Req. for help: Windows Disk Image (via Windows 7 Backup) Recovery Utilities?

Well, this is going to be slightly sad. I decided to try to upgrade my main system the other day ( meaning, last week) and before doing so I made a System Image via the Disk Image utility within the Windows 7-based backup utility in Windows 10. In multiple attempts to recover that image to a new 1TB SSD, I have met with 0% success. I have tried multiple utilities such as Macrium Reflect, AOMEI, EaseUS to name the most recent and have had no luck with any of them. Of course, I would not be writing here if I had not had success with the regular Windows Disk Image Recovery Utility, so I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance in looking for suggestions for other programs that might be worth looking into.

Thanks!

--ScottKin

After attempts with the Windows 10 Disk Image Restore process. I get the ubiquitous and equally  cryptic:

"Error details: The parameter is incorrect (Error 0x80070057)"

message, which research shows is caused by a number of reasons, all equally unknown.

All of the aforementioned programs can not locate the previously saved Disk Images.

I have 2 different image files saved on two different & attached hard drives, each saved within 2 hours of each other.

Yep. Trust me, I've exhausted quite a few options and I'm looking for any additional insight here. Thanks!

Hello,

Have you restored the system to the original Windows 7 and reloaded your disk image?  You might want to try that and then look at doing a backup using a different means, verifying the backup works, and then performing a clean install of Windows 10.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky