Looking for a decent Battery Backup..Any suggestions?

I am looking to invest in a battery backup (UPS). I mainly want to protect my NAS unit which is a QNap TS-453A, I also have a custom built computer I built few years back... i7 CPU, Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 TI Video Card, 850 Watt PSU specs for those wondering, but it's not important. In reality, I would be backing up my computer, the NAS, my Modem and a monitor for when there is a power outage..just so I can shut everything down safely in time until the power comes back on. I've been seeing a battery backup in Costco for the longest time, for $99 bucks which is a Cyberpower CST135XLU and I've been thinking about buying, but I just don't know if it is any good. I see people saying online..so and so UPS blew up my devices, this and that and they stopped working and I don't know what to believe. And another thing, the one I linked says it uses "Simulated Sine Wave" and I have no clue what that means, aside from the description it says..but then I see other types like True Sine Wave, and so on..I just don't know. So basically, for what I'm wanting to do, would this battery backup be good for those uses?.

@warwagonUses this one:

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-1500VA-Mini-Tower/dp/B000FBK3QK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I own one of these as well. It powers my PfSense box, Modem, and Switch. Saved me at least 2 times already. :)

48 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

@warwagonUses this one:

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-1500VA-Mini-Tower/dp/B000FBK3QK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I own one of these as well. It powers my PfSense box, Modem, and Switch. Saved me at least 2 times already. :)

+1 for this one, i have this one too, very nice

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buttus said:

+1 for this one, i have this one too, very nice

Had to look deep into my PM's for that link... I remember asking him about it, but this was like 3 years ago... 😛

Hello,

I have had good results with CyberPower brand UPSes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

I have its baby brother the 1350, works fine..  Looks like you can even add the remote management card in that model - nice, but the card is a bit expensive at like $160..  But if you ever want to monitor it over ethernet you could add it.  I have 3 of the cyberpower units.  2 in my main office and 1 in the av cabinet.

The av cabinet one is smaller one.. But the 2 in office are 1350... 1 has my main pc, 1 monitor, switch, modem, router on it some pi's.  2nd has my nas and 2 APs (via poe).. AV cabinet has that switch and avr and directv box and AP in that part of the house on it, etc.

If I loose power, I still have internet even wireless for about 30 minutes..  This normally rides out most power blips..