When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Lenovo teases two new gaming laptops with Intel's Comet Lake H processors

Legion 7i

Intel is announcing its new Comet Lake H processors today. The 45W chips are made to go into powerful mobile PCs, such as those for gamers and creators. That means that OEMs are updating their wares with the new CPUs.

Lenovo today announced the Legion 7i and Legion 5i. They're the successors to the Legion Y740 and Lgion Y540, but the new branding is meant to be simpler. The gaming laptops will be announced in greater detail later this month, but Lenovo is taking some of the wraps off.

Legion 5i

Along with Intel's new 45W CPU, they also include Nvidia's latest GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs, with an RTX 2060 in the 5i and up to an RTX 2080 in the 7i. They're also the first gaming PCs to have Nvidia's Advanced Optimus technology, which used to be Dynamic Display Switching. This should provide better battery efficiency by intelligently switching between the dedicated graphics and integrated graphics.

The Legion 5i and Legion Y540 with an RTX 2060 GPU will start at $999, while the Legion 7i and Legion Y740 with an RTX 2070 will start at $1,199.

Report a problem with article
Comet lake
Next Article

Intel announces 10th-gen mobile processors with over 5GHz Turbo clock speeds

Previous Article

MSI's Intel 10th-gen H-series laptops are now available for pre-order