Is there a motherboard shortage?

Was looking to throw together a high-end Intel or AMD rig and it seems everything high-end, is sold out for both parties. Is there something new on the horizon? I know intel has the new chipset coming, which is a socket change, so I was leaning towards x570 and AMD but I cannot find any boards in stock.

Sure does appear to be a shortage (looking at NewEgg and Amazon for x570...practically nothing). Kind of weird that I haven't seen any articles about shortages.

COVID-19 virus, it hurts us all. Delivery is slow, and the board manufacturers are playing low...

Getting highly annoyed with amazon.. ordered a laptop replacement fan on May 1st and it will be arriving tomrrow, and it said prime. Amazon needs to give out some serious refunds on prime memberships otherwise they may seem a large amounts of Prime cancellations. Lets just say if I was paying monthly for Prime I would cancel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

Was looking to throw together a high-end Intel or AMD rig and it seems everything high-end, is sold out for both parties. Is there something new on the horizon? I know intel has the new chipset coming, which is a socket change, so I was leaning towards x570 and AMD but I cannot find any boards in stock.

i am sorry for your inconvenience.

it seems there is a short supply of many other things.

32 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Getting highly annoyed with amazon.. ordered a laptop replacement fan on May 1st and it will be arriving tomrrow, and it said prime. Amazon needs to give out some serious refunds on prime memberships otherwise they may seem a large amounts of Prime cancellations. Lets just say if I was paying monthly for Prime I would cancel.

Just imagine how long it'd take without prime...

I had several day delays, maybe up to a week back on March, I'm back down to 1 day delivery now for most items.

10 minutes ago, shockz said:

Just imagine how long it'd take without prime...

I had several day delays, maybe up to a week back on March, I'm back down to 1 day delivery now for most items.

I'm thinking there wouldn't much difference. Would it go from 11 days to 30 days?

13 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I'm thinking there wouldn't much difference. Would it go from 11 days to 30 days?

The inbound-shipping problem affects every retailer and etailer - including Amazon.  Atop that, Amazon is diverting ALL shipping resources to domestic Covid-19 priorities.  Read Amazon's blog - they state it there rather plainly.  Our family are Prime members; however I'm the designated chaser for shipping issues; it's why I read Amazon's blog - at minimum - weekly.

56 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

It makes sense, I was just somewhat surprised to see high-end parts also on short supply. Oh well, the build can wait.

i had issues other than parts shipments responsible for my holdups - like payment.  Not the first time that happened, either.

10 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

The inbound-shipping problem affects every retailer and etailer - including Amazon.  Atop that, Amazon is diverting ALL shipping resources to domestic Covid-19 priorities.  Read Amazon's blog - they state it there rather plainly.  Our family are Prime members; however I'm the designated chaser for shipping issues; it's why I read Amazon's blog - at minimum - weekly.

If you watched Louis Rossman's video

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, warwagon said:

If you watched Louis Rossman's video

Hide contents

And if Amazon had NOT done so, they would have been whacked for it,  In fact name a single retailer or etailer that is NGOT similarly hamstrung!

11 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

And if Amazon had NOT done so, they would have been whacked for it,  In fact name a single retailer or etailer that is NGOT similarly hamstrung!

If Amazon had NOT done what? Shipped Dildo's quick?

I ordered something from Amazon, a case for my Pi4,. Oredered on Wednesday last week, and got it Friday... (was due Sunday)

Hello,

I have used both eBay and Newegg to purchase computer parts online when they were not available for immediate delivery via Amazon.  If you have a store like Best Buy or Micro Center within driving distance that offers curb-side delivery (e.g., order online and pick up at store) then than might be an option for you as well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8 hours ago, Circaflex said:

A good way to increase profits. Create shortage and increase prices for the shortfall

12 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

I have used both eBay and Newegg to purchase computer parts online when they were not available for immediate delivery via Amazon.  If you have a store like Best Buy or Micro Center within driving distance that offers curb-side delivery (e.g., order online and pick up at store) then than might be an option for you as well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Even the Egg has been out of stock 😞 I called my local microcenter and they too had nothing really available and couldnt give me an eta on when stock would arrive. It's all good though, I am safe and healthy so this is just my selfish side wanting to pass time.

• 3 weeks later...