Surface?

Hello, looking to purchase a surface.  Would like at least 8gb of ram or more, 128gb hard drive would work and like the one with the smallest screen bezel but want to not spend more than $1,000.  Will only use it for surfing, telegram. adb link to get into my firesticks, maybe word and that's it.  suggestion and reasonings would be helpful, considering Costco as I have an account, Best Buy etc...

Thank you

Try going these places like BB, and try them yourself. I never owned a Surface, and never want to.

TBH for what you've listed a grand is a lot to spend. However, the hardware is nice.

From what I've seen BestBuy is among the more frequent sources of discounted bundles that include pen/keyboard covers but currently it doesn't look like they're any more competitive than buying from Microsoft directly. A 799 bundle gets you an SP7 with i5, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, and a keyboard cover from either source. While the SP7 technically doesn't have the smallest bezels (the SPX comes to mind), it enjoys broader software compatibility than the ARM product at this time. Expect to see discounts frequently, since the SP7 Plus rolled around. If you want a pen as well, it's worth checking whether it's cheaper to find a bundle that includes the pen, or pick it up aftewards on Amazon (depends on vendor pricing).

ok, I had a mini iPad at one point and time and didn't care for it so I wanted to try one of these figured it would be good enough for what I need was hoping for some helpful thoughts.

Hello,

Woot! has a a refurbished Surface Pro 4's for sale that meets your requirements:

$600 - https://computers.woot.com/offers/microsoft-surface-pro-4-12-3-8gb-256gb-2

$510 - https://computers.woot.com/offers/microsoft-surface-pro-4-i5-256gb-bundle-sd-1

Perhaps one of these would work for you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 23/04/2021 at 09:54, LilSnoop40 said:

ok, I had a mini iPad at one point and time and didn't care for it so I wanted to try one of these figured it would be good enough for what I need was hoping for some helpful thoughts.

Good enough in terms of technical capability: absolutely. If you plan on editing anything in Word then I'd strongly suggest getting the type cover. Using the device in pure tablet mode is just passable. If you've got the keyboard cover attached and are using it more like a laptop, then it's a very compact and capable light productivity machine.