All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Improvements which no one requested are always welcome ! Especially when they are widgets related.
  3. Intel releases new Arc driver with big performance improvements for many games by Taras Buria Intel has released a big new graphics driver for customers with supported processors and graphics cards. Intel Arc and Xe 31.0.101.5444 non-WQHL driver delivers significant performance improvements for a lot of different DirectX 11 games, plus a few fixes for known issues. Here are the performance uplifts you can expect from the latest release: Game Intel Arc A-Series GPUs Intel Core Ultra CPUs American Truck Simulator (DX11) - Up to 10% more FPS at 1080p Medium Astroneer (DX11) Up to 30% more FPS at 1080p Ultra - Days Gone (DX11) Up to 5% more FPS at 1080p Very High - Dyson Sphere Program (DX11) Up to 15% more FPS at 1080p Default Up to 17% more FPS at 1080p Default Fortnite Performance Mode (DX11) Up to 15% more FPS at 1080p Ultra Up to 12% more FPS at 1080p Medium Lethal Company (DX11) Up to 14% more FPS at 1080p Default Up to 24% more FPS at 1080p Default Mass Effect Legendary Edition (DX11) Up to 14% more FPS at 1080p Ultra Up to 48% more FPS at 1080p Medium Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (DX11) Up to 8% more FPS at 1080p Very High - Need for Speed Heat (DX11) Up to 36% more FPS at 1080p Ultra Up to 19% more FPS at 1080p Medium Unturned (DX11) Up to 5% more FPS at 1080p Ultra - VRChat (DX11) Up to 5% more FPS at 1080p High - World of Warships (DX11) Up to 7% more FPS at 1080p Maximum - In addition, Intel's latest GPU driver fixed the following issues: Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products: No Rest for the Wicked* (DX11) may experience application crash while launching prologue gameplay. Assetto Corsa* (DX11) may exhibit full screen corruption while switching windows using Alt+Tab during gameplay. Halo Infinite* (DX12) may exhibit corruption with ray traced shadows enabled during gameplay. Intel® Core™ Ultra with built-in Intel® Arc™ GPUs: Diablo IV* (DX12) may exhibit corruption on the terrain during gameplay. You can download the Intel Arc 31.0.101.544 non-WHQL driver from the official website. Full release notes, including known issues, are available via this link (PDF).
  4. primortal

Transformers One (2024)

The untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, better known as sworn enemies, but once were friends bonded like brothers who changed the fate of Cybertron forever.
  5. Microsoft wants to hide the 'Sign out' button in Windows 11 behind a Microsoft 365 ad by Taras Buria Microsoft is not done adding more odd stuff into its operating system. Following the not-so-great reception of new Start menu ads in one of the recent Beta builds, Microsoft is bringing even more ads, which, besides being slightly annoying, come at the cost of existing features. In build 22635.3500, the Sign Out button is now hidden behind a menu with a Microsoft 365 ad. Microsoft calls the new thing "Account Manager." In a nutshell, it is a flyout with your existing subscriptions, a Microsoft 365 upsell, and a few account-related notifications, like a prompt to add a backup phone number or enable OneDrive backups. There is now also a link to your Microsoft Account settings. Do you know what is not there? The Sign Out and Switch User button. Signing out of your profile now requires opening a submenu hidden behind a three-dot button. Apparently, Microsoft thinks showing your Xbox Game Pass subscription expiration date and the amount of OneDrive storage is more important than the "Sign Out" button. Okay. Here is how Microsoft describes the change: This update starts the roll out of the new account manager on Start menu. When you sign in with a Microsoft account, the new design gives you a quick glanceable view of your account benefits and makes it easy to manage account settings. The "Lock" button also has a new home—it now sits in the power menu alongside "Shut down," "Restart," and "Sleep" options. The new "Account Manager" offers no apparent value or practicality besides making things less convenient. Subscription data and account notifications are already available on the Settings app's home page, along with various recommendations, Copilot ads, and more. And yes, build 22635.3500 has a new banner for that section as well—there is now a Game Pass "recommendation" politely suggesting that you subscribe. But if you are already a Game Pass member, it will offer you some games from the catalog. Because "discovering your next favorite game" is what people want when opening the Settings app.
  6. Barney T.

Hello!

Welcome to our cozy spot!
  7. Loved the Explorer branding. Then again, Microsoft did everything right back in those days for the most part. Their products actually made progress - both software and hardware. Unlike today, they weren't some idiotic form-over-function UX designer's perverted dream to suck out all functions and features and reduce it to a dumbed down unusable toy, that only looks different but does a lot less than its previous iteration. Back then, they took some seriously big jumps forward. Speaking of mice, a relatively new Microsoft Mouse that I love is the Bluetooth 3600 Mobile Mouse. It's available in nice blue and red colors and one of the most affordable ones to come with Bluetooth Low Energy. It came out around the time of Windows 8 (year 2012-13). Totally freed me from USB receiver hell and corded mice. It also comes with a tilt wheel so total 4 programmable buttons+1 wheel (can use XMouse Button Control to reassign its buttons)
  8. Today
  9. I had this as well. I have always been a mouse/trackball officianado. Wish I could post the picture directly. I think it was back in 92 or so when I got my first portable computer. Back then they didn’t have built in pointing devices. Bought the clip on trackball which was over $100 at the time. I worked out of two locations for my company at the time and forgot it when I left one of them and wouldn’t be back for over a week. There was no way I was spending the money on another pointing device as they were all expensive then. This turned out to be a really good thing as I learned the Windows keyboard shortcuts which has served me well to this day. Link to picture https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncollection/a/m/IMG_0335.png
  10. You're not wrong in this regard, especially with the i9's. Intel is basically doing what AMD did back in the bulldozer days; they're just throwing more power at the chips to compensate for lack of real improvements/enhancements. edit: let's just hope this mindset doesn't bleed over to the team working on the next gen ARCs.
  11. That's not what it said. Nowhere did that the processors are "degrading". The processors were pushed too far. A workaround is to underclock the processor. To me, this seems like Intel is pushing its processors to the limit to win against AMD at any cost.
  12. they were claiming the processors are degrading, some to the point they only BSOD on load, my meaning of fail is the same meaning they are using, causing a fault be it physical or processing not happening correctly.. in our case all our calculations are validated across multiple systems numerous times to ensure they are accurate, so as of no we have not had a "failure" processing wise..
  13. What do you mean by "fail"? The processor is clocked too high, causing the issue. The current workaround is to underclock the processor.
  14. Expecting everybody to do something was the mistake, not keeping the subscriptions going. When your solution is for "everybody to do something", IMO you're not really being realistic in the first place. If anything you're just setting yourself up for the lamest villain origin story.
  15. adrynalyne

Tesla Cybertruck

They might have done the right thing this time. Tesla recalls all 3,878 Cybertrucks over faulty accelerator pedal cover https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/04/tesla-recalls-all-3878-cybertrucks-over-faulty-accelerator-pedal-cover/
  16. I'm just saying we have right now 688 systems running this load and we haven't had one fail yet, and they run high heat... my big question is it the CPU or a combination of hardware that is causing the issue... like a GPU causing some kind of issue on a PCI-e lane that is hurting the processor in an odd way? in our case we aren't using GPU's at all, if it's mostly gamers seeing this I'd start to wonder more outside just the CPU alone
  17. Prank Idea #307: Create an AI 'mirror' to convince somebody that they've been "Freaky Friday'ed". Call your friend, "Hey, I woke up in your body, check your mirror and see if you woke up in mine?" Well, it would make a funny TikTok skit at least.
  18. I have big hands as well, and I'm still hunting down a good mouse that fits me. I prefer heavy mice as well.
  19. Qualcomm is teasing us with a video about some kind of Snapdragon X reveal on April 24 by John Callaham Qualcomm has already revealed some info about the upcoming Qualcomm X Elite processor that's designed for Windows 11 PCs. However, there may be more to reveal soon. The company has released a teaser video for some kind of major Snapdragon X reveal next week. On both its X (formerly Twitter) and Instagram Snapdragon accounts, Qualcomm has posted this 15-second teaser video that's clearly related to some kind of announcement concerning the Snapdragon X series. Both posts state that the reveal will happen sometime on Wednesday, April 24. 👀 Stay tuned for 4/24. pic.twitter.com/8SQ6SfZPT8 — Snapdragon (@Snapdragon) April 18, 2024 Exactly what the teaser video is referring to is still something of a mystery. Many online are speculating that these social media post may be preparing us for a release date announcement for the new Windows 11 notebooks that will have the ARM-based Snapdragon X Elite processor on board. Qualcomm has already announced back in October 2023 that the Snapdragon X Elite will be available in notebooks made by Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, HONOR, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, and Xiaomi sometime in 2024. Earlier this week, render images of an alleged Snapdragon X Elite notebook, the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 14, hit the internet. However, it's also possible that Qualcomm is teasing us about an upcoming new processor in the Snapdragon X series family. Earlier this month, more unconfirmed rumors hit the internet that Qualcomm was working on the Snapdragon X Plus, a somewhat less powerful chip compared to the Elite processor. Of course, it's also possible that neither one of these things is what Qualcomm is teasing us about with this brief but intriguing video. Thankfully, we have less than a week before we find out what the processor company has in mind. We will report on the Qualcomm Snapdragon X news on April 24.
  20. It's probably 25H2 early versions, for now, this would probably be considered Dogfood
  21. honestly, the first 7 episodes are great, but the last episode feels like other people were doing it, I had to rewind it at times because of boredom.
  22. I had this in white (cream) and silver back in the day. What a time to be alive!
  1. Load more activity