All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's not parole, then, is it? If you serve your full term you are released?
  3. Ah I am sorry, it looks like the listing has been updated to only support 2 devices now. We only ever ran Windows deals that were either 1 device or 3 devices, and the 3 device deal has been changed in the terms to 2 by StackCommerce (who manage the deals for us). I will update the article.
  4. Beware, cheaters: Malware campaign targets Call of Duty players using third-party apps by Martin Hodás It is safe to say that most players have cheated in a game at least once in their lifetime. Cheating can be innocent – you are not hurting anyone when tricking the NPCs in Grand Theft Auto by using unlimited ammo and health. In the end, those cheat codes were built into the game for a reason. It is not so innocent when you use cheating software to get an unfair competitive advantage over your opponents in multi-player modes, though. And these are the exact gamers who now might pay for their “sins”, quite literally. TechCrunch reported that Activision Blizzard is investigating a malware campaign targeting Call of Duty players using third-party apps such as cheats, according to the anonymous source with knowledge of the situation. Reportedly, the regular gamers should be safe. The details of the hacking campaign are currently unknown. The hackers are finding a way to gamers’ computers where the malware steals passwords to their online accounts – not just those related to gaming. Activision spokesperson confirmed to TechCrunch that the game developer is indeed aware of the problem “across the broader industry” linked to downloads of unauthorized software. However, it insists that the company servers were not compromised. The campaign was most likely uncovered in the cheating software community by a developer with the nickname Zeebler. He claims the hackers apparently use a well-known tactic where a downloaded software pretends to be a legitimate tool, while in reality – unknowingly to the user – it executes malicious activities in the background. The campaign is the latest reminder that you should always be aware of fraudsters online, especially if you are downloading unofficial software, even if its purpose is not to cheat on your gaming peers. As part of good “digital hygiene”, the very basic, yet key measures are to use different credentials across your online accounts – that’s where password manager comes in handy – and activate two-factor authentication where available.
  5. Today
  6. That Valorant performance chart doesn't show what they think it shows; it's not labeled correctly so it says something different. If the large blue bar is the AVERAGE FPS, then how is 1% or 0.2% performers somehow LESS than the Average FPS? Especially when the larger bars are supposed to signify performance??? OR is the chart highlighting the worst performers? Cuz I can think of ways to lower that benchmark quality to the point of irrelevance (which benchmark charts already do by their very nature)...
  7. What do you mean by "third SKU"? There would only be 2 SKUs for the Series X w/ this release, unless you are including the Series S. Really, this new variant should replace the Series S, as the biggest complaint against the Series S, is that it's underpowered. "leading to more sales" - I do not see this happening. The lack of a disc drive or option to add one later, makes the Digital only versions (X or S) a no-go for anyone that wants to play at least 1 disc game or 1 4k Blu-ray, regardless of the SKU price. Yes I'm talking about the "Series" in general. The Series S isn't going anywhere, they can't just erase it from reality and stop making games for it, it's also their best selling console. And BTW people who buy discs are a very very small minority. https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/11/physical-games-represented-just-4percent-of-sales-for-playstation-last-quarter
  8. That is your projection onto me. That is none of my business and I relate only to what I said. Ok then please explain what you mean by "political agenda or propaganda" I'm dying to know. I'm sure you wont reply because you know I'm right, you just don't want to say it out loud.
  9. SarK0Y

TAM..

rilocan is quite tested.. rather helpful feature
  10. SarK0Y

TAM..

i've run moderately huge reconstruction to add new functionality.. MAKE CONSOLE GREAT AGAIN Tip of the day: «tam.rst -rilocan "sudo standby" -sleep "10m" -now» - this command allows to standby pc, if it was accidentally waken up + time of event gets on display.. other cmds can be run in the same way. remark: "rilocan" stands for "Run it later or cancel now". https://github.com/SarK0Y/TAM_RUSTy/tree/not_tested_func
  11. Flight 4 Ship goes back to production for PreFlight work Booster comes out to play for WDR/static fire
  12. Agreed. Possibly worried about forgetting to clear all traces and evidence before it/his/her/their partner/spouse/wife/husband/whatever SEES it and their relationship is ruined. Imagine the integrity and honesty at play if one builds a relationship on THIS kind of foundation.
  13. If there's "nothing wrong" with your BritneySpears addiction and how you act on it, why on earth would you CARE if anyone sees it? In other words, you ADMIT to yourself that you're doing something wrong.
  14. A third SKU makes total sense... It's a cheaper version of the Series X... leading to more sales.... You said it yourself it's low effort, why wouldn't they have 3 SKUs? What do you mean by "third SKU"? There would only be 2 SKUs for the Series X w/ this release, unless you are including the Series S. Really, this new variant should replace the Series S, as the biggest complaint against the Series S, is that it's underpowered. "leading to more sales" - I do not see this happening. The lack of a disc drive or option to add one later, makes the Digital only versions (X or S) a no-go for anyone that wants to play at least 1 disc game or 1 4k Blu-ray, regardless of the SKU price.
  15. It is a real shame; it was a great little media device. I had quite a few versions of it over the years and it was great.
  16. How does Mark Gurman (https://twitter.com/markgurman) keep leaking stuff, YEARS before they are released?
  17. Apple sues a former employee for allegedly leaking info about the Vision Pro and more by John Callaham Leaks about upcoming and unconfirmed software and hardware products from Apple are to be expected these days. However, the company is taking a very public action against a former employee who Apple said leaked confidential info about a number of its products. MacRumors reports that earlier in March, Apple filed a lawsuit in California state court against a former employee, Andrew Aude. The lawsuit (in PDF format) claims Aude violated his company confidentiality agreement by sending info about unannounced Apple products, and other info about the business, to members of the media and other tech companies. Aude was hired by Apple in 2016, but later began leaking info about the company and its products over a five year period. The lawsuit offers several examples of Aude's alleged activity. In one case in April 2023, Apple claimed Aude contacted a Wall Street Journal reporter by phone to send them info about the company's Journal app, which was unannounced at the time. Apple also claimed that in October 2020, Aude leaked info about the still-secret Apple Vision Pro mixed reality headset to a "non-Apple employee". The Vision Pro headset would not be officially revealed by Apple until June 2023, and would go on sale in February 2024. The lawsuit claims that Apple finally learned of Aude's actions in 2023 and fired him in December. What's more interesting is that Apple claims Aude leaked info about its products because he wanted to shut them down, due to Aude's own issues with those products. Apple said it tried to resolve its issues with Aude before it filed its lawsuit, but that he was uncooperative. Apple maintains that he is still an "ongoing threat" to the company. The lawsuit says Apple wants both compensatory and punitive damages, but a specified amount has yet to be determined.
  18. iPod Touch is dead, Apple discontinued the entire iPod line in '22. I loved my various iPod Touches I owned over the years, but the product is redundant, most people who wanted an iPod already owned an iPhone and if you didn't Apple would rather you did. That's a shame. You don't need cellular connection and the added cost of the iPhone is unnecessary. The Touch product was ideal.
  1. Load more activity