Replacing Laptop Enter Key [keyboard]

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000t. I was popping out the keys to clean them and apparently broke the little plastic piece that connects the actual enter key to the laptop. Is there any way to get just that key replaced. Because it costs about 55 dollars to get the entire keyboard replaced.

Another question. If I do get the entire keyboard, it seems as if you have to unscrew the entire thing out and screw the new one in. So, I'm guessing it includes everything, like those little plastic pieces that connect the keys to the keyboard?

I'll have to concur with Shadowman. EBay is your best friend for single keys. If you do decide to get a whole new keyboard though, it SHOULD come with everything you need. Read the description carefully though just in case, as you should always do with everything anyways. When I clean my keys I just use the can of air spray. I turn off the computer and hol down a few keys at a time (to get the air flow under them easier) anou shouldn't have much trouble finding the key on eBay.

Yeah, thanks, I will probably do that. Now, the picture looks like my keyboard and the model number matches but just to be sure how do I know for sure it is the correct key? The manual for my computer says this is the number for the keyboard: 441427-001

But I'm not sure what the number for the individual keys is. The ebay item has this as the number 431414-001 for the individual keys.

Anyways, it looks to be correct.

most laptops use the same style of keys... at least my dell, my friends dell and my gf's gateway all have the same key connection hinges. i think you are pretty safe getting it. do they have a picture of the hinge or clip that connects the key to the keyboard? if they do, pop off one of your other keys (only if you're sure you can do so without breaking it) and compare them. if they have your laptop type listed though there's a really good chance it will work.

• 1 year later...

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000t. I was popping out the keys to clean them and apparently broke the little plastic piece that connects the actual enter key to the laptop. Is there any way to get just that key replaced. Because it costs about 55 dollars to get the entire keyboard replaced.

Another question. If I do get the entire keyboard, it seems as if you have to unscrew the entire thing out and screw the new one in. So, I'm guessing it includes everything, like those little plastic pieces that connect the keys to the keyboard?

Ofcourse you can replace your broken individual key.

I know of such a website which sells individual laptop keys and trust me you don?t have to buy a new keyboard for just a single key. They sell genuine keys with their retainer plastic pieces for just $5. Check out:

http://www.laptopkey.com

Browse through your brand name, model number and order your required key. It?s that simple.

The best part is, you can repair your broken keys yourself by watching the video tutorials on the website.

Hope this helps!