All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A third SKU makes total sense... It's a cheaper version of the Series X... leading to more sales.... You said it yourself it's low effort, why wouldn't they have 3 SKUs? What do you mean by "third SKU"? There would only be 2 SKUs for the Series X w/ this release, unless you are including the Series S. Really, this new variant should replace the Series S, as the biggest complaint against the Series S, is that it's underpowered. "leading to more sales" - I do not see this happening. The lack of a disc drive or option to add one later, makes the Digital only versions (X or S) a no-go for anyone that wants to play at least 1 disc game or 1 4k Blu-ray, regardless of the SKU price.
  3. Today
  4. It is a real shame; it was a great little media device. I had quite a few versions of it over the years and it was great.
  5. How does Mark Gurman (https://twitter.com/markgurman) keep leaking stuff, YEARS before they are released?
  6. Apple sues a former employee for allegedly leaking info about the Vision Pro and more by John Callaham Leaks about upcoming and unconfirmed software and hardware products from Apple are to be expected these days. However, the company is taking a very public action against a former employee who Apple said leaked confidential info about a number of its products. MacRumors reports that earlier in March, Apple filed a lawsuit in California state court against a former employee, Andrew Aude. The lawsuit (in PDF format) claims Aude violated his company confidentiality agreement by sending info about unannounced Apple products, and other info about the business, to members of the media and other tech companies. Aude was hired by Apple in 2016, but later began leaking info about the company and its products over a five year period. The lawsuit offers several examples of Aude's alleged activity. In one case in April 2023, Apple claimed Aude contacted a Wall Street Journal reporter by phone to send them info about the company's Journal app, which was unannounced at the time. Apple also claimed that in October 2020, Aude leaked info about the still-secret Apple Vision Pro mixed reality headset to a "non-Apple employee". The Vision Pro headset would not be officially revealed by Apple until June 2023, and would go on sale in February 2024. The lawsuit claims that Apple finally learned of Aude's actions in 2023 and fired him in December. What's more interesting is that Apple claims Aude leaked info about its products because he wanted to shut them down, due to Aude's own issues with those products. Apple said it tried to resolve its issues with Aude before it filed its lawsuit, but that he was uncooperative. Apple maintains that he is still an "ongoing threat" to the company. The lawsuit says Apple wants both compensatory and punitive damages, but a specified amount has yet to be determined.
  7. iPod Touch is dead, Apple discontinued the entire iPod line in '22. I loved my various iPod Touches I owned over the years, but the product is redundant, most people who wanted an iPod already owned an iPhone and if you didn't Apple would rather you did. That's a shame. You don't need cellular connection and the added cost of the iPhone is unnecessary. The Touch product was ideal.
  8. Remote biometrics that can 'roam' devices is dangerous. You can't ever change you fingerprints, etc.
  9. iPod Touch is dead, Apple discontinued the entire iPod line in '22. I loved my various iPod Touches I owned over the years, but the product is redundant, most people who wanted an iPod already owned an iPhone and if you didn't Apple would rather you did.
  10. Ok, take in the data... 2% at Best RAM reduction is irrelevant as Windows can Page this RAM out automatically. It can drop RAM footprint to under 1GB normally. For ESports, this might be useful, as it might eliminate spikes. However, background tasks already suspend when gaming or under load. The other 'lite' Windows Installs have literally 0% benefit, even the 2% is questionable, but I'll take their word. The Problem - Users install these Broken versions of Windows, and then wonder why something is not working or crashing or performing badly. There are features you can disable in Windows that just forces things to use a slower path, like disabling decoding acceleration. (One complaint I have had in the past with third party players that install non-accelerated codecs and take over accelerated codecs.) 99.999999% of users should avoid these 'lite' versions. Windows manages threads and RAM just fine, and the only 'savings' these offer is a bit less HD space used, which also breaks drivers and updates.
  11. Halo development studio Certain Affinity conducts its first layoffs in its 17 year history by John Callaham Unfortunately, the trend of mass layoffs in the game industry in the first few months of 2024 keeps happening. Today, Austin, Texas-based developer Certain Affinity, which has helped to create content for many games in the Halo and Call of Duty series, among others, revealed it has cut 25 jobs. The company's official website stated that it has over 250 team members, which means these cuts cover about 10 percent of its workforce. In an honest and sobering message on its site, Certain Affinity's CEO Max Hoberman stated most of the people who were affected were part of the studio's business operations. He added that this was the first time the studio had laid off team members in its long 17 year history. Hoberman said that the main reason for these layoffs is, to no one's surprise, the current economic state of the game industry. He said: Most significant is an industry-wide slow down in the funding of new lead and co-development projects and the reluctance of third party investors to fund games or game companies. This has made it exceptionally difficult to sign new work or secure other forms of funding. This sounds a lot like what Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer stated in an interview posted earlier this week. Spencer said that at the moment, the game industry is just not growing in terms of adding new gamers. Certain Affinity does have at least a couple of projects in the works. One is that it is co-developing Exodus, an upcoming original sci-fi action RPG with Archetype Entertainment, another Austin-based developer. In addition, Certain Affinity has been working on an original first-person shooter game with the code name Project Loro. In January, rumors hit the internet that a battle royale game set in the Halo universe, which was reportedly being created by Certain Affinity, had been canceled by Microsoft. Neither Microsoft nor Certain Affinity have confirmed this rumor.
  12. Great, remove WordPad and shove its features to Notepad one by one + Copilot, of course.
  13. ryansurfer98

Politically funny images of the World

I've been working on my own custom neural net face-to-face transfer model.
  14. Agree that China is a rising power. I'm not so sure the US would/will do anything about it. A lot of us don't want anything to do with any war - Ukraine, Israel or any others. I'll ask this. Is China invading Taiwan considered development or something else?
  15. >could be free in 13 years. No. This is a federal prison sentence, not a state one (where I believe the person quoted talking to the BBC is making an error). From https://www.washingtonpost.com...-sentence-fraud-ftx-crypto/ >Under federal rules, Bankman-Fried probably will serve more than 21 years in prison before he can be eligible for release. Kaplan said he should serve his sentence in a low- or medium-security institution near his parents’ home in the San Francisco Bay Area.
  16. They were rubbish when I was coding on them as a 10 Yr old. Still have a few at the parents house but the nostalgia is not the keyboard.
  17. The last time they had the 3 device sale I got it for some family members and the keys worked perfectly. Its a great deal.
  18. I think the system has clearly shown that if you gonna scam, scam big because you can fein ignorance and malice in court and get away with pretty lenient sentences. At least the payoff would be huge if you succeed, bonus if you can collude with existing system by donating left and right
  19. It's 100% allowed because it doesn't do anything illegal. It goes in the same way as any other Windows 11 tweaking programs to Windows 11 is all legal to use, because they don't do anything illegal. They simply just tweak / change things. The 'Atlas' tool just removes useless / not needed programs, some not important stock Windows apps and stops / removes services and adjust parameters / settings with Windows 11 and so on that you already can do in Windows 11. The only difference is that this tool does it in some few clicks. But when that's said, I would rather use 'ReviOS' over 'AtlasOS' as 'ReviOS' removes / stops more services and uses less RAM and storage space while still being 100% functional. Here you have the info about it: https://revi.cc
  20. I would argue that you are conflating two ideas. Crunch culture is forcing your team to work over their hours when it gets close to a deadline, in order to ship the product according to management's timeline. Asking people to come back into the workplace rather than working from home is a completely different matter that has nothing to do with deadlines. It's management's way of being able to keep better tabs on their workforce. Again, I don't agree with either idea but there is a difference. The former is poor management, the latter is middle management thinking that they're losing their role in the company and trying to hold on to their job. I would strongly disagree. First comes the office mandates then comes mandatory OT.
  21. You might want to do some research next time. https://www.anandtech.com/show...hip-with-2400-mts-232l-nand https://www.anandtech.com/show...g-980-pro-pcie-4-ssd-review Looks like they more than doubled IOPS to me in the above links. Thats random, not sequential.
  22. Via the article link provided today for the Windows 11 Pro (3 Device) it is linking to a different sales item. https://www.neowin.net/deals/price-drop-microsoft-windows-11-professional-3-devices-for-only-2997/ The article indicates that the price with $29.97 - But the links takes you directly to a item listed at $24.97 - When reviewing the details it indicates via the Specs section it is only for "Max number of device(s): 2 (Use one activation key for up to 2 devices)" This is the address link that s individual is redirected to when clicking on the 3 devices deal https://deals.neowin.net/sales/microsoft-windows-11-pro?utm_source=neowin.net&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=microsoft-windows-11-pro_032824&utm_term=scsf-593557&utm_content=a0xRn000000iqcUIAQ&scsonar=1 I'm very interested in the 3 Device deal - hope the site or addressing is updated to the properly reflect the mentioned deal. Thank you.
  23. Oh, he's sorry, so I guess all is OK. And poor little scammer, he has suffered from "mental health issues", unlike the people he scammed who are now enjoying from a perfect mental health. What a bunch of bulls**t. Piece of s**t.
  1. Load more activity