Invincible (Prime)

Yeah, sucks that we have to wait after giving us 3 eps to start.  But I'm down for some gore in my animation.  

Spoiler

When the aliens attacked and started shooting people, just wow.    Even the fight before that when Omni-man took out the other team members.     Puts all the PG stuff we've been getting to shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw ep7, one more to go for this season.  The changes they've done to characters and moving, restructuring of events compared to the comic book are also very well done in my opinion.  As we progress with the story I have to wonder what other changes we're in store for and if they're minor fine tuning or if we're actually going to get some big changes?

• 2 weeks later...

Season finale was great and Amazon has greenlit 2 more seasons.  Wish there was a date for season 2.

When I first heard about this show, I assumed it was meant for kids. I had no idea that it's an animated series meant for a mature audience. I burned through the first few episodes and slowed it down about halfway through the season. I think it's really good.

The only issue with the show is that the animation quality could be higher. I think since they gave it the go for 2 more seasons that they bumped up the budget as well. 

I really love this show, saying its an animated show I got surprisingly invested in the characters.

I just heard about this show last week so watched through it over the weekend. My god was that show something. Should be interesting to see where they go next season.

On 02/05/2021 at 04:40, George P said:

The only issue with the show is that the animation quality could be higher. I think since they gave it the go for 2 more seasons that they bumped up the budget as well. 

I noticed that too. It didn't take away from my enjoyment of the show. Funnily enough, I decided to watch it after getting spoiled on YouTube for the ending of episode 1. I was genuinely surprised by it even though the title of the video had the spoiler.

• 11 months later...
On 18/04/2022 at 11:40, cacoe said:

Hopefully sooner rather than later, feels like it's already been an age since the last.

Decent quality animation takes a while... This isn't the Simpsons, being churned out an animation sweatshop an episode a week...

On 18/04/2022 at 14:00, FloatingFatMan said:

Decent quality animation takes a while... This isn't the Simpsons, being churned out an animation sweatshop an episode a week...

I'm happy to watch the line-art draft with sound and voice if it means sooner :D

If they're recording the voices then much of the animation is done. Maybe not 100% final but I think close.