Qnap network error on port 80 and 443.

Hi guys. I have a qnap NAS device that is working well in my house and I can access it from outside the house with no issues. I installed a similar device at a relative house, everything is working fine in LAN but there are some access issues when trying to connect outside the house. 

I looked throw the configuration and I found that port 80 and 443 are having issues (attached). My guess here is that the relative is using a Camera System for his house and the DVR is consuming these ports. Also, years back I had to put the Camera System throw the DMZ in order for it to work (The configuration documents of the camera system required this).

So the question here is. How can I fix this? I am not that expert in networking, so I believe that two devices can't share ports. For that, I believe that I need to give different ports for these devices for them to be accessed from outside with no issues.

Kindly advice and thank you in advance.

screenshot.png

• deep1234 changed the title to Qnap network error on port 80 and 443.
  • 3 months later...

change port 80\443 on DVR and use 8080\4040

Opening your NAS and Camera's to the public internet - sorry but that is a horrible idea from a security point of view.

You should VPN into your network if you need to access such resources when your remote..