My Fujitsu Esprimo Q920 Mini PC turned off and doesn't boot now

Hi all

I've had this computer for a few months. Bought it second hand. Ran good all this time but yesterday I left it on while it was running a few tasks and when I came back a few hours later it was off.

Tried turning it on but no sound or light. Tried a different mains outlet and power cable too. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

no lights or anything could point to the PSU going out. If you have another PSU try swapping it out or you could stop by a local computer shop to have the PSU tested as well

I don't think he can replace the PSU...

fujitsu-esprimo-q920-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Now, this seems like an old laptop problem. You need to resoder the power outlet to the PC. I've seen this many times in laptops, mini computers are no different.

2 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

I don't think he can replace the PSU...

fujitsu-esprimo-q920-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Now, this seems like an old laptop problem. You need to resoder the power outlet to the PC. I've seen this many times in laptops, mini computers are no different.

Resolder the power outlet?

Got any instructions?

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, TheElite said:

Resolder the power outlet?

Got any instructions?

Thanks 

Look on YT, there are over 100 tuts on "how to resolder power plug laptop" And there's several ways to do it. Your mini-pc is no different than a laptop.

This for example:

• 9 months later...

If the Fujitsu Esprimo Q920 or Q520 doesn't turn on at all - appears totally dead, no noise whatsoever...

then it's normally the CMOS battery which is dead.
You just need to work out how to open the thing and replace the CMOS battery.

Note that the power supply is built-in to the main board and is unlikely to be the problem.

CMOS battery.jpg

1 hour ago, PB73 said:

If the Fujitsu Esprimo Q920 or Q520 doesn't turn on at all - appears totally dead, no noise whatsoever...

then it's normally the CMOS battery which is dead.
You just need to work out how to open the thing and replace the CMOS battery.

Umm, if the BIOS battery was bad, it wouldn't save any settings, not fails to run.

1 hour ago, PB73 said:

Note that the power supply is built-in to the main board and is unlikely to be the problem.

Actually, it can still be the PSU.. Anything can fault a computer ;)

Thanks both of you. The computer is still in my cupboard unfortunately, but seeing that working from home may still be in my future, and working from the sofa on the laptop is giving me back problems, I will be taking the computer to a repair shop to see if they can get it fixed.

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

Hi.

did you repair it?

i got 3 of these,same problem,suddenly just shut down and wont turn on.

replaced the CMOS battery,measured with multimeter, the PSU got power 220v in/20v out (near the power button there is 2 test points + and - ).

one thing i've noticed,no clicking sound,maybe its the relay failure?.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw this thread while trying to find an old page i used to fix some Esprimo Q510 (the following method states it was for q910/920/930 too!)

I had about a dozen come my way at my local school because there was some sort of power surge or something iirc, basically all the internal PSU's died, and i found this page to bring some life back to them, you can bypass the internal psu and potentially revive the computer :D

below is what I followed, but incase you don't wish to check it,

you need to dismantle the pc to the point you can remove the plastic shield over the internal psu, in the computer, there are 2 solder pads towards and you can supply upto 20vthrough them according to the site, i personally used 19v, and there is a diode you need to remove, I can't recall if i removed the diode, or scraped away the trace to it (requires a lot of dismantling to get to) but I'll supply the same images from the site :)

https://www.dkia.at/en/node/174

Hope this helps someone else in salvaging these neat lil PC's, i just needed to remember the voltage to revive my minecraft server aha

q910-top.jpg

q910-shitstain.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello, I don't know if this post is active, but recently I got a Q520/k unit but it doesn't turn on, only when I hold down the power button it turns on a led and turns off quickly