Good monitor with speakers, microphone and webcam?

As the title states, I'm looking for monitor with webcam, speakers and microphone.

Well looking at old magazines I came across the "Samsung 225UW" http://pages.samsung.com/us/225uw/

which seems to be pretty nice but I still think the price is a bit high (since it is optimized for Microsoft Office Communicator - in which I would never use.)

Looking around I found this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824116078

Yea about right price, but still looking for more choices.

thank you.

you can't get your own speakers, mic, and webcam? speakers are rather crappy on monitors.

you can't get your own speakers, mic, and webcam? speakers are rather crappy on monitors.

I could in matter of fact I have.

but I don't like having the speakers, mic and webcam on my desk, it looks too full and the cable management just sucks, having everything in one would save me space and loook better.

Also my friend has mac G5 where speakers and mic is built in and I like it, makes his work area much cleanner.

that's why

yes, but that's a Mac.. they always have built in stuff. IMO, cable management is easy...

I've just seen two of your threads, surely an iMac would be better for someone like you?

Everything is built in, Wireless, Bluetooth, Speakers, Microphone, Webcam... you get the idea

I've just seen two of your threads, surely an iMac would be better for someone like you?

Everything is built in, Wireless, Bluetooth, Speakers, Microphone, Webcam... you get the idea

yea most of my friends recommands me to get iMac since I seem to like Apple designs =P

but the price tag is just ridiculous.

yea most of my friends recommands me to get iMac since I seem to like Apple designs =P

but the price tag is just ridiculous.

A good monitor plus a good computer will run you approximately the same cost as an iMac, keep in mind you're paying for the screen as well as the computer.

Aside from that, have you considered a MacBook and using the integrated iSight camera there? You can also plug in a second monitor if you'd like and the bottom line cost of a MacBook is below that of an iMac.

I'd still get stand-alone speakers.. I can only imagine these built-in speakers being as good as laptop speakers. I'd hate having speakers like that as my main speakers...

A good monitor plus a good computer will run you approximately the same cost as an iMac, keep in mind you're paying for the screen as well as the computer.

Aside from that, have you considered a MacBook and using the integrated iSight camera there? You can also plug in a second monitor if you'd like and the bottom line cost of a MacBook is below that of an iMac.

True, but the fact that I'm freshman in high school and I don't money to spend.

I have a low end computer, so I will ask for All-in-one monitor as a gift in x-mas, when ever I have some free money to spend, I would gradly spend on my machine (matter of fact I purchased a HD3650 less then 3 weeks ago).

Monitor speakers are universally crap. yes, even the ones with the Apple logo.

As for a webcam, no built in monitor webcam is any copetition for half a decent standalone. and most webcams come with built in mics anyway. Get a high quality logitech low profile webpcam, they snap onto your flat screen, have great image quality and light sensitvitiy, and they can blen in very well with your monitor.

As for cables. monitors with built in crap still require the same aount of cables. mic wire, Speaker wires, USB wire for the webcam and the video cable for the monitor itself. putting it in one unit doesn't magically remove the need for the cables the equipment needs.