4K TV

Im looking at these two TV's and wondering if anybody has either preference 

https://www.zkelectronics.com/comparetv/lg-65sm9000pua/usa/samsung-qn65q70rafxza/usa/

Both are priced the same US $999.00

TIA

I would probably get the Samsung (better black uniformity, contrast and brightness). The LG would be nice if viewing off angle...which (to me) is the only real benefit it has over the Samsung's TN panel.  The LG also has HDMI 2.1 ... so that's something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have never (as in ever) had any issues with multiple Samsung HDTVs (from 32" to 55") - and mostly in the 6000 series.  The two smallest (the 32" and  40") are both up for replacement this year (and both with 4K 43" Crystal USD Samsungs); the hard part is 6000 or 7000 series (the price spread is all of $300USD between them).

Followup: Samsung has made the choice harder - with QLED in this size (this is the first year that Samsung has a QLED TV in 43': you used to have to go to 55" to get this tech).  In most cases, 43" will fit in the same size/space as 40" - and QLED is Samsung's best screen tech - hence harder (not easier).  So now you have three different screen technologies - and that is merely this year's models - standard UHD (carryover from 2019) Crystal UHD (new this year) and QLED (new in this size).  The standard UHD we have in the house (and one being 43" and 4K - it's no slouch) - that is the model I originally had in mind as the replacement for the two HDTVs that had their chop called (Samsung 40" curved and either Samsung 32" stand model in my current bedroom or eventually Sony 40" VESA-mounted at year-end in my normal bedroom in the basement - it will fit in both locations); the replaced 40" curved will replace the smallest bedroom TV (all of 27"!) while the OTHER 43" will go in my current bedroom replacing the 32" stand-model Samsung currently in there (temporarily retaining its stand while I'm there - for the rest of the year); when I move to the basement, the 40" Sony currently in there - and its stand - will go in my current bedroom.

The results: no bedroom with occupants will have am HDTV smaller than 43"; no bedroom PERIOD will have an HDTV smaller than 40", and 4K (not 1080p) becomes predominant.

Followup #2: hard data - and why those of us with merely 40" are in a pickle https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/43-class-q60t-qled-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-tv-2020-qn43q60tafxza/.  The darn thing fits in the same space as my 40" Sony VESA-mounted - and can even use the mount. QLED is - literally - 

Samsung's best screen tech short of 8K - and until this year, it was not a factor in this size.  Now it's not merely a factor, but it's AFFORDABLE in this size. ($200USD pricier than Crystal UHD at Best Buy; hence *affordable*.)  I saw QLED last year - the biggest regret was it not being available in 43" - so much for that.  Is UHD a slouch?  No; it's not.  Still QLED in the same size makes it look like a piker - and that was 55" vs. 55"; do you doubt that 43" won't hand out the same tail-kicking that QLED did at 55"?  (We also have a standard 1080p UHD at 55" it's wall-mounted; it may get its chop called this year as well (fortunately, that's not my call); still, QLED beats UHD like the proverbial RHSC.

• 1 month later...

More hard data - the jar may get opened - this week.

Stock finally showed up this week at Ye Local Best Buy - I may actually be able to pull the trigger this week. (Stock - not price - has been the bugbear for the past two weeks;) I've even figured out where to put it in the meanwhile - it also means the HDTV in that room will retire way early - 27" of Emerson - the oldest and smallest flat-screen in the house.  (That room is a guest room; therefore, under normal circumstances, being in there means you are settling - instead of cable, it is fed content via an Amazon 4k FireTV stick.  Naturally, due to it feeding the mere 27" Emerson, it's showing at 720p. (Yeccch.)  Feeding the Q60T, it can show everything Prime Video in full-tilt-boogie glory. (Yippee!)   When it moves to the basement, it will ALSO be fed by a 4k FireTV stick; the 40" Sony that will be swapped out will instead move to the same room the Emerson was in - the Sony is, at least, 1080p.  The rather wacky detail is that because of what will be fed it, it will be the ONLY of the two 4k HDTVs actually SHOWING 4k most of the time.  (The other one is mostly fed 1080p via an Xfinity STB; it only gets to show off via wifi connection to YouTube's HDR Channel.)