Needs help - How to install new wiring and equipment into existing theater room

Hi, we are finalizing the purchase of a home, the current owner said that they would take with them all the speakers, projector, projector mount and projector screen in the theater room and patch up all the holes. I am very new to theater room installation and need some help from you guys in terms of deciding how much effort/cost it will be for me to install my own setup on what is left in this theater room in our new home. We are open to hiring professionals but would like to know whether it will be more economical for us just to buy all the setup from the current owner. Thanks.

Dont have the current owner patch up the holes. Those same holes will make it easier for you to run your own speaker cable or already has speaker cable terminated into jacks. As for the equipment, depending on the age, it would probably be better that you buy your own unless the owner is willing to give it to you for half the cost / whatever i appropriate for the gear.

My advice is to tell them to not patch the holes and get your own equipment. You'll most likely will be happier this way

how old are the previous owner's speakers and how good do they sound? try stress test them and hear for distortions and such. if you're satisfied then sure.