Two local accounts with the same name

When I boot up my computer it has 2 local accounts listed in the lower left hand corner of the PC. Both have my name listed. One is looking for my name and password. The other is looking for a PIN. Where do I find these 2 entries and where are they located so I can delete the account that requires user ID and PW plz?

I think this issue occurred when I was adding a windows 10 machine on my Virtualbox - Windows 10 machine but it was actually my laptop windows 10 PC.

Thx

3 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Should I assume no one knows what I am talking about? If yes, how do u need me to explain it better plz?

No, can't vouch for anyone else, but I am working and this doesn't pay the bills. Quickest and least convoluted manner to deal with it:

image.png.7334d2b6b5a93df17874afbaeed42837.png

6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

We’re you able to remove it using that command above?

Ok, I thought i had it figured out as when I clicked on user properties and user name and full name were different so i put the the same as an article stated from google search. I rebooted after doing so and it just showed 1 user and it went to my desktop asking for a pin. I tried getting rid of the pin and rebooted now 2 users are back. WTF. This is screwy as i never saw this before. Any ideas guys?

5 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Ok, I thought i had it figured out as when I clicked on user properties and user name and full name were different so i put the the same as an article stated from google search. I rebooted after doing so and it just showed 1 user and it went to my desktop asking for a pin. I tried getting rid of the pin and rebooted now 2 users are back. WTF. This is screwy as i never saw this before. Any ideas guys?

Does control userpasswords2 show two accounts?

3 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

no, just 1.

Weird.

Try the last comment here:

https://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/73581-logon-screen-shows-2-users-but-there-only-1-user.html

The command they are using is control userpasswords2 and then click on advanced tab.  Looks like it might just be a weird bug.

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Weird.

Try the last comment here:

https://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/73581-logon-screen-shows-2-users-but-there-only-1-user.html

The command they are using is control userpasswords2 and then click on advanced tab.  Looks like it might just be a weird bug.

Tried it already and no go. I am trying the last step from this url to see if that works. https://www.repairwin.com/fix-duplicate-user-names-in-sign-in-screen-after-windows-10-update/     Will report back after doing so.

just to verify the obvious but you don't have a PIN set for login on the Sign-in options of the Windows 10 settings do you?

image.thumb.png.f43c4821879bc5fa846869e2a8db13d3.png

unfortunately that's my only thought on the matter; I'm not sure what else would cause what you're seeing or how to fix it so I wish you the best of luck you find a solution without just having to wipe and reinstall

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

just to verify the obvious but you don't have a PIN set for login on the Sign-in options of the Windows 10 settings do you?

image.thumb.png.f43c4821879bc5fa846869e2a8db13d3.png

unfortunately that's my only thought on the matter; I'm not sure what else would cause what you're seeing or how to fix it so I wish you the best of luck you find a solution without just having to wipe and reinstall

yes, one look for a pw and it didnt work but when i use the other account i just enter my pin and that works fine. I am not trying anymore solutions from the net. Just from someone here who might be familiar with it. It use to login right to my desktop without pin but today it is asking for one.

23 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

yes, one look for a pw and it didnt work but when i use the other account i just enter my pin and that works fine. I am not trying anymore solutions from the net. Just from someone here who might be familiar with it. It use to login right to my desktop without pin but today it is asking for one.

Just throwing this info out there but it seems this started happening when I installed windows 10 pro on virtualbox. Could that have something to do with it? If yes, should I just delete it off virtualbox to see if the issue goes away on my laptop?

I can always use windows 8.1 on my virtualbox.

Just now, Bruinator said:

Just throwing this info out there but it seems this started happening when I installed windows 10 pro on virtualbox. Could that have something to do with it? If yes, should I just delete it off virtualbox to see if the issue goes away on my laptop?

unless something is very wrong with your virtualbox app it shouldn't have anything to do with it. the VM should be an isolated environment.

6 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

unless something is very wrong with your virtualbox app it shouldn't have anything to do with it. the VM should be an isolated environment.

I am stumped then. BH, where were you going with your response with a pin plz? Is that something we need to look into?