Reccommendations for External HD Case

I have bought two Seagate external hard drives over the past couple of years (1x 4TB and 1x 5TB) and the connection cable connection to the case has a weird shaped port. Over time both have loosened and its causing the hd's to disconnect easily.

Can anyone recommend a good quality external case to accommodate these drives? I have seen a Sabrent case that has a usb connection both ends on the cable but I'm not sure if it will hold a 4tb 2.5 drive. Most cases will only hold 2tb and less drives as they are not so deep in size.

Thanks

What is this "weird shaped port"? Is it a USB header?

Look like this? https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-3-0-Cable-Male/dp/B00NH13G5A/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=usb+micro+b&qid=1614291992&sr=8-5

I think you just need a new cable. Those plugs are pretty well made.

10 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

What is this "weird shaped port"? Is it a USB header?

Look like this? https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-3-0-Cable-Male/dp/B00NH13G5A/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=usb+micro+b&qid=1614291992&sr=8-5

I think you just need a new cable. Those plugs are pretty well made.

Yes thats the one. However I think its more the port rather than the cable thats the issue hence why I asked for recommendation on a new case.

4 hours ago, Pootis Spencer said:

Yes thats the one. However I think its more the port rather than the cable thats the issue hence why I asked for recommendation on a new case.

Oh, OK, that makes sense.

I like Orico. But, just look around. Try looking for USB 3. :)

Do you move these external drives about - plugging them into different things?

If not - might be a better solution to setup a nas.

• Like 1

Hello,

If the Seagate internal drives are 15mm high, I would suggest Oyen Digital's MiniPro 2.5" external cases, which are all-metal enclosures and they use a standard barrel connector for supplemental power.  I have used several generations of these over the years and they have worked quite well for me.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 1