All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Multi monitors support in Windows 10 improved but it's still very sucky. Yeah DisplayFusion is definitely a must have.
  3. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October...
  4. No need to make yourself appear credible by citing computer experience. It’s an older, low powered machine. It is expected that older OSes run better on it. I got a i3-2120 CPU, 8GB of RAM, a good SSD, and Win10 runs fine. there is no way I would use Win8 over Win10 especially after Win8's initial release pretty much gave that OS a bad rep due to it's interface not being suited for desktop/laptops and then it never recovered as people generally seem to go Win7 or Win10 as I don't see much reason for Win8 right now. Windows 8 was bad , true, however 8.1 made of changes and its quite usable for a non-workstation PC/laptop. I don't miss the Start menu and the new interface doesn't get in my way too much. Yeah, I have heard that but at that point it's reputation was damaged and people pretty much avoided anything Windows 8 at that point.
  5. Landscape mode vertical video should be banned from the internet entirely. Monitors and TVs are WIDEscreen not tall-screen! Meanwhile, there is no excuse whatever to not hold your smartphone in "portrait mode" when recording a video clip on it. To anyone that still records in portrait mode, you're all idiots. Don't even THINK about uploading your vertical video trash to ANY public video sharing platform or website! /rant
  6. You are talking about ware. You have apparently done 26 TB of writes to your drive, which is about 20% of its life, so you have about 80% left before you start losing capacity. If that is about 2 years, then you can probably expect to keep the drive a total of 10 years, which seems pretty reasonable. Yeah, just about any decent SSD type of device should crack at least 100TB of writes before any chance of failure occurs from writing data to the device as just about anything modern should be rated for a minimum of 70-75TB and that's on the smaller capacities to. so those 1TB range SSD's should go WELL beyond that before failure occurs from writes. True, and the drives do wear leveling, so on a larger drive, the writes are spread across the entire drive. Even if you have a file that is frequently updated (such as the Windows Page File) it will not cause a single part of the drive to wear out faster. The more free space you have on the drive, the more it can spread the load. Yeah, but basically with these 500GB and 1TB range SSD's becoming more of the norm as prices decline people should be able to easily crack into the lower half of the triple digits of TB written to the drive before any real risk of failure (assuming the SSD only fails from writing data to it and not just random faulty pre-mature hardware failure). so even for a conservative figure... most people will have moved onto new hardware before a modern SSD dies from writing data to it unless your one of those people who consistently write a lot of data to it on a day-to-day basis. but even these types should still easily get years out of it unless they are going crazy with the data writing. but as I imagine you already know... even with roughly a 250GB SSD one should be able to get at least 5-10 years out of it as even if one did 80GB (as in 80TBW) per day, every single day, which is A LOT more than most people would do I am sure, that would be 146TBW in 5 years and it's not a stretch for a decent 250GB SSD to reach that point if not further even when they are only officially rated for 75TBW and the like. so even with 40GB a day that would stretch things to 10 years and that's still a lot for someone to do consistently. so with those 500GB/1TB range SSD's you can pretty much use them and forget don't worry in the slightest about writing too much data to it as I don't even really worry much on my 128GB and 250GB SSD's as both are 72TBW/75TBW rated and have 5 year warranty. I got one year left on my Samsung 850 EVO warranty but, the last I checked, I might have been something around 15TBW to it (I am pretty sure it's less than 20TBW).
  7. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ...
  8. The Messaging App was not something used directly. The core was and is used by Skype to provide SMS syncing. I doubt any WP/WM10 user ever even noticed that messages could appear in the Messaging App, as it was NEVER the UI used. PS - the Messaging App hasn't displayed or allowed access to SMS messages for Sync since like 1803 or 1709 - so this isn't technically a new change. Do people still use SMS these days other than 2 factor auth? In Europe nobody uses that anymore since the telecoms kept charging way to much so everybody turned to WhatsApp. Then way to late made it free but people are used to other solutions now.
  9. I have an i3 NUC as my media centre PC and it's moderately faster with W10 than it was with W8.1. The overall operation feels smoother, and I notice a lower CPU load while Kodi is running. If W8.1 is "twice as fast" on your machine, then there is something wrong with it, your drivers or your installation. There is no way W10 is that much slower on a machine like that. I installed Windows 10, using MCT twice on my laptop. Once using the drivers from Windows update and once using the drivers from the product's website. Same results, not bad but quite slow compared to WIndows 8.1 . We are talking about clean installs with different drivers. League of Legends runs on 45 FPS on Windows 10, 60 FPS on Windows 10 with Game Mode off and 108 FPS on average on Windows 8.1 "There is no way W10 is that much slower on a machine like that." - I've tried disabling Windows Defender on both systems , same results. It is by no means unusable but slow compared to Windows 8.1 There are quite a few posts around the internet in wich people praise Windows 8.1's speed if we are not to count the new , crappy interface. Seems off that games would be a major focus on a laptop of that caliber and the results are anecdotal at best but if 8.1 works best for you, nobody should be criticizing you for it.
  10. Dutchie64

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

Agreed. I used Github before it was bought by Microsoft. Only MS haters, or people with tinfoil hats left GitHub after MS bought it. Normal folk just stayed and kept doing what they were doing....
  11. I have an i3 NUC as my media centre PC and it's moderately faster with W10 than it was with W8.1. The overall operation feels smoother, and I notice a lower CPU load while Kodi is running. If W8.1 is "twice as fast" on your machine, then there is something wrong with it, your drivers or your installation. There is no way W10 is that much slower on a machine like that. I installed Windows 10, using MCT twice on my laptop. Once using the drivers from Windows update and once using the drivers from the product's website. Same results, not bad but quite slow compared to WIndows 8.1 . We are talking about clean installs with different drivers. League of Legends runs on 45 FPS on Windows 10, 60 FPS on Windows 10 with Game Mode off and 108 FPS on average on Windows 8.1 "There is no way W10 is that much slower on a machine like that." - I've tried disabling Windows Defender on both systems , same results. It is by no means unusable but slow compared to Windows 8.1 There are quite a few posts around the internet in wich people praise Windows 8.1's speed if we are not to count the new , crappy interface.
  12. sn0wf1ake1

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

Agreed. I used Github before it was bought by Microsoft.
  13. No need to make yourself appear credible by citing computer experience. It’s an older, low powered machine. It is expected that older OSes run better on it. I got a i3-2120 CPU, 8GB of RAM, a good SSD, and Win10 runs fine. there is no way I would use Win8 over Win10 especially after Win8's initial release pretty much gave that OS a bad rep due to it's interface not being suited for desktop/laptops and then it never recovered as people generally seem to go Win7 or Win10 as I don't see much reason for Win8 right now. Windows 8 was bad , true, however 8.1 made of changes and its quite usable for a non-workstation PC/laptop. I don't miss the Start menu and the new interface doesn't get in my way too much.
  14. Still waiting for the update on my Galaxy A6; it was supposed to be released in April but changed to TBD ... The A6+ got the update but not the standard A6 yet
  15. If only I could get my contacts to switch from WhatsApp to this.
  16. ..A new bitcoin with blackjacks and hookers. In fact, forget bitcoin.. IMHO, Facebook thinks it has power but it is just an illusion, like the illusion of "facebook friends".
  17. They weren’t there to begin with. They get downloaded. That said, I’ve never had that happen on an enterprise install. I don't think he's using the enterprise sku? It could be Pro with just a domain join? Fair enough. Never had it happen with Pro joined either unless I signed in with my msa first...and why would anyone do that? Join it during installation or use a local account first.
  18. Today
  19. Looks like I dodged a bullet because I am still stuck on the same Dev build from days ago.
  20. i want less facebook in my life, not more thanks. FaceBook have shown they cannot be trusted on multiple occasions.
  21. Copernic

AnyDesk 5.1.1

AnyDesk 5.1.1 by Razvan Serea AnyDesk is a fast remote desktop system and enables users to access their data, images, videos and applications from anywhere and at any time, and also to share it with others. AnyDesk is the first remote desktop software that doesn't require you to think about what you can do. CAD, video editing or simply working comfortably with an office suite for hours are just a few examples. AnyDesk is designed for modern multi-core CPUs. Most of AnyDesk's image processing is done con­currently. This way, AnyDesk can utilize up to 90% of modern CPUs. AnyDesk works across multiple platforms and operating systems: Windows, Linux, Free BSD, Mac OS, iOS and Android. Just two megabytes - downloaded in a glimpse, sent via email, or fired up from your USB drive, AnyDesk will turn any desktop into your desktop in se­conds. No administrative privileges or installation needed. AnyDesk 5.1.1 fixed bugs: Fixed broken mouse handling in the search popup. Fixed lost keyboard focus when switching from the File Manager to a monitor. Fixed fullscreen mode on session start. Fixed a crash during rights elevation. Fixed discovery online states. Added missing TCP permission setting. Minor fixes Other changes: Added a selection box tool. Selected items will now scroll into the visible area automatically. D3D fullscreen can now be minimized. Changed TCP default permission to true. Download: AnyDesk 5.1.1 | 2.7 MB (Free for private use, paid upgrade available) Links: AnyDesk Home Page | Other platforms | Release History | Screenshot Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  22. Oh cool let's have ol' trustworthy Zuck have a part in our financials too, that sounds...good?
  23. i believe Microsoft Pulled the update as there's to many outstanding issues with it , i havent gotten it yet either an im in no rush to get it either Source that it was pulled? just a guess on my behalf, why else wouldnt it be in Windows Update? https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...1903-may-2019-update/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...sion-1903-may-2019-update/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...rsion-1903-may-2019-update/ Because it’s not been rolled out to everyone on Windows Update? If it was pulled the media creation tool would have been pulled as well. maybe it's still available from the website. I used that to install it on two machines, no issues.
  24. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... The solution in the comment above seems to work for me. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and remove the folder. Looking at the recent The Windows 10 May 2019 Update still has some known issues to work out Neowin article, my issue is about an AMD RAID driver used by my Kingston SSDs, and maybe even my Intel video drivers. At least an explanation ! At least you have some info yeah. Bummer though cause that's not as easy to fix.
  25. And it says this where exactly? It doesn't, hating Google no matter what the topic is, is sort of his/her thing
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?