All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. The difference between the Insider and Stable (that break you mentioned) is intentional. It's for accessibility purposes, as it makes it easier to discern between Insider / Stable.
  3. jnelsoninjax

Dolls

There was a little girl who really loved dolls. She had a big collection of them in her bedroom. One day, while she was browsing through a shop on her own, she spotted a really beautiful doll. It would make a perfect addition to her collection. She only hoped she had enough money to buy it. “How much is that doll, ma’am?”, she asked the old woman behind the counter. “This doll is not for sale”, replied the woman. “But it’s so beautiful”, said the girl. “I really want it.” The old woman became irritated. “I told you, it’s not for sale”, she said. “Why not?”, persisted the girl. “Because this doll is cursed!” “Well… That’s OK. I don’t mind.” “I’m not going to sell it to you… But if you really must have it, go ahead and take it. It’s yours. But if something bad happens, don’t blame me.” “Ah! Yes, thank you!” said the girl, smiling as she grabbed the doll and walked out of the shop. The little girl was so delighted to get the doll for free that she ran all the way home, carrying it in her arms. When she got home to her apartment building, she went into the lobby. It was deserted. She stood there waiting for the elevator to arrive. The doors opened and she stepped inside, clutching her new doll tightly. The doors closed, but the elevator did not move. The little girl got scared and began trembling with fear. “OMG”, she thought to herself. “Is this the curse of the doll?” Suddenly, she felt the doll move in her arms. Ever so slowly, its head turned to face her. The little girl wanted to scream but she couldn’t make a sound. The doll’s eyelids fluttered and opened. It stared at her with it’s lifeless glass eyes.
  4. Why does it have lines breaking the design? The main VS icon doesn't, it's one smooth ribbon. I'm all for the new branding they are going for but some consistency please...
  5. I don't really know of any modern smart phones nor have I ever seen a modern smart phone which has direct video out cables. Though I would imagine that there are USB-C to HDMI (or display port) adapters out there that would fit your needs. As far as the USB 2.0, how often do you (or even the modern consumer) transfer things via cable to a phone these days? 99% of my phone's data transfer is done wirelessly. USB 3.0 is not an essential feature on a phone. Lastly, stock android is and has always been my preference. It's predictable, easy to use and not bloated with functionalities or assistants I neither want nor care about. The only other interfaces that have won me over even slightly was the old Android Razer smartphone and HTC (until I got tired of their UI and used a new launcher to switch it to stock Android). Stock android is perfectly usable, and getting security updates and new features faster than any other Android phone is essential to me. If I don't like the UI, I can always change it. But I won't ever have to worry about bloatware from some carrier or OEM clogging up my phone. This is obviously all preference, but to me it just sounds like you're dissing this phone in an effort to justify a likely $800+ phone purchase. If I need to get a new phone anytime soon, I'll be looking at these. $700+ is far too much for a device that sits on my desk inactive for 80% of my day.
  6. MILTON, Fla. (WEAR) — A video on Facebook of a man taking a bath in the kitchen sink of the Wendy's in Milton has gone viral. The video depicts a shoe-less man who appears to be a Wendy's employee take his shirt off and get in the sink that seemed to be in the restaurant. In it, the man sits down all the way as though he's in a bathtub. A girl in the background is encouraging the man to "take a bath, get in there." The man who got inside the sink goes on to say "it's warm" while the girl encourages him to "turn the jets on." The girl continues to encourage the man to "wash his armpits" to which he does. She then hands him what appears to be paper towels. The voice behind the camera then says to him "let's see them toes." In the end of the video, the camera briefly flips to front camera mode where you can see a girl who appears to be in a Wendy's uniform smiling. According to the person who posted the video to Facebook, this occurred at the Wendy's in Milton. The company that owns the Milton Wendy’s franchise, Carlisle, issued a statement to Channel 3 News: STATEMENT We are taking this incident seriously and it is obviously totally unacceptable. This was a prank by a person who no longer works at this restaurant, and who clearly did not use good judgment. We are taking this opportunity to reinforce our very strict quality procedures with our restaurant team. – Mike Johnson, Marketing Director of Carlisle. The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation tells Channel 3 News it launched an immediate inspection of the Wendy’s Wednesday afternoon, after receiving numerous consumer complaints following the video. The DBPR sent us the inspection report, indicating only one violation it does not consider major which is some food items in unproperly labeled containers. Here’s the full report. We spoke to some potential customers that were about to eat lunch at Wendy’s and showed them the video. Some described the video as disgusting and changed their lunch plans. “When you deal with food or food service it is serious business people can get sick,” one man told us. We spoke with Terrance Malden, who says he’s a former manager at a different Wendy’s location, he also found the video disturbing. “I'm outraged, why would you videotape a young man doing something incredibly stupid,” Malden said. He said he hopes it teaches a lesson to anyone working in the service industry about the ramifications of something like this. "I was shocked at the behavior. I was, If he was my son, I would be embarrassed as being a parent,” Malden said. It remains unclear what, if any, actions were taken against the other employees seen on the video. We spoke to the Milton Police Department who tell us they have not opened any criminal investigation on the matter. Source+Video
  7. Video over cable - not a feature I've used - ever. (Therefore a non-factor.) Notification LED - can be worked around (in fact, LineageOS - which is AOSP - has a designed-in workaround for it). There's a LOT more to Pixel devices than the camera (in fact, the camera has exactly nothing to do with why I want one).
  8. MS: Are you comfy with this icon?, then sorry for you but this icon is a year old (a whole year) and it must be changed.
  9. TrekRich - you can still run AOSP - just as you can with any Pixel. If anything, with wider availability, the number of AOSP ROMs will increase - not drop. In fact, my going 3a XL will let me scratch that device-maintainer bug I had from my own Galaxy Nexus days. (Unless you're on Verizon Wireless, you don't have to run vanilla.)
  10. You could, but why. The issue isn't the products, the prducts are great. The issue is that they must comply with any law(s) from the government of china. This could include (but not limited too) data submission/collection, injection of any code they should choose in updates, down to outright (worst case scenario) shut down of systems in the event of china/usa conflict be it trade wars or actual war. True but also NSA is fully active and working.
  11. How are the US going to win 5G? Five companies sell 5G radio hardware and 5G systems for carriers: Huawei, ZTE, Nokia, Samsung, and Ericsson, The business is in infrastructure, not smartphones and CISCO is who is bullying Huawei.
  12. NickEclipse

1903 v145 and SoundBlaster Z

Issue persists for me. Thanks to Nogib for posting that subreddit by the way.
  13. NickEclipse

1903 v145 and SoundBlaster Z

I'm the guy on Reddit with the issues. Two guys I have spoken with, one with a Z like mine, another with a ZxR report no issues. I wrote so much stuff on that Reddit, I don't need to repeat anything here. But I created an account just to say I subbed to the Insider Release Previews and I'm installing and testing the updates to see if these fix my particular issue. I'll get back when done. I agree on the fact drivers for that line are long overdue. I guess it didn't sell well? Less and less people get external Sound Cards these days, except audio enthusiasts, and then there's more competition to Creative now than ever. That would explain their lack of motivation and/or ressources to develop as many drivers' updates as they otherwise could. If that makes sense.
  14. If you're outside the US like I am and want to watch Hulu or Netflix US, PIA has blocked all their IPs. No fix in sight as of yet.
  15. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Right like if someone is uploading a big file it'll start to slow down what everyone is watching. Yeah I appreciate the question for sure, thanks! Yeah right now between everyone a Microsoft Word document for school or some photos taken on the phone uploaded to the store we get photos printed are par for the course for uploading. Now that certainly could change with interests in the house and would be something to think about then.
  16. Raptor tidbits
  17. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

If it is too low and everyone is streaming etc, it will affect download speed, maybe where you're from it is generally alot higher than in the UK so you will probably be ok but it is an important valid question and I wouldn't signup without knowing it.
  18. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

I'm not sure but upload speed is not something critical for our needs.
  19. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

There must be an upload speed provided, who's the provider?
  20. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

All my provider says is that 400Mbps is better for a "bigger household" whatever that means. No one downloads huge files expect for buying a game every now and then and that's not a critical thing such as just being able to have internet service. We're mostly web surfers and TV streamers and video gaming on the weekends in our house.
  21. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

What is the upload of those packages?
  22. Stokkolm

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Yup, I would agree. I get away with more devices than that on a 15Mbps connection. The only problem that I really have is relatively long downloads of games. Hoping to get an upgrade soon. We're on DSL and maxed out, but they're trenching fiber to the house next week!
  23. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? You can copy the contents to a folder and upgrade. But yeah, good point. Ironically, burning a DVD is actually preferable to making a flash drive for this build. Way to go BACKWARDS Microsoft!!! But how would that work on most modern machines, even if there is a optical drive installed? My Blue-ray writer only work in legacy mode from the bios. i suppose it will work ok if you don't boot from the DVD drive and just use it to store the update on for updating and not a clean install. I may try that, just to see, easy enough to my computer back to it original state as i have image back up and i am having a lazy day today as I don't feel 100%. Yeah, I meant for doing an upgrade, a DVD would be preferable. For doing a clean install, USB flash drives work fine. Takes a long time on DVD. Then mount the iso for an upgrade. Oh yes i could have done that, i was just having a muck around since i had very little to do today apart from a bit of gardening and that was a spur of the moment thing. If I decide to update to it again I will do that, but the few problems i had I think I will leave alone. I was not going to bother to be honest, but a lazy day and I have my machine backed up if anything went wrong.
  24. Nevermind. I take back what I said. I was going to preorder this but I just learned it uses Denuvo. Denuvo = no buy. No exceptions. I still value my rights as a consumer. Note: This is NOT a criticism of Epic, it is a criticism of the publisher of Heavy Rain. Most games on Epic use either far less intrusive forms of DRM or none at all.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?