951 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

If you can't remember your first or first topic, go to your profile, click Find member's posts/topics, click on last and scroll down to the bottom :)

I joined because I needed desperate help as I had succesfully deleted the administrator account on my XP box leaving only a guest account. I stuck around because Neowin was the only site to produce a solution and then I discovered the SD&A forum. It took me a while to realize that BPN is where I would grow and even longer to discover that we had a front page where I could be most useful :p

edit: damn typos

• Like 5

I was a guest in Neowin for ages using the forums to help me find answers for the studies I was doing at TAFE.

My first ever post was when hotmail upgraded to 250MB

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...=229864&hl=

I got 446 replies to that thread so that was a nice way to start out on Neowin since then I?ve had a strong belief that forums go both ways you should help out others as much as possible as well as ask questions of other people.

• Like 2

Don't specifically remember, but it had something to do with the as-yet-to-be-released Windows XP. Of course, back then, things weren't so strict, so it probably had to do with the leaked volume license copy that got out a month before XP hit the shelves...

Don't specifically remember, but it had something to do with the as-yet-to-be-released Windows XP. Of course, back then, things weren't so strict, so it probably had to do with the leaked volume license copy that got out a month before XP hit the shelves...

FCKGW... Good old days :D

Someone told me it was possible to apply other themes to XP by patching a file and I did a search that brought me to Neowin. I downloaded the patch and a theme but can't remember what the theme was. It might have been Luna Element.

I think my first post was a thread I created asking where to locate a driver or BIOS update for an old computer I had that I was re-building to give a friend.

I found neowin many years ago (probably around 2001 or 02) from an affiliate banner at the www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com news site.

I visit neowin back from then, but I never bothered to get into the forums :p

I found neowin many years ago (probably around 2001 or 02) from an affiliate banner at the www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com news site.

I visit neowin back from then, but I never bothered to get into the forums :p

Until now, you'll be hooked from this day forward!

I first saw Neowin in July 2004 (don't ask me how it took so long to find it!), being linked from another forum, which has now closed down. However, I was addicted to using that forum and didn't want to get addicted to another so I didn't sign up. Then I read on a blog that Luna Element 1 was released, and the blog post linked to Neowin, so I signed up then... I think it's safe to say I'm addicted to Neowin, like most of us here :laugh:

If you can't remember your first or first topic, go to your profile, click Find member's posts/topics, click on last and scroll down to the bottom :)

I joined because I needed desperate help as I had succesfully deleted the administrator account on my XP box leaving only a guest account. I stuck around because Neowin was the only site to produce a solution and then I discovered the SD&A forum. It took me a while to realize that BPN is where I would grow and even longer to discover that we had a front page where I could be most useful :p

edit: damn typos

I tried to find my first ever topic on neowin but I can only go back as far as March 2005...not very helpful now is it?

This hacker guy I knew who we screwed around with had a site, awayfromkeyboard.net, and he had an image folder, in there was a random desktop screenshot of his, and on the taskbar was Neowin.net, I admired him back then, so I went, read around, joined!

I was griping to a friend about the foolishness that seems to permeate a similar type website and he suggested Neowin. I came, I registered, and I guess I will find out soon enough if the grass is greener on this site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1