All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. There is very little bloat. yeah right. everyone know windows has ton of legacy bloats. unwanted software thats deprecated but still exists like the ones mentioned in the article You'll be surprised how much software out there still depends upon stuff that's no longer being developed or maintained. If Microsoft starts ripping out stuff that's been carried over from older versions, then I bet we'd start getting a bunch of comments from people complaining their programs no longer work for no reason - especially for business users. Like, what about old versions of programs that software makers just don't support anymore, and that's too costly to upgrade? Or programs where the developer either stopped making/selling that program, went bankrupt, or straight up disappeared? Do you want to choose between being left behind in technological progress/new updates/security fixes and keep your old programs working, or being able to stay up to date and use the new programs being made while having to completely rewrite or replace your entire workflow every year or so? Even if Microsoft made this legacy stuff a downloadable extra (which would be a logistical nightmare), you'd get people who either don't know how to download the stuff and complaining, people complaining that they have to download things to get their programs to work "when they were just fine before", and people complaining because they have a download cap. If you want your old programs to keep working in Windows, Windows will have to keep some stuff around to keep those programs working. And especially for business customers, Windows really prioritizes keeping these programs working that you're already used to. If you really just want the new stuff and to be out with the old, you can just use Windows RT. ... Except that totally failed. then how are they able to remove these bloat without breaking the apps. you talk as if removing things will always break stuffs. thats not the bloat we want removed. removed legacy unused software like these which is no use to anyone. there is always duplicate apps like settings, IE/edge etc its also horrible how there are at least 10 UI design and are so inconsistent
  3. if as bloat you're talking about few MBs occupied on your hdd, easily unistallable with 2 clicks yes ... if you're talking about sw that runs on startup, slow down your pc, fill your registry, when you unistall leave files and registry voices in your hdd...than no if by bloat i mean you uninstall and it comes back when you do an update. that kind of bloat too. besides thats not the only bloat. there are ton of service like the one mentioned here that you cant remove but running and taking up space
  4. Hyper-V and M$ hypervisor happily deleted because of BSOD when launching Virtualbox or NOX Player. Sandbox and Hyper-V are useless. Interface (colors) is awful. Amount of spying is insane.
  5. yep I just got this version pushed as well they must have just pushed it as I didn't get it when I checked some 30 odd minutes ago
  6. And? What do you mean “and?” Microsoft teased such functionality then withdrew it. Stardock teased it and delivered. It’s a nice piece of ui functionality than people seem to want. Microsoft didn't necessarily withdraw it; it's being reworked since Microsoft's implementation depended on Edge which in itself is now being reworked over to Chromium.
  7. My Edge Dev (running in Admin mode) just updated to 76.0.167.1. Now I can run it in normal, non-admin mode, again.
  8. Yes and no. It works pretty well but I have had it tank machine performance when using a lot of applications with it at the same time.
  9. Why? This picture clearly speaks words about the gender inequality that exists at Microsoft, at least on this team. The above comments are legitimate.
  10. The Messaging App was not something used directly. The core was and is used by Skype to provide SMS syncing. I doubt any WP/WM10 user ever even noticed that messages could appear in the Messaging App, as it was NEVER the UI used. PS - the Messaging App hasn't displayed or allowed access to SMS messages for Sync since like 1803 or 1709 - so this isn't technically a new change. Do people still use SMS these days other than 2 factor auth? In Europe nobody uses that anymore since the telecoms kept charging way to much so everybody turned to WhatsApp. Then way to late made it free but people are used to other solutions now. I do but only as a backup. Text messages are unlimited for me...
  11. "With GlobalCoin, Facebook hopes that it can make sending money both affordable and secure" Facebook and secure DO NOT even belong in the same sentence but you just know there will tons of people who go for this!
  12. Absolutely nothing. This time they really really REALLY promise that they won't sell your data with anyone with ad money to wave about. /s BTW, to combat bank fraud, Please fill out this 600 page questionnaire about every financial detail you and your family, Friends, Neighbours, Random person you met in the park while dog walking, Your boss and co-workers and anyone you sat next to on the bus have made in say...the last 30 years. Don't forget bank account numbers and PIN's of course....You can trust us this time..we are Facebook and we care..
  13. Ya, just from the few posts here so far and half of them had the Edge get messed up! Way to go MS with your auto updating everything so automatically! Luckily I hadn't been on this machine in a while and even though I just had my Edge get updated, I'm still on the previous version to this update! While it downloads the update, you actually have to restart it for it to update, if it's open. Otherwise it won't just update on it's own. I always get a notification to restart to update on Canary. Apparently the Dev version doesn't work that way as my version gets updated upon opening. Never been told to restart. Some how missed this update on this machine also, which I'm usually on about every other day. Edit: just got updated to 76.0.167.1 on my Dev Edge. Started up just fine and working great. Edited 36 minutes after posting this reply.
  14. SpaceX has a long history of sandbagging. Ex: for years F9 was listed as being capable of 11.5-13t to LEO for various blocks, but last night it lifted 18.5t - 2t more than Apollo 7.
  15. Today
  16. I thought I heard Leo Laporte saying she's Transgender. That explains everything. I guess in one of her tweets "She also goes forth to mention that being a transgender, her transition has been really difficult." Oh didn't know that, but in either cases, I hope she gets the help she needs and calm down a bit instead of turning into a criminal! She sounds really smart, she should go get a job and make some good coin. Smart people move forward. She seems pretty much stagnant to her anger and whatever hides behind that. She won't go far. Or a smart angry / extremely frustrated person that had a lapse in judgement?
  17. He tried with bank accounts by suggesting facebook handled customer queries. Now he is cutting the middle man.
  18. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October... Wish they gave that quick of an update treatment back when I had my Xperia Z3. I got turned off of Sony phones after that one because most of their phones came to the US with the fingerprint reader disabled. I heard that finally changed that with their last couple of phones but I'm still reluctant to try them again; I had various antennae and battery issues too with by my Z3 and the ZL I had before it. I own an XZ PRemium, an XZ2 Premium and an Xperia 1 coming this week, all with android 9. The XZ Premium originally shipped with Android 7. Samsung is yet to update all S8s
  19. Cannot wait for the day when camera apps give you the option to only shoot landscape whatever the orientation of the phone.
  20. A company with one of the worst security records is starting a cryptocurrency. What could go wrong.
  21. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October... Wish they gave that quick of an update treatment back when I had my Xperia Z3. I got turned off of Sony phones after that one because most of their phones came to the US with the fingerprint reader disabled. I heard that finally changed that with their last couple of phones but I'm still reluctant to try them again; I had various antennae and battery issues too with by my Z3 and the ZL I had before it.
  22. LaP

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

The bias was still valid with Ballmer in place. But yeah lately MS has been doing well.
  23. Interesting. I was waiting for MS version of it and was disappointed when they canned it. Is Groupy performing well?
  24. Multi monitors support in Windows 10 improved but it's still very sucky. Yeah DisplayFusion is definitely a must have.
  25. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October...
  26. No need to make yourself appear credible by citing computer experience. It’s an older, low powered machine. It is expected that older OSes run better on it. I got a i3-2120 CPU, 8GB of RAM, a good SSD, and Win10 runs fine. there is no way I would use Win8 over Win10 especially after Win8's initial release pretty much gave that OS a bad rep due to it's interface not being suited for desktop/laptops and then it never recovered as people generally seem to go Win7 or Win10 as I don't see much reason for Win8 right now. Windows 8 was bad , true, however 8.1 made of changes and its quite usable for a non-workstation PC/laptop. I don't miss the Start menu and the new interface doesn't get in my way too much. Yeah, I have heard that but at that point it's reputation was damaged and people pretty much avoided anything Windows 8 at that point.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?