All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. "Trump declared a national emergency preventing foreign countries from any future imports". Trump is a national emergency, no I will go as far as saying he is a international emergency, there is something wrong with that bloke and he should be locked up. I can not believe that the U.s voted for him, just shows that what i thought about American people was wrong. I agree Trump isn't great etc, but this BS trade issue with China had to happen. The fact someone finally decided to do it is just down to timing. It could have been someone else as Pres. You guys need to look more into the BS China pulls on trade and see that this isn't so much a Trump being crazy/dumb thing. Trump don't like it because china can produce better technology at a cheaper price. a mate of mine has a Xiaomi, i have no idea what model, I do know it was cheap when he got it a couple of years ago or so, but was difficult to get int he UK. the specs for the price was amazing, even had a 1x optical zoom, be surprised how much difference that makes. My Huawei p10 lite is a great phone and offers much better value than anything else on the market at the price, apart from maybe a Xiaomi.
  3. Windows 10's Your Phone app can now view and send MMS messages by João Carrasqueira Over the weekend, Microsoft updated the Your Phone Companion app on Android, which lifted the requirement to be connected to Wi-Fi to sync data from your phone to your computer. This means that you can use mobile data to sync your phone. The update also included a new icon for the app. Now, Microsoft is making updates on the PC side of things, adding the ability to send and view MMS messages in the Your Phone app for Windows 10, in the same way you would see SMS. Media in those messages can also be easily copied and pasted on your PC, which might make it much more convenient to use those images. The news was shared by Microsoft's Roberto Bojorquez on Twitter: #WindowsInsiders with #Android phones guess what? With v1.19051.545 we started rolling out MMS support. You now can send and receive messages containing images and GIFs from #YourPhone app! (Just in time for those GOT memes 😁) Note: Requires OS 18362.113+(19H1) Or 18885+ (20H1). pic.twitter.com/Ybxen8f7T5 — Roberto Bojorquez [Microsoft] (@bojorchess) May 21, 2019 In addition to the new feature, the Your Phone app now has a new icon that matches the new design of the companion app on Android devices. Along with OneNote, this is one of the few pre-installed Windows 10 apps that already has Fluent Design iconography, and it should be a matter of time until it becomes more widespread. If you're a Windows Insider, you should be able to get the latest update as long as you're on build 18362.113 or higher in the Slow and Release Preview rings, or 18885 or higher if you're in the Fast ring. It's rolling out gradually, though, so don't be surprised if you don't see it right away.
  4. Security updates - yes Version upgrades while keeping Play Services - no Version upgrades while losing Play Services - yes
  5. LOOOOL of course you have to spend at least $2400 to buy the new device with a fixed keyboard, like when it fixed the iphone 4 antenna problem in the 4s, or 6 bend problem in the 6s, or the ipad 3 (?) charging problem in the ipad 4 (?)...
  6. Of course they can (that is how it works in China), but most people outside of China will want at least Youtube
  7. "Trump declared a national emergency preventing foreign countries from any future imports". Trump is a national emergency, no I will go as far as saying he is a international emergency, there is something wrong with that bloke and he should be locked up. I can not believe that the U.s voted for him, just shows that what i thought about American people was wrong. Don't blame all of us. Don't forget he lost the popular vote, over half the country voted against him and his approval rating has been abysmal for his entire presidency. Your voting system is as bad as ours, with the first past the post, time ours in the Uk was changed. you say his approval rating has been abysmal for his entire presidency, we will see if he gets in the next time. To be honest i am shocked no one have taken a pot shot at him.
  8. Grid 1 and 2 were very, very casual. Not sure about Autosport, haven't played that.
  9. Which can be used to download ISO. It downloads the esd and builds an iso. My way gets you the original iso which will match official checksums. Not a big deal for some, but I like having the official iso.
  10. it's just another media player now; the online services are what was shutdown So may as well use windows media player, better software anyway. Not for touchscreens. i don't have a touchscreen running windows and I can not see myself ever doing so. Ok, i will reword what I said, , windows media player is a better software for me.
  11. I have already got rid of the apps i don't want, but it is good that Ms have made it easier to remove more. now they need to make it possible to remove cortana and telemetry, but i doubt that will ever happen. There is nothing in the update i need, want or that bothered about, I will wait until i can be bothered to update or it comes a time when windows force me, which ever is sooner. Major updates are delayed on this machine for 12 months anyway.
  12. it's just another media player now; the online services are what was shutdown So may as well use windows media player, better software anyway. Not for touchscreens.
  13. Morisato

German firm Infineon suspends shipments to Huawei

Under the Trump administration, promises undone for the previous administration, wars to potential wars on 3-4 fronts (China, Iran, Venezuela, EU) in which 2 of them have no proven evidence to convince allies otherwise. Makes US seem desperate and that their empire is withering (soft power wise).
  14. it's just another media player now; the online services are what was shutdown So may as well use windows media player, better software anyway.
  15. Apple refreshes its MacBook Pro with ninth-gen processors by Rich Woods Today, Apple announced that it's refreshing its MacBook Pro PCs, with the biggest update coming to the 15-inch model. The 15-inch MacBook Pro comes with ninth-generation Intel Core H-series processors, and it still goes up to a Core i9. Since the new 45W chips are octa-core, that makes it Apple's first octa-core Mac laptop. “Whether it’s college students mastering a course of study, developers building world-class apps or video editors creating feature films, we’re constantly amazed at what our customers do with their MacBook Pro,” said Tom Boger, Apple’s senior director of Mac Product Marketing. “Now with 8-core processors for an incredible performance boost, along with its stunning Retina display, fast storage, all-day battery life and running macOS, MacBook Pro continues to be the world’s best pro notebook and we can’t wait to get it into our customer’s hands to see what they do next.” The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is still packing eighth-gen processors, although that's because Intel's next-generation U-series chips aren't out yet. Apple says that the new CPUs are faster though, still including Iris Plus graphics. Other than that, the new laptops are pretty much the same as they were. They offer Retina displays with 500 nits of brightness, Touch ID, stereo speakers, a large Force Touch trackpad, and Thunderbolt 3 ports. Apple also boasted "blazing fast" SSD storage, and an Apple T2 Security Chip for better security. Starting at $1,799 and $2,399 for the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and the 15-inch MacBook Pro, respectively, they're available today. The non-Touch Bar model is still using seventh-gen chips, and did not receive an upgrade.
  16. Installed on my test system, so far (fingers crossed) working rather nicely. The new anti tamper thing will probably annoy some. Various apps and games I threw at it seem to be working perfectly. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, see who gets bricked this time.... On my stuff tho, looks like a winner for my Winders systems.
  17. all i have is cumulative update 1809. after that, clicking check finds nothing. BS updating from the update tool here as others have said works https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
  18. The Forrester Wave: Low-Code Development for AD&D Professionals - Free Report by Steven Parker Claim your complimentary eBook for free today, before the offer expires. What's it about? Enterprises are adopting low-code to keep pace with new app requirements. But how do you know which one is right for your organization? In The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Professionals, Q1 2019, Forrester evaluated the 13 top low-code platforms. Download the report and discover which vendor: Has the highest score for current offering Sets the pace in feature breadth Pushes the boundaries of low-code How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last! >> Low-Code Development for AD&D Professionals, Q1 2019 - Free Report << Offered by OutSystems, Inc. , view other free resources. Limited time offer. Not for you? That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner: Get a discounted Private Internet Access VPN subscription plan via Neowin #PIA #VPN #PrivateInternetAccess https://t.co/R16yqXJuGQ pic.twitter.com/QrdBEMRgWE — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) May 13, 2019 How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.
  19. PGHammer

Honor announces its new 20 and 20 Pro flagships

Yep of course. I've been toying with getting a 3a, but the lack (or limited amount) of on board storage would kill me. 128GB is a min for my needs. Yea the on board storage is the problem with me too. I just wish they would allow a sd card like Huawei does. They do - the SD card slot on the 3a (and 3a XL) is above the SIM card slot. (You are thinking of the onboard RAM - which is less than that of typical flagships.) Take a look at the unboxings on YouTube - this is gone into. The SD card *capacity* is also less than that of typical flagships.
  20. If you want the ISO go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-u...ware-download/windows10ISO/ on a mac, phone or linux system. If you go there with Windows 7-10 you'll only get the Media Creation Tool.
  21. PGHammer

Xenon - the sudden temporary relaxation is doubtless meant to give said 3a competition. I refuse to bite - I am interested in the 3a/XL for reasons that have diddly to do with Honor (or Huawei for that matter) - they even don't have anything to do with the Pixel 3a's camera (except for Mom, for whom I am buying one). Still,with Google in that space, the midrange is suddenly relevant.
  22. Microsoft Launcher 5.5 now available to beta testers with adaptive icons and more by João Carrasqueira Microsoft keeps making improvements to its Launcher for Android, and today, beta testers are getting the chance to try version 5.5 with a few new features and improvements. The latest release also includes the slightly redesigned icon we reported on a few days ago. The biggest changes in this version include the ability to choose a shape for your icons, which the launcher will apply to everything in your app list, as well as the ability to hide your app dock. Hiding it means it won't be visible on the screen unless you swipe up to open it. Here's the full changelog from Microsoft: Adaptive Icons- Have the same look for your app icons with multiple shape choices. Hidden Dock- The hidden dock is back. You can set the dock to be hidden and still access your apps and widgets. Tasks card syncing is now faster for MSA and work/school accounts. Experience adjustments for accessing shortcuts when the home screen is locked. Get notification badges for calling and messaging apps without setting Microsoft Launcher as your default assistant. For more accurate badges, set Launcher as your default assistant. Beyond what's mentioned in the changelog, Microsoft seems to have made noticeable changes to the iconography of the app, including the quick actions available in the dock, or the voice command button in the search bar. While this is new on our test device, Microsoft did test some UI changes in version 5.4, but they were limited in availability, so it could just be that this change is more broadly available. If you haven't yet, you can download Microsoft Launcher for Android from the Play Store, where you can also sign up for the beta version to get updates like this a little sooner. Otherwise, the new release should make its way to the general public sometime soon.
  23. PGHammer

I get the interest - this subline competes with the Pixel 3a in the suddenly-relevant midrange sector in the United States - I actually think that the temporary reinstatement of the Android license plays right into this. Suddenly - with Google itself now in the space, the midrange is relevant to darn near everybody again.
  24. Today
  25. Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 17763.529 with a bunch of fixes by Rich Woods Last week was Patch Tuesday, the day that Microsoft released updates for all supported versions of Windows. And despite releasing the Windows 10 May 2019 Update today, the firm also offered a new cumulative update to those that are still on he previous latest version of the OS, the October 2018 Update, or version 1809. Those on Windows 10 version 1809 will receive KB4497934, which brings the build number to 17763.529. You can manually download it here, and it contains the following fixes: Allows users to go back to a host browser from a Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) container. Addresses an issue with looping redirects between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. Updates wininet.dll to prevent the re-creation of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) control sessions. Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to hide annotations added to a PDF file, such as inked notes, highlights, and comments. Addresses an issue that removes UserRights policies from all users in a security group when you remove a device from a mobile device management (MDM) server or Microsoft Intune deletes a UserRights policy. Addresses an issue that disconnects a remote desktop session when you lock the session using a third-party credential provider. Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft Office and other applications to prompt for a password after you change a user account password. This issue occurs on hybrid Azure Active Directory (AD) joined systems. Addresses an issue that prevents ActiveX controls from automatically installing through a proxy server. Addresses an issue that prevents you from signing in to a Microsoft Surface Hub device with an Azure Active Directory account. This issue occurs because the previous sign-out did not complete successfully. Addresses an issue that causes a sign-in to fail with the error, “Incorrect Username or password” when using an empty or null password and Windows Defender Credential Guard is enabled. Addresses an issue that may cause a temporary KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED Kerberos sign-in failure in applications and services configured to use a Group Managed Service Account (GMSA). This issue occurs after the automatic update of the service account password. Addresses an issue that may prevent BitLocker from encrypting data drives when the "Enforce drive encryption on fixed data drives" Group Policy is configured. Addresses an issue that prevents updates from downloading from a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server when a Windows Defender Application Control policy is set to manage which updates can be deployed. Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name. Addresses an issue that fails to record a local user’s last logon time even when the user has accessed the server’s network share. Addresses an issue that prevents NumLock from working properly in a Remote Assistance session when the Remote Assistance window gains and loses focus. Updates time zone information for Morocco. Updates time zone information for the Palestinian Authority. Addresses an issue with the International Components for Unicode (ICU) data, which were not updated for the time zone and the new Japanese Era. Addresses an issue with the "Allow uninstallation of language features when a language is uninstalled." Group Policy. Addresses an issue in which a File Share Witness does not remove Server Message Block (SMB) handles, which causes a server to eventually stop accepting SMB connections. Addresses an issue in which Windows attempts to renew Azure Active Directory (AAD) token certificates when there is no internet connectivity. This issue occurs during AAD authentication and slows the performance of applications. Addresses an issue with scrollLeft in Internet Explorer. Addresses an issue that causes rendering to stop working for svg elements Addresses an issue with Assigned Access deployments (formerly Kiosk Mode) that prevents a user from logging on to an Assigned Access profile. This affects all locales and occurs when the local administrator’s group is not named using the English spelling of “Administrators”. In the Event Viewer, event 31000 shows the source as “Microsoft-Windows-AssignedAccess/Admin” and displays the error message, “The group used to assign the application can’t be found.” There are also some known issues to be aware of: Symptom Workaround After installing this update, there may be issues using the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image. This issue does not affect clients or devices that are not using Variable Window Extension. To mitigate the issue, disable the Variable Window Extension on WDS server using one of the following options: Option 1: Open an Administrator Command prompt and type the following: Wdsutil /Set-TransportServer /EnableTftpVariableWindowExtension:No Option 2: Use the Windows Deployment Services UI. Open Windows Deployment Services from Windows Administrative Tools. Expand Servers and right-click a WDS server. Open its properties and clear the Enable Variable Window Extension box on the TFTP tab. Option 3: Set the following registry value to 0: “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ WDSServer\Providers\WDSTFTP\ EnableVariableWindowExtension”. Restart the WDSServer service after disabling the Variable Window Extension. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege. Do one of the following: Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege. Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. When attempting to print from Microsoft Edge or other Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications, you may receive the error, "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x80070007e." You can use another browser, such as Internet Explorer to print your documents. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, "0x800f0982 - PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND." Uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 10. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. For instructions, see Update Windows 10. Note If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows: Go to the Settings app > Recovery. Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option. Select Keep my Files. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. As always, you can also download today's update through Windows Update. Due to the change in how feature updates are delivered for "seekers", you'll no longer have to worry about checking for updates and having a feature update automatically install.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?