Gigabyte B460 HD3 (rev. 1.0) - big big issues to boot : linux does not boot at all

hello dear community

hope you are all right and everything goes well. I hope that your hometown is dealing well with the pandemic-things.

the topic today:  Gigabyte B460 HD3 (rev. 1.0) - big big issues to boot : linux does not boot at all

with Gigabyte B460 HD3 (rev. 1.0)  we ve got  big big issues to boot : linux does not boot at all 

i guess that i need to turn off all uefi things 

i guess that i have to choose legacy support whereever i can 
and i am pretty sure that i do not need all the windows 10 features. 
what else can i do!? 

look forward to hear from you 

regards

note: i have t ried opensuse
but i have issue with the bios.

i think i have to

disable uefi
and secure boot

so far so good - but i do not come along with the settings -

all i can - all that is possible is to boot with a desaster recovery-stick that i have created.

note: a opensuse leap image 15.2 boots - if i start the machine and have connected the stick

Edited by tarifa

What do you mean when you say that it doesn't boot at all? Do you get any kind of error message? I assume the BIOS loads without a problem, then what happens?

well - many many  thanks dear MindoverMaster

sure thing -  i guess that this is not a boards fault.  

i guess that i have a messed up BIOS..  There must be some kind of BIOS-Settings that do not fit...

i have to figure out what it is.. 

btw. if i could stretch the image i would / could see whats in the screen,..

Does that picture above appear at boot? Do you even get into Grub?

Might wanna see if there is a BIOS upgrade.

Have you checked the several other forums where you've asked the same thing and got the same answers? You're not a new linux user, and know that the opennsuse site has uefi instructions. I run ubuntu and fedora with uefi and had no problems installing. Have you done anything to diagnose the issue? Verify your download? check anything?

2 hours ago, FrankenSter said:

Have you checked the several other forums where you've asked the same thing and got the same answers? You're not a new linux user, and know that the opennsuse site has uefi instructions. I run ubuntu and fedora with uefi and had no problems installing. Have you done anything to diagnose the issue? Verify your download? check anything?

He posts this all the time like he's some newb...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

He posts this all the time like he's some newb...

Ya. Has for years and he brags on other sites about how hes got 15 yrs (FIFTEEN!!!!) using linux. And every time its always the same with no effort of his own to solving his problem. Never research, logs, effort just a "I did this and doesn't work so help me". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankenSter said:

Ya. Has for years and he brags on other sites about how hes got 15 yrs (FIFTEEN!!!!) using linux. And every time its always the same with no effort of his own to solving his problem. Never research, logs, effort just a "I did this and doesn't work so help me". 

Thought I heard 20, but yeah, he's not acting his age. Cause if he signed up in 2019, youngest average amount is 13. Plus 15-20 years, he has to be near 30.

Ha always has a problem, never a solution.