All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. yep it is and that's why I made the pun cuz when you say it like that "Insyde H2O" you are inside h2o when you take a bath
  3. I prefer Dash-to-Panel myself. I prefer a Windows-style taskbar to a macOS-style dock.
  4. Yes, the price is an issue. Also - regardless what fanbois say - some people find them uncomfortable after just a short time, some people have vertigo or headache problems with them and some people are just plain underwhelmed by the whole thing.
  5. The laptops mentioned never go off sale until discontinuation. Very few people have a wifi 7 modem, and both have upgradable wifi cards No model needs more than 100gb in my testing of ai models. The GPU is far more important than anything. CPU is 14cores@3ghz vs DGPU thousands of cores at 2ghz.... You can sometimes find the 4050 laptop variants for 694 as well. You also get 11% cashback using rakuten at both lenovo and HP, as well as additional lenovo rewards etc. There's also free 3months xbox ultimate..
  6. This is not surprise at all... If they sold 5000 of those is already a lot.... who is willing to pay $3500 dollars for a VR Headset is beyond belief.
  7. Slower cpu, half the storage and 1/4 the ram. I wouldn’t call that better. That’s not mentioning the extra storage slot, WiFi 7, of 2.5 GHz Ethernet. This laptop in its max configuration supports only 16GB of RAM. I wouldn't try gaming on either of these machines, and the AI performance is going to take a back seat to the anemic ram and storage. Side note: this SFF is on sale, so it is objectively a good deal right now for what it is. That is is you trust the company. Off sale price of 1099, eh....no way. I have had both these laptops, you can put in up to 64gb ddr5 sodimm per slot The HP may not have an extra m.2 but the lenovo does.
  8. Proving what? Lol, you just have an irrational hate of cloud storage and you think everyone thinks like you, actual statistics show that a majority of people like cloud storage. And very bold of you to say I don't understand the meaning of words when you clearly don't understand what an actual dark pattern is, nobody is getting tricked into buying OneDrive instead of signing out. Dark patterns are literally just misleading UI elements like a too small cancel button, that has nothing to do with haversting user data as you keep saying. Misleading? Like showing Low Storage scare notifications for cloud storage that you didn't know you were using so you'll buy more? Or notifying a user instead of an IT department of something that the user doesn't need to be involved in? Totally different and doesn't match the descriptor to a tee. Again, I'm sorry you don't understand what a Dark Pattern is.
  9. Noted Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims Vision Pro unit shipments have been heavily cut by John Callaham It's been less than three months since Apple officially put its Vision Pro mixed reality headset on sale in early February 2024. So far, it has sold in just one market, the United States, and with a huge price tag of $3,499. Today, there's an unconfirmed report that Apple has already cut its shipment unit plans for the Vision Pro, even before it starts selling the headset outside the US. Noted and usually reliable Apple third-party analyst Ming-Chi Kuo posted on his Medium page today that, according to his sources, Apple has reduced the shipment numbers for the Vision Pro down to between 400,000 and 450,000 units for the year. Kuo said the previous expectation was that Apple would ship between 750,000 and 800.000 units of the headset. Kuo points out that these reduced shipment numbers come even before Apple expands where the Vision Pro is being sold. In late March, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced that the headset would go on sale in China sometime in 2024. In his report, Kuo says that Apple faces several challenges with the Vision Pro. Besides the high price, there's also the comfort level of actually wearing the headset. Finally, he feels that there is currently a lack of major mixed reality applications that will work with the Vision Pro. Kuo claims that Apple is reviewing its plans for releasing future mixed-reality headsets due to the cuts in shipment numbers. Some earlier rumors claimed Apple might launch the Vision Pro 2 in late 2025 or early 2026. Now, Kuo says that timeframe may not happen. Apple will announce its regular quarterly financial numbers and discuss those numbers with financial analysts on Thursday, April 25. We will have to see if the company offers any info on sales and shipment numbers for the Vision Pro.
  10. Lifetime of AdGuard Personal now 71% off normal price by Steven Parker Today's highlighted deal comes via our Apps + Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 71% on a lifetime subscription to AdGuard Personal. Get rid of annoying and intrusive ads and protect your device from malware with this advanced ad blocking appMeet the world's most advanced ad blocker! AdGuard is a unique program that has all the necessary features for the best web experience. The software combines the world's most advanced ad blocker, a whole privacy protection module, and a parental control tool—all working in one app. This amazing software deals with annoying ads, hides your data from a multitude of trackers, protects you from malware attacks, and lets you restrict your kids from accessing inappropriate content. Install AdGuard and see the internet as it was supposed to be: clean and safe. Get rid of annoying banners, pop-ups & video ads once and for all Hide your data from the multitude of trackers & activity analyzers that swarm the web Avoid fraudulent & phishing website and malware attacks Protect your kids online by restricting them from accessing inappropriate & adult content Important Details Personal Plan Length of access: lifetime This plan is only available to new users Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Max number of devices: 3 Access options: desktop & mobile Software version: AdGuard Personal Updates included Here's the deal: A lifetime subscription of AdGuard Personal Plan normally costs $59.99, but this deal can be yours for just $16.97, that's a saving of $43. For full terms, specifications, and license info please click the link below. Get AdGuard Personal for just $16.97, or learn more See all discounted Neowin Deals on offer. This is a time-limited deal. Although priced in U.S. dollars, this deal is available for digital purchase worldwide. We post these because we earn commission on each sale so as not to rely solely on advertising, which many of our readers block. It all helps toward paying staff reporters, servers and hosting costs. Other ways to support Neowin The above deal not doing it for you, but still want to help? Check out the links below. Check out our partner software in the Neowin Store Buy a T-shirt at Neowin's Threadsquad Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for an ad-free experience Disclosure: An account at Neowin Deals is required to participate in any deals powered by our affiliate, StackCommerce. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site.
  11. You will get Dash to Dock only by installing a crap-ton of extras? You will get Dash to Dock by installing a single extension - Dash to Dock. Be happy that they give you a choice of which launcher to use, whether Dash to Dock, Dash to Panel, or Dock from Dash, or some other extension that users may prefer.
  12. Today
  13. Oh i'm definitely gonna be, and be extremely careful with all the externals when i put them away after use
  14. So, when the AI system crashes or unintended consequences begin, who is going to fix the mess?
  15. Even Linux distros have their own CPU requirements, specially as you get newer kernels. Very valid, you would have to do your homework to try and get linux on something that old, and it may still be unsupported.
  16. Good Bot, Bad Bot

Will this system run Windows?

Fire stick to use as your desktop device? I suppose if you hate your MIL.
  17. NOPE! NO RGB is present on the Vipers anymore... that's how they got the weight to be lighter is by eliminating it altogether. Though however, if you REALLY GOTTA have and want RGB, just get the Cobra Pro as its got plenty of it! FYI: Razer Viper V2 Pro did not have any RGB either so you won't find it there on the previous generation. It should be pretty damn clear by now that Razer does not plan on bringing back RGB into the Vipers by now/anytime soon, if ever.
  18. Another generation of tablet products they don't know what to do with. Can't let them eat into their precious Macbook sales.
  19. Critical thinking required, very little in evidence. The average rate of injury for US manufacturing companies is 6.6/100 full-time workers. From your link, Spacex's injury rate for Boca Chia in 2023 was 5.9./100, lower than the national average. Then Reuters tries to compare SpaceX's rate to an aerospace average of 0.8/100. Problem 1: the vast majority of aerospace assembles rockets like Falcon 9, Atlas, Electron, etc horizontally, very few workers get more than three or four meters off the ground. Super-heavy rockets need to be assembled vertically, stacking the rings and welding them together, so the workers end up at least 50 and sometimes 90 meters off the ground. This is inherently riskier, so the comparison is sketchy at best. Duh Reuters also reported a rate of 7.9/100 for workers retrieving boosters at sea. Problem 2: the barges, ships & crews are long-term leases from shipping company operators. Go complain to them. Yet another Reuters clickbait story.
  20. LaP

Will this system run Windows?

At this price you can probably buy her an old refub 8th gen laptop on Newegg that will run windows fine and will come with a windows 11 license.
  21. Copernic

System Informer 3.0.7578

System Informer 3.0.7578 by Razvan Serea System Informer is a free and open source process viewer. This multi-purpose tool will assist you with debugging, malware detection and system monitoring. System Informer is the official successor to Process Hacker and was originally created in 2008 by Wen Jia Liu as an open source alternative to programs such as Windows Task Manager and Sysinternals Process Explorer. For Windows 10 or higher, 32-bit or 64-bit. System Informer features A detailed overview of system activity with highlighting. Graphs and statistics allow you quickly to track down resource hogs and runaway processes. Can't edit or delete a file? Discover which processes are using that file. See what programs have active network connections, and close them if necessary. Get real-time information on disk access. View detailed stack traces with kernel-mode, WOW64 and .NET support. Go beyond services.msc: create, edit and control services. Small, portable and no installation required. 100% Free Software System Informer 3.0.7578 changelog: New Process Hacker setup. New process properties handle search. Added F11 hotkey for fullscreen System Information window. Updated Updater plugin: New design and layout. Updated WindowExplorer plugin: Added Windows process properties page. Note Support for Windows XP and Vista has been dropped. For those platforms, use Process Hacker 2.38. This release has significant internal code changes. Please make sure all plugins are up-to-date. Download: System Informer 3.0.7578 | 15.0 MB (Open Source) Download: System Informer Portable | 14.5 MB Links: Home Page | Github Project Page Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  22. Razor are known for being expensive and honestly, for that price, not only do I expect a lifetime guarantee, but I expect the hardware and software to be top-notch, which is going on one's I've bought over the years, you can get far cheaper ones with solid quality. But the main reason for not buying expensive ones is that they fail too easy, whether that be the scroll wheel or buttons or even the battery, which I've noticed it to be the case with Logitech, but Razor can have these issues that half the time it feels like pot luck. The irony is, I had far fewer issues with a mouse when I was a kid and used them on the Amiga, and the funny thing is, the mouse only cost around £2 lol, for the price of today's mouses, they don't feel reliable enough for the price they are asking for, so I rather cheap out and buy disposable ones, that way it doesn't matter if it breaks.
  23. * 160$ for an ambidextrous mouse, Its too expensive to produce two versions apparently
  24. Raging? You mean talking about it on a news site while proving what I said? Man, you really don't understand the meaning of words, do you? Proving what? Lol, you just have an irrational hate of cloud storage and you think everyone thinks like you, actual statistics show that a majority of people like cloud storage. And very bold of you to say I don't understand the meaning of words when you clearly don't understand what an actual dark pattern is, nobody is getting tricked into buying OneDrive instead of signing out. Dark patterns are literally just misleading UI elements like a too small cancel button, that has nothing to do with haversting user data as you keep saying.
  25. Raging? You mean talking about it on a news site while proving what I said? Man, you really don't understand the meaning of words, do you?
  1. Load more activity