When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee steps down

Changes are happening inside Halo developer 343 Industries, as a new report reveals that Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee has been taken off the massive project. Lee has lead the Halo series since 2016, and although he is off Infinite, he will remain a Microsoft employee according to an official statement by Microsoft.

"I have stepped back from Infinite and I am looking at future opportunities," Chris Lee had said to Bloomberg. "I believe in the team and am confident they will deliver a great game and now is a good time for me to step away."

Originally set to be the defining launch title of the next-gen Xbox consoles, Halo Infinite suffered a delay that pushed it back to 2021. According to the Bloomberg report, Lee's role was sidelined following the poor reception to the Halo Infinite gameplay showcase. Series veterans Joseph Staten and Pierre Hintze stepped in to help with the campaign and multiplayer, respectively, back in August.

This is not the first time Halo Infinite has lost a top executive, with creative director Tim Longo departing the project in 2019.

Halo Infinite is currently slated to land sometime in 2021 across the Xbox One family of consoles, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Source: Bloomberg

Report a problem with article
A console screen open with some code written on it
Next Article

Microsoft hampers cyberattack on Munich Security Conference attendees

Previous Article

Microsoft announces the Xbox Series X fridge with next-gen cooling