New Privacy Page/Prompt

Any particular reason I need to re-read and accept this every 24 hours on iOS?

Is there an OS setting I’m not aware of, or do you guys have a cookie set to 24 hours lifespan?

2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

on an iPhone and a Windows machine? Hm.

Yes, see what happens as I had a cookie issue a while back on both and that fixed it for me with Neowin.

4 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Yes, see what happens as I had a cookie issue a while back on both and that fixed it for me with Neowin.

I will try it. Seems to me the developers should have been expiring them if changing how they work.

9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I will try it. Seems to me the developers should have been expiring them if changing how they work.

Let us know how you get on. 

I don't have a Windows device at hand, but I'll be checking my iPad over the next few days.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, dipsylalapo said:

I don't have a Windows device at hand, but I'll be checking my iPad over the next few days.

Yes i would also like to know this.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:05 AM, adrynalyne said:

This is not how cookie consent works. If the code is updated or changed you have to give consent again and letting people know is the new consent prompt 😛 

I don't even know how it works outside of the EU and California, I selected the option to only apply it to opted in territories. It may also need to be updated in places like 'I don't care about cookies' type extensions.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, dipsylalapo said:

So I checked >24 hours later and I didn't see a prompt.

Are you still seeing this issue?

Edit - also anything else you can tell us about the OS version, browser

I tried on Chrome and the latest iPad OS beta

I only got it twice in Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10 Pro 2004. I haven't seen it again since last week.

Was wondering about that pop up also, but have been on a different machine every day since it started, so don't know if I will see it again or not. Use a few different browsers also, so may be a while before I quit seeing it. Hardly a big thing anyway.

8 minutes ago, xrobwx71 said:

I only got it twice in Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10 Pro 2004. I haven't seen it again since last week.

I spent two days getting it right (with all the options I can set) and updated the code at least 3 times, so depending on when you visited, you may have been required to consent more than once, It has not changed since Thursday.

• Like 3

Just now, Steven P. said:

I spent two days getting it right (with all the options I can set) and updated the code at least 3 times, so depending on when you visited, you may have been required to consent more than once, It has not changed since Thursday.

Thanks Steven!

6 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

@adrynalyne any update?

I’ve now moved to seeing them every few days on my iPhone. Less annoying, but still annoying. I’ll take it. I think it’s probably now normalized to how it should work but I don’t see a reason why it needs to be more than once.

Unless I have some strange query string attached to one of the links in my browser history causing it? I don’t use bookmarks so I rely on browser history to auto-fill the site I want to go to, and where. Not sure why I didn’t consider that till now. 

I’ve now moved to seeing them every few days on my iPhone. Less annoying, but still annoying. I’ll take it. I think it’s probably now normalized to how it should work but I don’t see a reason why it needs to be more than once.

Unless I have some strange query string attached to one of the links in my browser history causing it? I don’t use bookmarks so I rely on browser history to auto-fill the site I want to go to, and where. Not sure why I didn’t consider that till now. 

What about the clearing of cookies? that is what we are waiting for.

6 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

What about the clearing of cookies? that is what we are waiting for.

Cleared them on my phone. That was the result. I’m not going to clear them on my PC because it’s disruptive to my work. Which is fine; I usually only visit on my phone. 

Cleared them on my phone. That was the result. I’m not going to clear them on my PC because it’s disruptive to my work. Which is fine; I usually only visit on my phone. 

Glad it's improved I only meant clear the Neowin cookie not everyone.

I wonder if it is a Safari bug?

Constantly getting the pop up on Firefox. Get it every time I close browser and return here. I have cleared Neowin cookie too. Get in on Firefox in Windows and Linux. Guess I might as well add I get it on Waterfox also. Don't get it on Edge Chromium.

Edited by cork1958

31 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Constantly getting the pop up on Firefox. Get it every time I close browser and return here. I have cleared Neowin cookie too. Get in on Firefox in Windows and Linux. Guess I might as well add I get it on Waterfox also. Don't get it on Edge Chromium.

I wonder if it’s an issue with the JavaScript popping it up.