All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sounds good, Doesn't work!
  3. Microsoft Exchange gets its own Fluent Design icon by João Carrasqueira It's been a few months since Microsoft first showed off the new Office icons to the public, along with the promise that they were part of a new design language across all of the company's products. Since then, icons have slowly made their way to more of the Office apps, places such as Your Phone, and even the upcoming Windows Terminal app. We're still keeping track of Microsoft's progress though, and recently, the company introduced a new look for Exchange, the e-mail client for businesses. The new logo retains the most identifiable elements of the previous one, including the E on the front, and the X-shaped pattern serving as the background. It also retains the blue color that's seen across many Microsoft products. Hello world! We've had a bit of a makeover, let us know what you think? pic.twitter.com/lO5kOzDTER — Microsoft Exchange (@MSFTExchange) July 15, 2019 Microsoft has been rolling out these new icons at a reasonably steady pace, but in the meantime, some users might be upset about the inconsistencies in design across the company's products. One particular case is that of Skype. Its new icon was among the first to be revealed back in November, but it has yet to make its way to users. Microsoft used it briefly with Skype Insiders on most platforms but quickly backtracked for no apparent reason.
  4. How does that prove that it's not a safe car? Your list from Reddit doesn't distinguish between actual auto-pilot/car faults, or drivers just being stupid. It's not reasonable to demand that it's 100% fool-proof, but you can't possibly deny that those vehicles are massively safer than human controlled cars. How many crashes are there per day in the US? Tens of thousands... How many deaths per day? Over 100... Not sure what you're trying to prove... Having someone basically being able to fall asleep on autopilot should constitute an immediate sales ban in my opinion, until the feature is removed or tweaked to where a drivers hands need to be on the wheel to remain engaged, or better yet detects the driver is sleeping and pulls off the road.. Fully autonomous cars have to get state approval before even hitting their roads, and here we have people thinking they can just flip on auto pilot and take a nap. Fully autonomous cars have also shown that they're not ready for primetime. Tesla is reckless and toying with peoples lives in lieu of them being beta testers. The even more ridiculous thing is that not only can autopliot injure or damage the drivers car, they're putting other drivers, pedestrians at risk as well. There have also been fatal accidents where autopilot appears to have been engaged: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43604440 https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tesla+driver+sleeping I can also load up vids of auto pilot flaking out or failing to take proper action. Telsa safety ratings might show good crash test results in terms of structural safety, but no, they are not safe cars when people can be idiots without any checkpoints to ensure these tech features are disabled when the driver isn't paying attention.
  5. ^ Idiotic post of the day award. Not really, either they are a threat to national security or not. If they are then he's right, if they aren't or weren't then what was the point of all of this. Considering the allegations they were throwing against Huawei, nothing they have done so far, as least publicly, has been a fundamental change. Trump is a threat, maybe he should be banned from twitter. And cut their traffic in half? Not gonna happen. At this point, I'd be skeptical if Trump has stock in Twitter. LOL, i do not use twitter, i did years ago, but I found it useless. I can not stand seeing Tumps face and hearing his voice, so I certainly not want to read the crap he writes on Twitter. I feel sorry for people in the U.S who have to cope with him more than we do in the UK. You leave the EU yet? No, because our government is useless and now we will have to cope with Boris, Trumps brother i think Still, maybe BJ will have more guts and get it done as quickly as possible don't worry, your prophet sadiq khan will save you n huawei wow, now i can understand how the U.S voted for Trump, it seems like the whole country is racist, coming out with stuff like that. Strange really, since most of the people in the U.S are descended from immigrants who killed off most of the locals. Sadiq Khan is over 140 miles away from me, he is also in the Labour party and the chance of them getting in power is pretty slim.
  6. More dumb limitations. There's zero reason you shouldn't be able to bring every unlocked device that supports the Verizon LTE bands.
  7. Xfinity Mobile's BYOD program now includes recent Samsung phones by Jay Bonggolto Xfinity Mobile's BYOD (bring-your-own-device) program used to support only unlocked iPhones since Comcast announced that option in January of last year. Today, the wireless service expanded the program to include more recent Samsung phones. The list of supported devices is not comprehensive at the moment, though, and only Samsung handsets released over the past two years are on board. That means you can bring only your Galaxy S8 series, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9 range, or Galaxy Note9 to the program. Those are on top of your unlocked iPhone device, of course. Comcast promises to roll out support for other Android phones in the future, as noted by Engadget. The company is also offering a deal for those who will make the early switch before August 4: $100 worth of prepaid card. Activation and access for unlocked Samsung devices are free, nevertheless. Of course, the program requires a post-pay Xfinity Internet subscription. Comcast adds that area availability of the service is limited.
  8. Save 96% off the Complete Become A Product Manager Certification Bundle by Steven Parker Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time you can save 96% off the Complete Become A Product Manager Certification Bundle. From coding to productivity to effectively managing teams and projects, this 12-course bundle is your ticket up the career ladder. What's the deal? This bundle contains the following courses: Leading Effective 1-on-1 Meetings How to Structure & Lead Effective 1-on-1 Meetings to Boost Results & Benefit Your Job & Career Skillsets to Shift Your Career to Product Management Develop the Skills You Need to Break Into a Lucrative Product Management Career The Complete MySQL Bootcamp Use The World's Most Popular Open-Source SQL Database to Solve Your Data Problems Advanced Product Management Learn the Skills Product Managers Use Every Day Advanced Product Management #2 Master Communication, People Management, & Leadership Project Management Fundamentals Learn How to Effectively Analyze, Plan, Execute, & Manage Projects Lean Management Reduce Waste & Boost Efficiency The Non-Technical Person's Guide To Building Apps Business-Savvy But Tech-Illiterate? That Won't Be a Problem after This Course Become a Product Manager Discover the Job Analysts Are Calling a "Mini-CEO" & How to Make It Yours Mastering Collaboration Learn How to Assemble, Lead, & Organize Collaborative Teams & Create a Thriving Culture of Business Collaboration Applying Design To Wireframes with HTML5 & CSS3 Turn Your Wireframes Into Beautiful Web Designs Google Analytics Certification Net More Job Offers with a Data-Driven Bargaining Chip Good to know Length of time users can access courses: Lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For full details, terms, and instructor info for the above courses, click here. What's the benefit? This Complete Become A Product Manager Certification Bundle normally costs $2,032, but you can pick it up for just $39 for a limited time, that's a saving of 98% ($1,993) off the normal price! >> Learn more or Purchase now << See all discounted Online Courses on offer. This is a time-limited deal. Save even more! Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts. Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you? If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here. On the Neowin Deals website enter our giveaway to be in the draw to win an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil & Smart Keyboard! #giveaway #Apple #ipadpro https://t.co/8Oofwfq9OV pic.twitter.com/clAeX2VSxw — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) June 20, 2019 Miscellany and the fine print! In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase. Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software. How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerce's own determination of retail pricing.
  9. Trump would only use a different service, keep him there in one place, where we know where he is. Saying that i would love Twitter to ban him, that would be so funny. He would move to Gab or Minds, where Blue Checkmarks would have no power.
  10. Got it on both of mine and have for a very long time. Not me still isn't. I’ve had it for at least two years on one of mine. Another for a year. I use Apple TV now because it is much faster than Android TV but yeah, checked today and it’s still there. Got it from the Play Store on both of them. I thought about getting the Apple Tv. I am not impressed with the Android TV devices at all. Very slow and glitchy. HBO Go had no sound and now it doesn't play at all just gives an error. Was this a true AndroidTV device, or a knockoff with a version of android and custom interface? If the price doesn't scare you, try the nVidia shield, if you want cheaper, try the Xiaomi Mi Box I’ve mentioned several times in this thread that they are Sony AndroidTV devices, nothing custom and not a top box I have a Sony AndroidTV and I'm really happy with it (also, I didn't read every post in this thread, just this one for whatever reason) They were fine when I first got them but as updates came in, they started suffering for it. It’s probably more Sony’s fault than anyone else.
  11. My office VPN (F5) changes route 0.0.0.0 so that all traffic goes through it. I want to change it to default gateway and add only specific VPN routes. When I do route DELETE 0.0.0.0 route ADD 0.0.0.0 MASK 0.0.0.0 192.168.201.20 METRIC 1 IF 10 I see that route table is updated but any DNS request fails. Routes before (IP is changed for security reasons): Active Routes: Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 On-link 1.2.3.4 1 Routes after: Active Routes: Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.201.20 192.168.201.238 11 I tried flushing DNS. Still no results. What would you recommend? OS: Win7.
  12. I gotta chime in too, I've had prime video on my Sony AndroidTV since I had it around 3 years ago now. I do agree that you've been unable to chrome-cast prime the entire time though, this is new.
  13. Got it on both of mine and have for a very long time. Not me still isn't. I’ve had it for at least two years on one of mine. Another for a year. I use Apple TV now because it is much faster than Android TV but yeah, checked today and it’s still there. Got it from the Play Store on both of them. I thought about getting the Apple Tv. I am not impressed with the Android TV devices at all. Very slow and glitchy. HBO Go had no sound and now it doesn't play at all just gives an error. Was this a true AndroidTV device, or a knockoff with a version of android and custom interface? If the price doesn't scare you, try the nVidia shield, if you want cheaper, try the Xiaomi Mi Box I’ve mentioned several times in this thread that they are Sony AndroidTV devices, nothing custom and not a top box :) I have a Sony AndroidTV and I'm really happy with it (also, I didn't read every post in this thread, just this one for whatever reason)
  14. A lot of people gave up their Blackberry's because they had no choice. Their phones were garbage where even having a physical keyboard wasn't enough to save them. A physical keyboard is the best! I could type on my phone without looking at it! Physical keyboards FTW!!! Were? Still are apparently. Watched JerryRigEverything demonstrate one of the newer Blackberry phones missing adhesive for the screen to the back panel, meaning it will fall apart much more easily. Don't know if they'll ever get their business together at this rate...
  15. Today
  16. Got it on both of mine and have for a very long time. Not me still isn't. I’ve had it for at least two years on one of mine. Another for a year. I use Apple TV now because it is much faster than Android TV but yeah, checked today and it’s still there. Got it from the Play Store on both of them. I thought about getting the Apple Tv. I am not impressed with the Android TV devices at all. Very slow and glitchy. HBO Go had no sound and now it doesn't play at all just gives an error. Was this a true AndroidTV device, or a knockoff with a version of android and custom interface? If the price doesn't scare you, try the nVidia shield, if you want cheaper, try the Xiaomi Mi Box I’ve mentioned several times in this thread that they are Sony AndroidTV devices, nothing custom and not a top box :)
  17. I consider the non-LTS release similar to the release cycles of Fedora... just not as bleeding edge. You're basically a beta tester to the eventual next LTS release, it's just not openly stated. About what I thought of these releases too. That being a beta tester. Thanks
  18. Got it on both of mine and have for a very long time. Not me still isn't. I’ve had it for at least two years on one of mine. Another for a year. I use Apple TV now because it is much faster than Android TV but yeah, checked today and it’s still there. Got it from the Play Store on both of them. I thought about getting the Apple Tv. I am not impressed with the Android TV devices at all. Very slow and glitchy. HBO Go had no sound and now it doesn't play at all just gives an error. Was this a true AndroidTV device, or a knockoff with a version of android and custom interface? If the price doesn't scare you, try the nVidia shield, if you want cheaper, try the Xiaomi Mi Box
  19. it seems your public education lessons are still not giving results. Journalist here are either stubborn, or the chief prohibits them mention the original source. So readers spend the time here rather than on that shtty windows corporate blog. Nope. Journalists here make the mistake of not referencing their sources, too often. I think it is an honest mistake, that they don't care about making, time and time again. Also, the Windows blog itself is the source of this valuable information, so I don't think bad of it, at least in that regards. Finally, I'm not sure why you felt the need to personally attack me, but I certainly hope you find peace. Thanks. You totally misunderstood me. I am appreciating your continuous effort to post the original source URLs at the comment sections for nearly all such articles. Keep up the good work, if the article writers here are too lazy to do the job themselves.
  20. It's aimed at the people who want to try the latest software. Years ago, the situation used to be: LTS were supported for three years, and non-LTS for 18 months. Now LTS are supported for five years and non-LTS for 9 months. For most people, I'd just recommend sticking with LTS as most software vendors target this release anyway.
  21. Ok, if someone wants the old look back - use Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox with User Agent Switcher plugin set to IE11. Works now, don't know how long.
  22. kalkal

AMD Freesync

Oh, no one else has mentioned a crucial thing as well, the Freesync range of the monitors. let's say the monitor can do a max of 60fps but the range is 40-60fps. This won't help if your FPS reguarly drops lower than 40fps so this is probably the most important stat to look at if you're buying for the Freesync feature first.
  23. kalkal

AMD Freesync

Freesync was developed by AMD, so saying an AMD Freesync monitor doesn't necessarily imply an AMD monitor
  24. trag3dy

AMD Freesync

To answer the OP's question, I don't have a freesync monitor but I do have one that has g-sync and if freesync works in any way similar then yes, it is definitely worth paying a little a extra for. But as @LaP point out, if you have an nvidia card you should check for compatibility with freesync.
  25. it seems your public education lessons are still not giving results. Journalist here are either stubborn, or the chief prohibits them mention the original source. So readers spend the time here rather than on that shtty windows corporate blog. Nope. Journalists here make the mistake of not referencing their sources, too often. I think it is an honest mistake, that they don't care about making, time and time again. Also, the Windows blog itself is the source of this valuable information, so I don't think bad of it, at least in that regards. Finally, I'm not sure why you felt the need to personally attack me, but I certainly hope you find peace. Thanks.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?