Screen recording alternatives

Question

Hi guys. I have a little problem with recording one of my desktops. I'm trying to record a visualization plug-in from Winamp (it's called Rabid Hamster 4). This plug-in has an option for enabling video recording, but only with a capture card. So I tried using CamStudio and Camtasia. Both of them give me unacceptable results, but not in quality, just in fps I think. There are many "pauses" in the resulted video, it's no way near real-time. I know it might be impossible to get a similar result, but maybe something better?

Any recommendations? Thanks. :)

9 answers to this question

Debut

theres a free version and a paid the free one works fine 4 me

Link straight to download: download

Thank you, but it doesn't work..."failed to start preview" just after I hit the record button. I'm gonna give Fraps a try now and get back.

Well, Fraps does a much better job, so, unless anyone else cam recommend something even better, a mod may close this thread. smile.gif Thanks.

I think Fraps might be your best bet. Most of the Windows screencasters / gamers I know use Fraps.

try audials moviebox, you shouldn't have any problems if you are using the screen capture feature. I mean, as far as I am concerned, it does a pretty decent job when it comes to recording videos.

Replies to a thread over two years old. Grats on your first post!