All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Good for Microsoft. It's good to see companies lead in green energy adoption. Wish it would be for local, state and fed gov'ts.
  3. MtnDewCodeRedFreak

Guess what?!?!

Probably.
  4. Hi, all. friendly Staff reminder to keep posts on topic. Thanks!
  5. I have tried installing it a few times and always end up with the same error. Windows Setup completed with exit code hexadecimal 0xC1900107 Deleting the temporary folder and running a bunch of scripts that google turned out doesnt seem to help
  6. Are you saying you would prefer Windows 10 just now be coming out? Or perhaps would you have liked a buggy Windows 10 that changed everything, but without enough time to test and get it right? What you are complaining about they did design. The last times MS tried to do a huge OS overhaul all at once was Windows Vista (back-end overhaul) and Windows 8 (UI overhaul), and nigher went over well. They said that Windows 10 will be an evolving product and in my opinion, it has been pretty successful. Sure, having some settings screens still randomly using the Windows 7 control panels has an incomplete feel, but it all still works.
  7. Bamsebjørn

Microsoft and Eneco announce new wind energy agreement

Looks like someone at Microsoft fell for one of the those annoying telemarketers schemes where they try to sell you an energy contract.
  8. Shame about the health care. Totally relevant.
  9. Both are important, fit and finish matters. Have you ever used an application that didn't keep its UI updated? Seeing a Win95 style on some screens, WinXP or others and the occasional Win10 style all mixed together does not give you a good feel for a product.
  10. That means it's defective and you should return or RMA swap it. Why post something like that without doing so first? You obviously have a defective drive. Because I don't have time right now and reading reviews on Amazon I'm not alone and a lot of the RMA drives have the same issue. Sorry for sharing my experiences though I'm sure crucial appreciates your passioned defense of them. Dunno man but the reviews are very good on Amazon ... me think you have a defective drive. Go ahead and buy one then. All the negative reviews say the same thing (you can sort by them you know), that when it gets hot it stops working or starts working poorly, and an RMA doesn't fix it. So if you want to put it in a desktop or don't use your laptop for anything intense it will be fine. If you look at the negative of pretty much all products, they most likely have the same issue. I usually look at the recent reviews. That will show if there are still any current issue with the product.
  11. Scaling is good, it is made in harmony with current Windows 10 interface.
  12. Jason S.

Are these temps too high?

given what we know, i'd guess the pump is failing
  13. Yazoo

The screenshot is from Corsair Link. This system was built in 2017 and has never done this before. Only reason I checked temps was the fans were running at full blast. The AIO had its own thermal pad but I will look at replacing this with some fresh paste tomorrow to rule out the pump. Next Steps Replace thermal paste on AIO if that fails then try a new HSF Will report back here once I've done the above.
  14. This is actually really useable and useful. Nice and easy to Win + G during gaming to sort shiz out without having to alt tab outta the game.
  15. Today
  16. LaP

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

If i was at the head of India i would definitely start thinking about a plan B for chip supply.
  17. Raze

Firefox Quantum 67.0

My Sticky Password add-on still not working, using Firefox v67, 24bit.
  18. Really? A new icon!? I need to call my mom ... sheesh. Find bigger news to report, for gods sake!
  19. Copernic

Serviio 2.0

Serviio 2.0 by Razvan Serea Serviio is a free media server. It allows you to stream your media files (music, video or images) to renderer devices (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console or mobile phone) on your connected home network. Serviio works with many devices from your connected home (TV, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, XBox 360, smart phones, tablets, etc.). It supports profiles for particular devices so that it can be tuned to maximise the device's potential and/or minimize lack of media format playback support (via transcoding). Serviio is based on Java technology and therefore runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux (incl. embedded systems, e.g. NAS). There is also a paid Pro edition which further enhances the possibilities of sharing content in your connected household. Free vs Pro comparison. Features: streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time streams content from online sources, like RSS feeds, live audio/video streams, web page content includes a plugin system to support streaming from non-trivial online sources supports most known playlist formats supports subtitles automatically updates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file supports RAW camera images wide array of localized library browsing options supports different editable renderer profiles supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter, MyMovies supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc. categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series integrates with trakt.tv Supported renderers: Samsung TVs and Bluray players (supports additional features, e.g. subtitles) Sony TVs and Bluray players Panasonic TVs Playstation 3, Playstation 4 Xbox 360, Xbox One LG TVs and Bluray players Toshiba TVs Sharp TVs Philips TVs WDTV Live (supports subtitles) Oppo BDP-83 MusicPal DirecTV DVR Pure Flow devices ROKU Android phones, iOS phones ... and many more Serviio 2.0 changelog: added support for multiple users (Pro only); ticket #931 added browsing Movies by duration; ticket #946 added Display name to local Shared folders; ticket #1041 added the possibility to ignore folders by name, per Shared folder; ticket #1084 added the possibility to ignore files by extension, per Shared folder; ticket #740 added support for mpjpeg video container; ticket #1003 added support for Cinepak and Sorenson video (1/3) codecs; ticket #1071 log out (in DEBUG) details of matched transcoding rule; ticket #1093 allow H265 and MP3/AC3 codecs in HLS format; ticket #1001 updated Roku profiles with multi-channel support via HLS fixed empty folders when browsing on VLC Android; ticket #1062 disabled autoplay in MediaBrowser when it's only available in a muted state; ticket #1090 updated jaudiotagger Download: Serviio 2.0 | 155.0 MB (Freeware, paid upgrade available) View: Serviio Website | Other Operating Systems | Screenshot Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  20. warwagon

Brandon (and the rest of the "China defenders") - step back and take a look at what you are defending. On the one hand, Huawei (on paper) is a "great company" - however, how did they get there? Part of Huawei's problem is that they are - at minimum - partially owned by the PRC Did the enter key get banned too?
  21. adrynalyne

So in essence bend over backwards to whatever BS the US government wants from them? The US has yet to show any kind of substantial evidence about spying from Huawei. The funny thing is, ARM isn’t a US company
  22. Jason S.

do you have the Corsair monitoring software installed? that'll tell you all the stats about the pump and temp probes. perhaps the heatsink isnt seated properly. do you have thermal paste applied properly? what are your ambient temps? how about airflow through the case? your GPU temps look ok, though. that leads me to believe you have an issue w/ the motherboard (b/c those temps are too high, too) or the CPU contact w/ the heatsink. also, check for a BIOS update in case there's some error in the code that shows false readings.
  23. 100%

Firefox Quantum 67.0

If that's the case than there are no more wars, Google has already won. Only Google's way has a future on that scenario.
  24. https://youtu.be/IfxfdHJ3k9Y This Youtube video was just shared on Huawei LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/huawei/)
  25. Jim K

Could be ... or poor contact. If the temps have been fine until recently ... it very well could be the pump failed. Not sure how one would confirm though (aside from installing another cooler like you're doing)? But yea, those temps are extremely high for your situation.
  26. Yazoo

Those temps are right after bootup and I only have Chrome running. Not sure about the MB temps. I have an AIO (Corsair H100i GTX) could it be the pump is failing? I have ordered a Noctua HSF will arrive tomorrow will see if the H100i is faulty.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?