened on your side?

I've got 3 computers in front of me running Windows, can't say that I noticed anything. No one in the office has come forward to report anything like a time change either, but I don't know what that means...you lost an hour? Gained an hour?

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

You need to provide more information. What happened on your side?

I've got 3 computers in front of me running Windows, can't say that I noticed anything. No one in the office has come forward to report anything like a time change either, but I don't know what that means...you lost an hour? Gained an hour?

It sounds like his time didn't change on Sunday like it should have in the US. 

48 minutes ago, George P said:

It sounds like his time didn't change on Sunday like it should have in the US. 

How is it that I am only just learning that different countries have different dates for this? I would argue that it should be standard, but taking a brief look at the wiki page for DST I can see this opening a can of worms...

To Chan Smith, have you checked your settings to make sure it's in the right timezone for you?

They keep saying they're going to vote and try to stop doing it, it has no real point anymore.  But we'll have to wait and see if they can ever agree.

What is your Timezone set to? Not living in the US I don't know how many states do this but Arizona for example don't follow any DST so if you had your Timezone set to Arizona or any other state that do this then I wouldn't expect it to?

Also, do you have Adjust for DST automatically enabled?

• 2 weeks later...

you probably need to connect to the internet for Win10 to set the proper time change.
I live in the Pacific USA time zone, Chan Smith

most of my Win10 PCs did made a time adjustment on March 8 though a few of them didn't so I had to connect to the internet & sync the time with an available time server

On 3/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, erpster3 said:

you probably need to connect to the internet for Win10 to set the proper time change.
I live in the Pacific USA time zone, Chan Smith

most of my Win10 PCs did made a time adjustment on March 8 though a few of them didn't so I had to connect to the internet & sync the time with an available time server

That would be true for any device.

Devices that are meant to keep correct time without human intervention rely on the NTP - Network Time Protocol.  The NTP servers are all over the planet - literally; they are not unique to any nation or OS.  Originally, the base time relied on by the NTP servers was provided by cesium clocks built by the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC - on the second-smelliest piece of GSA-owned real estate (directly nest door to Washington, DC's Blue Plains Wastewater Treatment Plant).  Despite the odor, they still have not moved a meter; however, they HAVE replaced the national timepiece; with four hydrogen masers (replacing the twin masers built in 1990).  As was the case with the twin masers, they built clones; while the primary is in Colorado Springs, CO (NIST National Time Laboratory), the clones are in Gaithersburg (NIST headquarters), Washington, DC (Smithsonian Museum of History and Technology) and on the NRL campus itself.  While companies DO run their own time servers (Apple and Microsoft have their own; time.apple.com and time.windows.com respectively), you need not use them - even in their respective operating systems; I usually use tock.nist.gov because it's location - in Gaithersburg, MD - has the least lag; it should, as it's less than seventy miles from me. (It has a twin brother - tick.nist-gov - also in Gaithersburg.)