multi monitor programs?

Question

so i've just bought myself an Eyefinity radeon 5870 ... one of these:

2055_p4_12.jpg

assuming that i can populate each of those displayports with a display, what program other than games would make use of a multi monitor setup like this?

like i would like to do something like this:

hdr_img_worship.jpg

but with each screen showing something different, and with no video input involved

18 answers to this question

Ultramon?

I'm not too certain the number of monitors the software supports.

"more than 10"

by the way it seems that there is a mentality here that multi monitor = Ultramon

when that is not the thing i am looking for, have you clicked on the link i posted? i am not looking for a program which makes my windows desktop work on many monitors..........

i am looking for a program which natively supports using many monitors

Be more clear with what youre trying to do.

Are you trying to have a setup where by say 4 monitors display a quarter of the video/image/portion of the screen thus making one larger picture or what?

i am looking for a program which natively supports using many monitors

Not sure what you want....Windows will work out of the box with "many monitors"

Not sure what you want....Windows will work out of the box with "many monitors"

windows is an operating system, its desktop can go across ?multiple screens

but when i run a program, that program usually only takes up one screen

Ultramon is the way to go. I can get Word, Excel, Photoshop, IE, FF, and many other programs to span 5 30in monitors no problem.

Why do you need an application to spread across the multiple displays? You've purchased it, so obviously there should have been a purpose behind the initial purchase, or was this just an impulse buy, and you would like to play with it?

Why do you need an application to spread across the multiple displays? You've purchased it, so obviously there should have been a purpose behind the initial purchase, or was this just an impulse buy, and you would like to play with it?

it is meant as an upgrade for the existing visual system in a bar

they've got a bunch of huge television screens on the walls, but most of the time they are displaying advertisements

they are planning on brinigng some music events into the pub, and would like to have some visualization on the screens...

rather than a seperate computer for each screen, it would be chaper for one single rig to handle the visuals for all of the screens at once... this wouldnt have been possible hardware-wise before the radeon eyefinity6 cards were released

now i realize that the program i linked to, R4, might be the only one which fits my purpose, so in that case i'll see if i can improvise with other programs somehow, like as long as the programs dont look like a user interface waiting for input, it will do well enough

I DJ and also host karaoke. Generally I take my own monitor for use - but if the venue has a monitor system to jack into, I use that.

I use Winamp's visualisations on the secondary monitors (x number of monitors, connected to show the SAME thing on all monitors).

I use Display Fusion, I love that software.

again, im not looking for something which stretches my taskbar/desktop across multiple screens

i am looking for something which will output something different to each screen... like maybe it sets aside one monitor to show all the UI and controls and stuff, but must output its own stuff to each screen

i am looking for something which will output something different to each screen... like maybe it sets aside one monitor to show all the UI and controls and stuff, but must output its own stuff to each screen

Ahhhh.

Well, one app is Compuhost - a computer hosting karaoke app. User's desktop is the console, all others are the lyrics.

Also I wrote a "bingo" app for my local pub that outputs to the TV the announcer view, and the PC screen shows the console.

i know its not really cool to ask for this, but do you know a website or forum which is dedicated to people doing commercial visualization?

i've seen people simply play back videos or gif files or whatever and just blend between the videos, but something like realtime 3d would be nice...

the creator of R4 has made a new program called 'Morphyre' but multimonitor is only supported with the copy bundled with a £2500 customized Shuttle system he's not even selling yet...

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2010 at 5:44 AM, Nefarious Trigger said:

Ahhhh.

Well, one app is Compuhost - a computer hosting karaoke app. User's desktop is the console, all others are the lyrics.

Also I wrote a "bingo" app for my local pub that outputs to the TV the announcer view, and the PC screen shows the console.

I have compuhost but on the main monitor it simply duplicates dj screen.  I don't want everything I just want the lyrics