Windows 10 feature discussion: positives and negatives

I upgraded to Windows 10 because I found some features that were genuine improvements over Windows 7/8.1 but these are obscure features (WHPX or Windows Hypervisor Platform, Discrete Device Assignment for Hyper-V VMs, Hotspot with DHCP that works reliably with 5 GHz/choice of Wi-Fi band, Webcam frame server/webcam proxy, WDDM GPU scheduling). Also many platform/hardware features of my Intel/AMD CPUs or NVIDIA GPU supported only under 10. And of course continuously improving security.

And the backward steps in 10 related to UI, customizations, full control over the OS - mostly I managed to fix with third party apps with the exception of Modern Standby nonsense which is a hardware level regression due to firmware lacking S3 in my machines. There are some major annoying bugs in 10 for which I found workarounds - overall 7 was more fine-tuned, bug-free due to way it was built and patched vs 10's continuous major releases.

With Windows next-gen on the horizon, I'd really like to know why other people upgraded to 10. Overall, how do the releases from 1507 to 21H1 round up for you? Any killer features in any of the releases that you liked? Was it because you had no choice and 10 was the only supported version? What do you like in 10 that's not in 7/8.1? What do you find that's a technical or user experience improvement? What are the positives and negatives over more than 10 "versions" of Windows 10? How do you feel Windows 10 has rounded up being?

Tell me any features that you find particularly nice over 7/8.1. :) And what you don't like, apart from updates breaking something. That has been discussed to no end.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like Windows Defender. It's not the best antivirus by any means but I like how it was integrated with the rest of the Windows 10 UI. I also like the new icons and just how modern it looks and feels.