Security camera software?

Question

I asked this question a year ago and was given the suggestion of Blue Iris (commercial) and iSpy (freemium). Now I have ~1 month left on Blue Iris until I have to renew it for $69. iSpy wants $99 /year for viewing more than one camera. I have tried YAWCAM, but it will not work for all of the cameras I have, and I have tried Contacam, which again wants a donation to use it for more then 14 days, and I could not get it to connect to my WiFi cameras, but it accessed the PoE's with no trouble. Can anyone suggest any other programs to try, or would I be better off paying for Blue Iris? I should add that I have the proprietary software to view the cameras, but it would require me having two programs open.

5 answers to this question

Are you able to setup PiVPN and just connect back to your lan and do a local lan view? Can the free version do free lan views? or do you even have to pay for that?

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Are you able to setup PiVPN and just connect back to your lan and do a local lan view? Can the free version do free lan views? or do you even have to pay for that?

I have no idea what you are asking here!

2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I have no idea what you are asking here!

When you said $99 for viewing more than one camera. .. you mean just to record more than one camera?

43 minutes ago, warwagon said:

When you said $99 for viewing more than one camera. .. you mean just to record more than one camera?

I apparently misread what it was saying:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/pricing.aspx

• You can cancel your subscription via PayPal at any time (no contracts!)
  • You can purchase SMS credits separately on subscription plans.
  • "1 server connected" means 1 computer running our software. The number of viewing clients is unlimited.
  • Subscriptions auto renew until canceled. Pre-Pay (12 and 24 month) does not auto renew.
  • For larger installations or if you want to use your own email, SMS and web servers on a closed network you may be interested in iSpy Central.
  • All prices are in US Dollars. Your payment may be eligible as a tax deduction if you are using iSpy for work or a home office. Check with your accountant.

Raspberry Pi surveillance camera software

example