All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. LOC

The Big Wrestling Thread!

Wow, if last night doesn't prove Vince is beyond out of touch with the wrestling world right now I don't know what else does. I wasn't one of those IWC smarks calling on Vince to step down as CEO or head of creative or anything, but after last night I'm rethinking that opinion.
  3. SnoopZ

Password Methodology

I use Lastpass then I don't need to remember any of them and it works on mobile with fingerprint too. Just let Lastpass generate the passwords.
  4. So if this has to do with them tracking people with the phone without knowledge or permission of the user, does this mean they should ban Androids....because Google's already doing this. I'm not really saying ban Androids, I'm just getting annoyed with large organizations doing illegal things and just waiting till they're caught to reverse it....but in the meantime they gain a lot from it. FaceBook and Google have been doing this quite a bit. I'm sure others do it as well.
  5. This should be sorted now. It looks like an old version of the mod we use to fix this was installed. I've replaced it with the latest version
  6. Nick H.

Password Methodology

Interestingly, if you go to https://howsecureismypassword.net/ and start typing that password out, at "correcthorsebatterystapl" it says it will take 7 quadrillion years to crack. When you add the e it drops down to "instantly" because of the comic.
  7. CrashGordon

Password Methodology

LastPass autogenerate
  8. That will most likely happen too. I don't see how Microsoft could escape this ruling when Google, Intel, Qualcomm etc all have to comply.
  9. Today
  10. Aokromes

Warranty void if removed stickers?

no legislation at all on European Union.
  11. They already have pretty good hardware, and have been working on their own OS for 5 years now... This is going to hurt the US far more than it will hurt Huawei. Samsung could also go out on their own, tomorrow if they needed to. The USA is way behind in technology these days. Thats why they are trying to restrict what the far better Huawei can sell to the USA. Its called protectionism. Hardware isn't really the problem here though. It's all about software and people living outside of China will not buy smartphones without Google software on it. Not just Android because they can fork it or use the AOSP but all the services most people rely on like Google Maps, Youtube, Gmail etc.
  12. Kvuivbribumok

German firm Infineon suspends shipments to Huawei

I wonder how the Chinese gov will react to this because all this news basically means that Huawei can forget about selling phones outside of China and it's ambition to dethrone Samsung as #1 manufacturer in the world...
  13. They won't. Manufacturers and MSDN etc have had 1903 for some time now, they've been fixing any issue with cumulative updates. It's *highly* unlikely they would ship another build.
  14. spikey_richie

Password Methodology

15. Amelia Evie

Hi there

I am Amelia and am very glad to be a part of this forum. I would like to share my knowledge and to gain lot here
  16. Human.Online

Password Methodology

I let Keychain generate a long password, and then never type it, leaving Keychain to authenticate via facial or fingerprint.
  17. InsaneNutter

Password Methodology

Let your password manager generate something totally random for you. All my passwords are totally random like this: Ma^Ce@JZ}dZGA7+GnFg:ruI~1x3g19DhwxqRBp*jUn1i!E%Jeb and are unique to every website.
  18. The guy who thinks buying apps is "disrespecting yourself" and uses a flip phone is going to tell us which phones are best. Yeah... Okay. This guy literally spouts nonsense, he's said a LOT worse.
  19. Certainly guilty until proved innocent in this instance. This will make any future phones sold internationally a very hard sell without the Play Store and Play Services. Even if Huawei do their own app store like Samsung it will be a lot of work to get all the popular apps on there. Would the ban also mean that if the app was from the US it couldn't go on there anyway? Good point, so a lot of the popular apps would be unavailable regardless. Even a competing app store like Amazon would be a no go with that in mind. F-Droid has open source apps only, so wouldn't have most of what the average person is going to be looking for i'd imagine. It will be interesting to see what Huawei do, in China it won't affect them regardless as Google might as well not exist there. However it could quite easily finish them elsewhere in the world.
  20. Google / facebook etc are already banned in China, and blocked by their firewall. This will have minimal impact on China, only the US will suffer, by not getting great tech, cheaply. Lots of other great tech out there and it can be made cheaply in other places besides China.
  21. Google / facebook etc are already banned in China, and blocked by their firewall. This will have minimal impact on China, only the US will suffer, by not getting great tech, cheaply.
  22. They already have pretty good hardware, and have been working on their own OS for 5 years now... This is going to hurt the US far more than it will hurt Huawei. Samsung could also go out on their own, tomorrow if they needed to. The USA is way behind in technology these days. Thats why they are trying to restrict what the far better Huawei can sell to the USA. Its called protectionism.
  23. Microsoft's naming scheme is, as always, fantastic. Like every other version of Windows 10 in particular, there's an internal codename (19H1), an OS version (1903, which signifies the year and month when that version is 'feature complete' - essentially RTM), and then there's the more marketing-friendly name for regular users which signifies the month and year when it'll begin its rollout. In this case, May 2019.
  24. The problem with many of this big tech companies in China is that large parts of them are actually owned by the government. Remember it's the communist party in control and they own a share in pretty much every Chinese company as far as I'm aware of. Part of the argument Western tech companies have with the WTO is that Chinese regulations force you to "show" your IP to the Chinese government for you to be allowed to sell it in China. Then they turn around and "share" your tech to their own companies, which is pretty much state sponsored stealing of IP. The best thing western companies could do is start to move their production out of China and into other places like India, or even any of the South Asian countries like Vietnam for example. Labor costs are pretty low there as well, the only advantage to sticking with China at the moment (because labor costs are actually inching higher in China though at a snails pace), is the massive shipping advantage they have.
  25. d5aqoëp

LG pledges to go carbon neutral by the year 2030

Idiots should first pledge to update their $2000 TVs for more than 1 year. That would be a good start.
  26. This browser will make a good dent in Chrome when it comes out. Its Chrome like enough for people to just use it. That depends, if the UI starts to look like the original Edge, then people will not bother with it. A lot of people may just use chrome because they think that the strange E icon is for IE and not for a different browser, so they may never have even tried the original edge, so why would they try the new one? Some people use chrome because it links into their google account. I think the main reason why MS is changing to chromium is more to do with business, some sites will not work with the original edge. Myself i will stay with cent, I see now reason to change and other people i have talked to say they will stay with the browser they use. This is the second or third time I've seen you mention cent. Never heard of it before but just did a search for it. May have to give it a try. What is it you like about it more than Chrome or Edge? As far as this version of Edge, I like it on my Windows 10 machines and wish they'd hurry up with the Windows 7 version to try on this computer. i can't really explain why I like it more than Chrome, just something about it, plus I prefer the dual column bookmarks. Which Edge are we on about? If you mean the original Edge, that that is awful, don't work on some sites, UI is awful and just seems to render some pages strangely. If you mean the new chromium based Edge, then the same as with Chrome, i just find Cent better, but in the way i can not put my finger on it. Give Cent a try, you may not like it, I tried a fair few different chromium based browsers, SRWare Iron, opera, brave, commodo dragon, torch, Vivaldi and some other ones. Before you give cent a go, it is a Chinese browser. If Edge offered me something different then I would change, but I see no advantage. Biggest advantage I see is adblock. Both Firefox and Edge support adblock on mobile. Has done wonders for responsiveness and data when browsing on my mobile. And since I don't use Gmail and sign in with a Microsoft account on my computers having history, passwords and settings sync have been convenient enough that I've actually used edge as my default for a while now, and only keep Chrome around for that one site a month that doesn't work right in edge. I came from Windows phone to android and used firefox for a while, but I really missed reading mode from edge. Best thing since sliced bread for reading news and documentation. Switched over to edge again once it became fully featured on Android.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?