Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

HP EliteBook 840 G7 unboxing and first impressions

HP's EliteBook 840 G7 is here, and I'm already quire impressed with it. The last time I reviewed an EliteBook 840 was two years ago, with the G5. HP has made a lot of improvements since then, particularly from G6 to G7. When I reviewed the G5, this mainstream laptop felt, well, mainstream.

Now it feels premium. It feels like something I'd have expected from the EliteBook 1000 series a year or two ago. HP shrunk down the footprint, made it thinner, it's lighter, and it's just better. The footprint isn't just a little bit smaller either; as you'll see from the video below, it's quite a bit smaller. And at under three pounds, it feels a lot lighter than you'd expect a mainstream laptop to be.

The model that HP sent me is specced out. It has an Intel Core i7-10810U, a 15W hexa-core vPro chip with 12 threads, along with 16GB RAM, a 512GB SSD, and most importantly, 4G LTE. LTE is always a nice perk to have when it comes to a portable PC. Check out the unboxing video below:

Update: The issue that I had with the OOBE on this unit was a known issue with Windows 10, and it's since been fixed. I haven't had any issues at all since I shot this video.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition price leaked

Previous Article

Emoji 13.1 introduces 217 new emoji characters, coming to devices in 2021