All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. And why are you here? Go install Linux! Now go outside, breath in some non basement air and try to enjoy the existence you call life.
  3. Today
  4. Microsoft Edge gets fixes for zero-day vulnerabilities exploited in the wild by Taras Buria Microsoft recently re-released Edge 123 in the Stable Channel. The company pulled the update earlier to resolve compatibility issues with certain enterprise configurations. Now, the update is back with the necessary fix and four zero-day vulnerability fixes that, according to Microsoft, are exploited in the wild. Here is the official changelog: Version 123.0.2420.65 Fixed various bugs and performance issues, includes security fixes, and improves reliability: Fixed a browser crash that occurred when the UserDataDir policy is used to specify a path on a network share. Note that using a network share location for the user data directory is generally unsupported. Microsoft has a fix for CVE-2024-2883 to Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 123.0.2420.65) and Extended Stable Channel (Version 122.0.2365.113), which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. Security patches are available in version 123 in the Stable Channel and version 122 in the Extended Stable Channel. Patched vulnerabilities include CVE-2024-2887 "Type Confusion in WebAssembly," CVE-2024-2886 "Use after free in WebCodecs," CVE-2024-2885 "Use after free in Dawn," and CVE-2024-2883 "Use after free in ANGLE." You can update Microsoft Edge by heading to edge://settings/help. Since the patched vulnerabilities are actively exploited, everyone better hurry up and get to version 123.0.2420.65. An offline installer can be found on the official website. The update will also install an 8KB "Microsoft Copilot" app, which, according to Microsoft, is related to the upcoming Copilot features. They will let you ask Copilot to tweak settings, get device info, launch accessibility features, and more. Those features are currently available only to Windows Insiders with preview builds, and why Microsoft released that small app to users in the Stable Channel remains unknown. More information about the latest Microsoft Edge update is available here. Security notes have a separate page in the official documentation.
  5. Ixion

Speed test your connection

The old Router was obviously CPU limited and restricting the internet speed slightly, the new one obviously doesn't suffer the same thing!
  6. I'm sorry but you cannot be more wrong. They've been doing this for quite some time, they are open in what they do, their github page has the source code for every change, they also have a community on Discord where they gather feedback and also help people for free if they have issues. If you want to bash a project, at least invest some time digging about it. I've been using it for a year now and updated windows 3 times while applying the last version and everything has been great. Besides, they do not provide any ISO image, this is installed after you install Windows from an official installation and it's done with a well known tool called Ameliorated https://ameliorated.io/ They also check every release for authenticity, meaning, no one can alter the official Atlas modifications with comes with a checksum, otherwise when you try to import the settings to Ameliorate it will say it's not legitimate and won't allow you to proceed. This is a great effort from the community as a whole to come up with better, more streamline and light versions of windows. What you say really doesn't make sense. You are putting trust near blind trust into these people.
  7. Please MS don't keep bloating up notepad and make it slow and unresponsive. Is like old quick to open and snappy windows photo viewer vs the slow garbage that is the photos app.
  8. Dragon's Dogma 2 update adds 'start new game' option, DLSS improvements, and more by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe Capcom has just pushed out its first update for Dragon's Dogma 2, its newly released fantasy RPG. While not a content update, today's patch delivers the initial changes the developer announced it was working on last week. It contains a highly requested feature by the community regarding saves, more graphics options on consoles, DLSS improvements, and more. One of the biggest changes players will see after applying the update is an option to start a new game while an existing save file exists, allowing easy campaign restarts. This doesn't mean more save slots are available, however. Moreover, purchasing a home option will now be made available to players earlier in the campaign. This is probably affecting the "A Place to Call Home" quest that kicks off in Vernworth, the first major settlement players come across. Console players will also now have more control over their graphics options. They can turn off settings like Ray Tracing and Motion Blur and even lock the frame rate, though Capcom says they should not expect significant frame rate improvements by tweaking these and that it is working on optimization updates for the future. Here are the full patch notes: [PlayStation®5 / Steam] Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists. Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99. Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game. Miscellaneous text display issues. Miscellaneous bug fixes. [PlayStation®5] Adding the option* to switch Motion Blur on/off in Options. Adding the option* to switch Ray Tracing on/off in Options. Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options. [Steam] Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled. Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings. While the update is now rolling out to PC (Steam) and PlayStation 5 players, Capcom has confirmed Xbox Series X|S players will not see the update hitting their consoles just yet. It is slated to arrive "in the next few days" on the Microsoft platform.
  9. from the frontpage of the website: "F**k Windows Upgrade to Atlas" Oh yes. Some angry script kiddies giving me warm feelings here... sigh..
  10. "In court, he said that he knew he let a lot of people down and that he is sorry for that." LOL! He f****d up some many lives, and p****d away a total of 11 billion dollars in assets. But yeah.... He's sorry... What a unbearable piece of breathing flesh. Harsh? Oh yes.... /Tinfoil hat on And I find it surprising that after all the revelations during the trial, the parents haven't been under investigation as well. Some shady s**t went on there too. /Tinfoil hat off
  11. I had that monitor in the photo for my c64. I wonder what % of them are still working.
  12. I tried it on a i5-3550 CPU (so below minimum requirements by a few generation) paired with a NVIDIA 1050 Ti 4GB GPU (at THE minimum requirement) and it runs well enough on my Linux desktop computer through Lutris with 16GB of system RAM and running from a 6TB HDD. I basically am using 1920x1080 with everything on 'Low'. I enabled FSR 1.0 @ 40 Scaling option (basically I slightly tweaked it from the games auto-detected settings). it allows between 20-100 in 5 increments. I would say the graphics drop off becomes more obvious in the 20/25, maybe 30 range as at 35-40 it starts to get at a decent standard visually. but watching my frame rate (as the game has a built-in frame rate display) playing back a quick test fight I did against CPU (as you can watch your fight replays), which at least from what I could tell the background I was testing seems to be one of the more demanding backgrounds (so more taxing on GPU etc), my frame rate is pretty much 60fps or at least generally 55-60fps with a occasional dip around 50fps. lowering resolution does not really seem to do much, so I just left it at 1920x1080 since graphics are better. I noticed if you raise graphics, and say frame rate is about 30-40fps you can see in the part before each fight when the fighters speak during their intro sequence it's out of sync (which is odd as most games it would not matter as the audio would stay in sync). but if frame rate is 60fps or not much under this everything works as expected as when they speak it's in-sync. p.s. hard drive space is less than 100GB but it's not far from cracking that barrier based on the precise bytes of the game.
  13. That's a shame. You don't need cellular connection and the added cost of the iPhone is unnecessary. The Touch product was ideal. Be good if they put an ESS dac in the iPhones for superior music playback.
  14. That's not parole, then, is it? If you serve your full term you are released?
  15. Ah I am sorry, it looks like the listing has been updated to only support 2 devices now. We only ever ran Windows deals that were either 1 device or 3 devices, and the 3 device deal has been changed in the terms to 2 by StackCommerce (who manage the deals for us). I will update the article.
  16. Beware, cheaters: Malware campaign targets Call of Duty players using third-party apps by Martin Hodás It is safe to say that most players have cheated in a game at least once in their lifetime. Cheating can be innocent – you are not hurting anyone when tricking the NPCs in Grand Theft Auto by using unlimited ammo and health. In the end, those cheat codes were built into the game for a reason. It is not so innocent when you use cheating software to get an unfair competitive advantage over your opponents in multi-player modes, though. And these are the exact gamers who now might pay for their “sins”, quite literally. TechCrunch reported that Activision Blizzard is investigating a malware campaign targeting Call of Duty players using third-party apps such as cheats, according to the anonymous source with knowledge of the situation. Reportedly, the regular gamers should be safe. The details of the hacking campaign are currently unknown. The hackers are finding a way to gamers’ computers where the malware steals passwords to their online accounts – not just those related to gaming. Activision spokesperson confirmed to TechCrunch that the game developer is indeed aware of the problem “across the broader industry” linked to downloads of unauthorized software. However, it insists that the company servers were not compromised. The campaign was most likely uncovered in the cheating software community by a developer with the nickname Zeebler. He claims the hackers apparently use a well-known tactic where a downloaded software pretends to be a legitimate tool, while in reality – unknowingly to the user – it executes malicious activities in the background. The campaign is the latest reminder that you should always be aware of fraudsters online, especially if you are downloading unofficial software, even if its purpose is not to cheat on your gaming peers. As part of good “digital hygiene”, the very basic, yet key measures are to use different credentials across your online accounts – that’s where password manager comes in handy – and activate two-factor authentication where available.
  17. That Valorant performance chart doesn't show what they think it shows; it's not labeled correctly so it says something different. If the large blue bar is the AVERAGE FPS, then how is 1% or 0.2% performers somehow LESS than the Average FPS? Especially when the larger bars are supposed to signify performance??? OR is the chart highlighting the worst performers? Cuz I can think of ways to lower that benchmark quality to the point of irrelevance (which benchmark charts already do by their very nature)...
  18. What do you mean by "third SKU"? There would only be 2 SKUs for the Series X w/ this release, unless you are including the Series S. Really, this new variant should replace the Series S, as the biggest complaint against the Series S, is that it's underpowered. "leading to more sales" - I do not see this happening. The lack of a disc drive or option to add one later, makes the Digital only versions (X or S) a no-go for anyone that wants to play at least 1 disc game or 1 4k Blu-ray, regardless of the SKU price. Yes I'm talking about the "Series" in general. The Series S isn't going anywhere, they can't just erase it from reality and stop making games for it, it's also their best selling console. And BTW people who buy discs are a very very small minority. https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/11/physical-games-represented-just-4percent-of-sales-for-playstation-last-quarter
  1. Load more activity