All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I never mentioned anything about a laptop sale...I was talking about the SFF PC.
  3. Exactly, outside of gaming or some other VR entertainment scenarios, no ones going to use these for work, not long hours of work anyway. This is why I always said AR for work makes more sense as long as they're small/light enough to where they're more like a pair of glasses and not a bulky headset.
  4. "By default, Tap to Click is now enabled for touchpad." Finally.
  5. Today
  6. "Another new feature that's exclusive to Edge is support for Windows Ink for digital writing in places like the browser's address bar, text area and input elements, and areas with the "contenteditable" attribute. Users can do things like delete digital writing by scribbling over words, add or remove spaces between words by drawing vertical lines, and more," And features like these are a major reason why Edgium has become and remained my default browser since 2020. That said, is it just me with my hefty number of tabs open, or has anyone else been noticing Edge v124.0.2478.51 freezing up/not responding frequently like ancient Internet Explorer used to do?
  7. Free or many that certainly are no more than a few dollars. Granted, through Apps Gone Free or similar apps, I've acquired a few great ones over the years that weren't free normally, but would temporarily be free. For example, I got Scanner Pro [https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scanner-pro-scan-documents/id333710667] and TurboScan Pro [https://apps.apple.com/us/app/turboscan-pro-pdf-scanner/id342548956] for free back in 2014.
  8. freakyfriday

new pc or gpu?

my I7 4790k died on me. power supply went and fried all the parts. so im using the ssf for now. i got my taxes back and got a refund 575.61. so i can either get a new pc or get a gt 1030 and then save the rest and get a new pc next year. all prices are in Canadian dollars USED Ryzen 3 2200G APU/CPU- 38.00NEW Gigastone DDR4 8x2= 16gb- 49.99USED Computer case- 65.00NEW Gigabyte B450M- 141.24NEW 256GB SSD NVME- 44.99NEW Power Supply EVGA 850 watt- 112.11Total= 451.33Dell OptiPlex 5060 RGB Desktop Computer Gaming PC - GT 730 2GB | Intel i5-8500 Six Core (4.1GHz Turbo) | 16GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB SSD | WiFi + Bluetooth | Windows 11 Pro | Refurbished (Good)- 429.49will replace video card(only one that fits) with PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB GDDR5 Low Profile Graphics Card- 111.89total= 541.38Acer Aspire TC-1760 Desktop | 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400 6-Core Processor | 8GB Ram | 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 8X DVD | Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 | Bluetooth 5.2 (1 yr Manufacturer Warranty) (Renewed)- 574.07 https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Rkg9dH was going to give my pc to my parents they are using my much older pc amd 6600kI want a windows 11 compatible pc
  9. I wonder if you have something thats surviving reinstallation, like your BIOS/UEFI is infected? Maybe try reflashing your BIOS.
  10. Dev Home 0.13 is out with improved widgets and new Windows customization by Taras Buria Microsoft has released a new version of the Dev Home app for Windows 10 and 11 users. Version 0.13 includes multiple changes, such as widget improvements, new Windows customization options, accessibility fixes, and more. Changes in version 0.13 include the following: The memory widget now displays utilization percentage Environments are now available in Dev Home, providing the ability to create, manage, and configure Hyper-V VMs and Microsoft Dev Boxes. Files ending in *.winget can now activate the Configuration file flow in Machine Configuration. Windows customization is now available, with options to change File Explorer settings, access Dev Drive insights, and quiet background processes. The extensions page navigation item is now in the navigation footer. When cloning through the Machine Configuration tool, Dev Home can now detect configuration files in the repository. You can now generate a configuration file from the setup flow in Machine Configuration. Small widgets no longer display graphs. When using a configuration file in Dev Home, you can now see a summary view of the file before running it. The update also includes a bunch of accessibility fixes: Narrator should now announce the headings of button groups and repository names within Machine Configuration. Narrator should now announce the titles of the banners. The popular apps pane should now look better in high contrast and Narrator should now read the class name instead of the settings card header in Machine Configuration. Widgets should now look better in high contrast. Narrator should now announce when a widget is removed from the dashboard. Narrator should now announce the name of the Dashboard page. You can now select widget size while now in scan mode. Extensions page should no longer have clipped text. The Learn more link on the Introducing Dev Home page should no longer get cut off. Finally, here are additional bug fixes included in version 0.13: The Add Widget dialog now respects Windows theme changes. The scroll bars no longer overlap page content. Dev Home should no longer crash when attempting to add a repository at certain screen resolutions. You can download Dev Home 0.13 Preview from GitHub. The app is available on systems with Windows 10 and 11.
  11. You know I specifically posted this story and made those comments to see how I would set @docm off. I was not disappointed.
  12. Microsoft reveals some new text editing features that have been put in the Edge web browser by John Callaham Last week, Microsoft released the latest version of its Edge web browser, 124, for all users in the Stable channel. The latest version has quite a few new features, including some new ways for users to edit text inside the browser. In a post on the Microsoft Edge blog, the company says that while modern web browsers like Edge can support things like editing documents, writing code and emails, and more, there have been some limitations to what they can do. However, Microsoft has been working on new text editing features that have found their way to recent Microsoft Edge stable editions. Some of those features have also been made available for Chromium-based browsers as well. Two of the features are exclusive to Edge. One is adding Edge's Compose feature to help rewrite editable text in a document inside the browser with the use of Microsoft's Copilot. Microsoft says: Select a section of text that’s displayed in an editable field and click the Copilot icon to start rewriting that section, by iterating through different AI-generated proposals.You can change the tone, format, or length settings to your needs. Another new feature that's exclusive to Edge is support for Windows Ink for digital writing in places like the browser's address bar, text area and input elements, and areas with the "contenteditable" attribute. Users can do things like delete digital writing by scribbling over words, add or remove spaces between words by drawing vertical lines, and more, Some other text editing features have been recently introduced in both Edge and other Chromium-based browsers. One is the EditContext API, which lets users create their own text editors inside supported browsers. Another recently introduced API now lets users who want to copy and paste HTML formatted text to web apps "to choose when they want to receive the full HTML content, rather than a browser-sanitized version of the HTML." Microsoft says this new API has already solved some issues when cutting and pasting text into the Excel web app. Finally, with the release of Edge 124, there's also the new HTML attribute called "writingsuggestions". It turns off text prediction for any editable part of a web page. While this is an Edge exclusive at the moment, it may appear on other Chromium-based browsers.
  13. yeah that too lol
  14. Nothing surprising, the 1% have gotten theirs for their collection/review. No average Joe in their right mind is paying $3500 for a device they're only going to be using once in a while, especially with how odd it'll make them look in public...
  15. Kaspersky isn't the source... What are you using to backup and where are they located? You say you did fresh install, but then you have a backup... I assume you mean the data, but if you put infected data back onto a clean machine... You need to actually purchase some good antimalware software and not use trial software. EDR is ideal. Crowdstrike is the standard, but there are others. Did you reformat them all at the same time or one by one?
  16. Mindovermaster

Will this system run Windows?

TV's are a lot better at that nowadays. If they can't read it, lower the desktop resolution..
  17. Good Bot, Bad Bot

I understands how it works LOL but browsing the Internet on TV is a horrible experience. Older people have enough of a problem picking out elements on a web page on a computer display right in front of them so good luck on a TV unless it's a 100" model.
  18. Mindovermaster

You could just connect it to the TV, give her a wireless mouse and keyboard, she can sit in her LayZboy and enjoy watching youtube vids..
  19. yep it is and that's why I made the pun cuz when you say it like that "Insyde H2O" you are inside h2o when you take a bath
  20. I prefer Dash-to-Panel myself. I prefer a Windows-style taskbar to a macOS-style dock.
  1. Load more activity