All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Paul1979UK

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

I have to wonder, isn't this just going to make it easier for rivals to many of these companies tech to surface on the market? because China is a major market and this opens up the door to rivals. I doubt Google for instant is going to be happy about a lot of it's services being replaced and it might not matter for now but China is a major market and if they start pushing out alternatives, those alternatives can work on the world stage. I highly doubt Google and many other US companies are happy with what going on because this likely will open up the door for rivals around the world to take advantage of it, more so if China gets tough on US companies in China whiles also offering a sweet deal to other countries around the world.
  3. Hm this may be why it made me reset a couple passwords today.
  4. Ci7

one word : India
  5. PGHammer

Only ARM and x86 (and PowerPC but that is IBM and server only) exist for consumers. x86 is US, ARM is british. I didn't say that ARM was NOT British - however, somebody told them "cease and desist" - and that was likely someone in London - not Washington.
  6. PGHammer

That is why the Toshiba Corporation (and Lumber Liquidators case) are both relevant. In the case of Toshiba, it was a foreign subsidiary (one NOT based in the US) that was doing the crookery - in the case of Lumber Liquidators, it was a supplier selling them bad product - and Lumber Liquidators failed to catch them at it. While the Toshiba case did not affect me directly, the Lumber Liquidators case did - in fact, we bought nothing from them until we could trust the product we were getting (which is what I am suggesting for those dealing with Huawei). Basically, verify BEFORE trusting. Why is that (as a premise) so hard?
  7. The default theme as not changed. It is the exact same theme as you currently have? On a clean install, the default is white. The default is white for Home systems only. It is mixed (system dark, apps white) for all other systems. It should be easy to change to dark mode if you don't like light mode. The sad thing is most users will just "live with it"
  8. What I dislike the most is all of the launchers by default pop up at Windows startup, so all of them load and try to connect to the Internet and then all of them try to update their service. Its a mess in various scenarios like if you're on battery, or don't have an Internet connection, or are on a slow Internet connection. Anyway, a single platform that bundles different game services makes sense to me, just like a single platform that would bundle different streaming services would also make sense. I just stop them from doing so, it's an extra step but not hard to do. Now I just start them when I want and not at startup. But I don't often close them after I do start them. Right now for example I have steam client running for days, but I haven't opened GoG Galaxy in over a month.
  9. One bug that sticks around is when in the Settings app, selecting "Apps" still crashes it, most usually seen in the initial few minutes after booting up. It does seem to stop this behavior if the computer has an uptime of a few minutes or more. I've submitted feedback on this since it first appeared a couple builds before 18362 and yet it persists......
  10. Those are pretty minor issues, which is why they shipped it knowing them. They could spend 8 years in testing and still have to ship with known issues. Can't delay it forever.
  11. They dropped flat after axing WP. They're fluent UI allows for gradients and shadows again, thank goodness.
  12. people still use the .mov format outside of apple i products? 0_o /rant that aside I'd report it in the Windows Feedback app if you haven't already and use an alternate video player for the time being if you play that format often I'd recommend either VLC or Pot Player
  13. The default theme as not changed. It is the exact same theme as you currently have? On a clean install, the default is white. The default is white for Home systems only. It is mixed (system dark, apps white) for all other systems. It should be easy to change to dark mode if you don't like light mode.
  14. I had to revert back because of certain issue between EasyPHP Devserver and OneDrive (files on Demand). Was happening when it entered the Preview Ring. When that gets fixed I'm moving (as that is the only issue I have noticed so far)
  15. Did neowin make that one up? Slow news day?
  16. What ant-tamper thing? Most likely deactivates a "cracked" copy of Windows 10 that uses Volume Licensing... no; it's mostly for games; the anti-cheating code that held up updates a couple months back to the insider rings You mean windows blocking BattlEye and EAC from accessing the Kernel, where they have no business of being in the first place?
  17. No, it is not possible.
  18. Problem I have with Hangouts is getting people to use Hangouts lol. I can say that about every platform. That is why I haven't and don't plan on abandoning Facebook Messenger.
  19. It does exist, but for now only for some OnePlus and Samsung phones.
  20. dustojnikhummer

Only ARM and x86 (and PowerPC but that is IBM and server only) exist for consumers. x86 is US, ARM is british.
  21. The icons look out of place, I thought Microsoft was going for more of a "Flat" everything, and here we have icons with a drop shadow.
  22. That icon is /r/mildlyinfuriating Hope they fix that before roll out. Yes, it is a tiny, insignificant thing, but it is still infuriating.
  23. Copernic

TinyTask 1.72

TinyTask 1.72 by Razvan Serea TinyTask is a minimalist and tiny (35 KB) keyboard macro recording and playback tool. It’s used to automatically control the mouse and keyboard actions, so as to complete repeated computer operations. Anything you do with the mouse or type on the keyboard while the program is running can be replayed as many times as you choose. It not only records and saves macros but also compiles them, turning your recorded macros into executable programs. There's no installer, help file, or anything unnecessary; just a tiny EXE program, which doesn't touch your registry or change your system folders. TinyTask 1.72 changelog: Fixed bug with Play Speed not being correctly saved or compiled (thanks YS for report) Fixed issue with Fast playbacks (100x) not properly terminating on short recordings Added File Association option with TinyTaskSetup.exe TinyTaskSetup > "Add File Assocation" > double-click .rec file ==> plays recording & ends Download: TinyTask 1.72 | 35 KB (Freeware) Download: TinyTask 1.72 Setup | 1.4 MB Links: TinyTask Home Page | TinyTask Support Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  24. Today
  25. Wow read a few entries on that blog... Reeks of real treason. (Not the nonsense being tossed around because of Trump but the "selling to the highest paying enemy of the US" kind.)
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?