Suggested four-player, one-screen PC games with full controller support?

I've got some really old suggestions from the late 90s / early 2000s for you:

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Myself and friends had loads of fun playing 4 player split screen online, you can also play online with 4 players locally on one PC. The controller can be re-mapped in game for all players. From what I remember any game controller windows recognises should work, despite the games age. In addition you can download loads of user created levels at Jazz2Online.

Mini Car Racing - This is a cross between Skidmarks that was on the Amiga / Mega Drive and Rock n Roll racing on the SNES if you ever played either of those in the 90s. You can race a tournament with 4 players and upgrade your cars with better weapons as you progress in the races. I think this supports controllers, however its been 20 years since I played it. I realise from the video linked to it looks a bit naf, however trust me It's pretty intense fun with 4 of you crammed around the screen battling it out. Not sure where you can actually buy this, I got it in PC world back in the day, however the second result on Google is a download so...

Rollcage - A high speed racing game from the late 90s, theirs a modern successor to this called GRIP: Combat Racing which also looks to support 4 players split screen.

I'm pretty sure theirs some others I used to play on the PC, however I just can't remember them now. I can suggest quite a few local split-screen 4 players game on the Xbox 360 though. I've had some great gaming nights in the past with 4 of us crammed round the TV playing 4 player split screen Xbox 360.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

I'm pretty sure theirs some others I used to play on the PC, however I just can't remember them now. I can suggest quite a few local split-screen 4 players game on the Xbox 360 though. I've had some great gaming nights in the past with 4 of us crammed round the TV playing 4 player split screen Xbox 360.

Back in the day my mate and I would book out a Friday/Saturday evening, loads of take out/beer and just spend the evening playing Gears or Modern Warfare on split screen where the video was projected onto a huge wall.  

@Elliot B. Are there any particular type of games you're looking for? 

We've played games like Jackbox which area great fun or Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

18 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Back in the day my mate and I would book out a Friday/Saturday evening, loads of take out/beer and just spend the evening playing Gears or Modern Warfare on split screen where the video was projected onto a huge wall.  

Never had a projector however we did the same. My mate would often bring his 360 around and hook it up to my PC monitor, so he would be on that and i'd be on my 360. We'd often have 2 people on each 360 for 4 player games of Gears and Halo, both consoles playing online. If my brother was home he'd often join us for some online games, so we'd quite often have 3x Xbox 360's going in the same room.

Gears of War, Halo 3, Blur, Trials Evolution, Heavy Weapon, Bomberman Live, Modern Warfare 2 and so on. That was peak gaming for myself.

• Like 1

Take a look at the Overcook series. I played it briefly when it was free on PSN and I could see how it would be great with four people.

I don't know why no one (including myself) has suggested it yet, but Super Smash Bros!

Also the Tekken series, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat...I think they are two player games, but they're still great fun for parties.

PC games we're requested, however if emulators are viable then I agree Smash Bros is a great choice!

Emulating the GameCube gets you Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash, both such a great laugh playing 4 people on one screen.

• 1 month later...

Speedrunners. It's been a while since I played, but man did I have fun with it when I did. Such a simple concept, but it's so entertaining. 

• 2 years later...