Mobile Issues Since Update

Did some styles and/or JS get missed? This is whatever the default theme is. I can’t get to my profile to check. Also, this was in an incognito session so nothing should have been cached.

E17B00EA-B634-49CB-B667-4F55AFDA88A7.png

2B20C8F1-1F03-4765-BA11-8BDBA60E8DDC.png

there are a lot of new/changed css elements in the 4.5 update so our custom themes will need quite a bit of tweaking in various areas.

I've switched you to the default theme. let me/us know if you still can't access the menu and such on mobile.

the Orion themes should be corrected shortly hopefully but the person who used to maintain them isn't with us anymore so it may take a little more time than expected.

Just now, Brandon H said:

there are a lot of new/changed css elements in the 4.5 update so our custom themes will need quite a bit of tweaking in various areas.

I've switched you to the default theme. let me/us know if you still can't access the menu and such on mobile.

the Orion themes should be corrected shortly hopefully but the person who used to maintain them isn't with us anymore so it may take a little more time than expected.

That works. Thanks for switching me, I couldn't get to it on my device and figured it was cookie based. I could have done it myself if I had known otherwise :D

• Like 2

Just now, adrynalyne said:

That works. Thanks for switching me, I couldn't get to it on my device and figured it was cookie based. I could have done it myself if I had known otherwise :D

no problem. yeah hard to switch it on mobile if you can't access the menu button :D
figured I'd save you the trouble of having to jump on a desktop to change :)

Had the same issue on mobile. Just switched to "desktop site" (in Edge)... changed the theme to default ... switched back to "mobile" and the theme carried over. Didn't have to delete cookies.

yeah the theme selection is account based and not cookie based for the forums. the front page theme selection is the only one that's cookie based I believe.

Seriously messed up on my phone, all posts don't show who posted, this is with Edge for Android.

Also can't get back to homepage from the forum as there isn't a Neowin logo to click on.

I hate site upgrades it never goes well.

28 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

We've moved everyone to the new Orion theme, which works fine in Mobile too,

Post usernames are back now, got 2 problems though.

1. Can't get back to the Homepage when in the forum on my phone as there is no Neowin icon to click on.

2. Can't access my profile or notifications while in the forum as nothing to click on.

I believe I only get these issues on my Samsung S7 and not on my tablet.

In case I have missed it are these 2 issues theme related?

Also I can confirm I only get these issues on mobile and not tablet, I've also noticed you can't tell what time someone replied on mobile, fine on tablet.

Is there a fix in the works  @Steven P.?

18 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

The mobile navigation should be functional now

mobile looks great but not sure if it's a side effect of the mobile change because the desktop menu bar dropped down now

This is what I show now:

image.thumb.png.91af78e34908f4687dfa40238b574121.png

This is how it was a few minutes ago: (thankfully hadn't refreshed one of my tabs yet so could grab a screenshot)

image.thumb.png.56237004c4adfb66a5acb5463374c81c.png

21 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

And it is better too. Please provide feedback :) 

Seems to be working normal again although in my screenshot you can see the posters names and avatars are central in the post and this means we lose the 'posted 10mins ago' info etc, i see this on tablet as that info is in the normal place on the left.

I would rather see the info of times posts are made rather than the reputation info which i think is a waste?

Screenshot_20200902-201551_Edge.thumb.jpg.1135e290963cd661c909e46ed5da4159.jpg

Edited by SnoopZ

14 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

That's on the list too. I'm slowly working my way through everything from top to bottom!

Is Date Format on your list as well as I am seeing month/day/year in quoted posts  instead of what I normally use in my region, is there an option to change this, if so I can't find it?

17 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Is Date Format on your list as well as I am seeing month/day/year in quoted posts  instead of what I normally use in my region, is there an option to change this, if so I can't find it?

Fixed. I changed the locale to UK.

18 hours ago, Steven P. said:

And it is better too. Please provide feedback :) 

On PC- I use the Darkside Theme. I set it on the main page, it sets fine, when I navigate to another post it switche sback to Orion and I have to toggle Darkside on every new post I navigate to. Also, another difference is the font, as I'm typing it is dark now and it was not before. 

Many thanks guys!

549546656_Neowinthemeissue.png.4acb83a5d9013259fe8fa906178ed77a.png

1 hour ago, xrobwx71 said:

On PC- I use the Darkside Theme. I set it on the main page, it sets fine, when I navigate to another post it switche sback to Orion and I have to toggle Darkside on every new post I navigate to. Also, another difference is the font, as I'm typing it is dark now and it was not before. 

Many thanks guys!

Colors aren't going to worked on until the main theme is fixed (almost done) we gave access to Darkside to staff and subscribers just for testing and previews :)