When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Dynabook introduces new Portégé X40 with Tiger Lake processors

Dynabook, the company formerly known as Toshiba, has introduced a new Portégé laptop with Intel's newest 11th-generation processors, or Tiger Lake. The Portégé X40-J adds onto the lineup of devices Dynabook had already introduced last month, and is the company's first 14-inch laptop with Tiger Lake.

The Portégé X40-J has up to Intel Core i7-1165G7 with Intel's Iris Xe graphics, and it has up to 32GB of dual-channel memory, with one onbord chip and one SODIMM slot. Storage goes up to a 1TB SSD and battery life is up to 13.8 hours.The 14-inch display is only available in Full HD and it's an IPS panel, instead of the Sharp IGZO displays Dynabook has typically used. You do have the option for a privacy screen or touch support.

In terms of ports, there's one HDMI, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, two USB Type-C 4.0 ports that also support Thunderbolt 4, a combo audio jack and a microSD card slot. The laptop also supports Wi-Fi 6 an Bluetooth 5.1. For security, there's an IR camera for Windows Hello, as well as an option for a fingerprint reader.

The Portégé X40-J will be available in November, starting at $1,299. Dynabook also announced pricing and availability for the Portégé X30L-J, which it introduced in September. It will also be available in November and starts at $1,329, though the base model comes with an Intel Core i5-1135G7, while the Portégé X40 has a Core i3 for its starting price.

Report a problem with article
This is one of the many bosses in Borderlands 3
Next Article

Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more

Previous Article

Ofcom will ban UK networks from selling locked phones