Is this sound bad? (PSU ?)

I was hearing this sound earlier today:

Is it anything bad for the pc? I mean like the PSU about to break.

Also, the pc started slow at the Gigabyte bios screen.

It happned on my old pc because the power supply was about to ruin the SSD.

So it dosen't happen samething here.

Corsair TX750M

That sounds like a fan groaning.  It could be your PSU or your back fan.

Take a q-tip and stop the fans. One by one. If it stops the whining, that is the culprit. :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

That sounds like a fan groaning.  It could be your PSU or your back fan.

Take a q-tip and stop the fans. One by one. If it stops the whining, that is the culprit. :)

I don't have any more fans on the back.

So then it becomes easier. How should I stop the fan though?

Also, if the noise dissappears when I stop the fan it needs replacement? (I think it is ok since it just only the fan if so)

It might be clogged with dust. If you are able to remove the PSU and cover, see if you can blow out the dust (if that's what it is).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

It might be clogged with dust. If you are able to remove the PSU and cover, see if you can blow out the dust (if that's what it is).

I've never been successful in removing an noise caused by dust, in my experience once dust causes a noise in a fan .. time to replace the fan.

Just now, DavveHawk95 said:

Don't think it is any dust. Because this build is only like some weeks old

if it's a new PSU you could look into RMAing it then. there really shouldn't be any kind of whine like that I wouldn't think.

• Like 3

If you are certain that noise is coming from the PSU ... be it the PSU fan or some really abnormal electrical humming... RMA it.  Regardless, that noise is not normal from a brand new PSU nor should you attempt to replace the PSU fan.

Of course it could be some other fan in the case...hard to tell from the video and without hands on. 

No, I would never change the fan inside a PSU.

Thanks guys.

The question is: Do I dare to wait until it comes back (to be sure to see where it comes from)  or maybe I should send the video to the company I bought it from?
And they have to decide?

Don't know if it is realted. But I have also had like 50 degress (celcius) when just with like about 5 programs multitasking and it was not even demaniding programs.

Because it was like Spotify, Firefox Photoshop and Discord kinda.

Specs: Gigabyte Z490 UD (rev 1.0)  i5-10400F LGA 200, Corsair TX750M and Sapphire Radeon r9 390 gaming 8gb

Sometimes the humming is actually the capacitor's working, Vibrating its also its common fault on PSU's when they get hot. i would RMA it and get a new one as it probably will get louder and will fail and could probably cause damage to your PC when it eventually blows.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dick Montage said:

Why?  It's easy.

46 minutes ago, DavveHawk95 said:

No, I would never change the fan inside a PSU.

Thanks guys.

The question is: Do I dare to wait until it comes back (to be sure to see where it comes from)  or maybe I should send the video to the company I bought it from?
And they have to decide?

The PSU is new, it makes a weird noise, RMA it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

The PSU is new, it makes a weird noise, RMA it.

Agreed in this case absolutely.  I often wonder at mates when they get something brand new but then spend ages trying to fix or whatever.  Nah, back you go!

4 hours ago, DavveHawk95 said:

And they have to decide?

Contact the company you bought it from first. Sometimes they'll send you the new unit first so you can test to make sure it works right before shipping back the defective unit.

If you're lucky they'll even send a call tag with the new unit so you don't have to pay for shipping yourself to send the defective one back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

Contact the company you bought it from first. Sometimes they'll send you the new unit first so you can test to make sure it works right before shipping back the defective unit.

If you're lucky they'll even send a call tag with the new unit so you don't have to pay for shipping yourself to send the defective one back.

Heh. Had that happen with my Logitech mouse. But they didn't require I send the defective one back. They just gave me a new one. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Heh. Had that happen with my Logitech mouse. But they didn't require I send the defective one back. They just gave me a new one. :)

heh, I can see that happening with something simpler like a mouse; especially with Logitech, they've always been a friendly company in my experience. A PSU though I'd imagine they'd want to get back so they can repair and resell as refurbished.

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

heh, I can see that happening with something simpler like a mouse; especially with Logitech, they've always been a friendly company in my experience. A PSU though I'd imagine they'd want to get back so they can repair and resell as refurbished.

Well, yeah, the mouse was only $20. Think this PSU is like $50+.