All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A problem when 95% of your contacts use it too though. I stopped using SMS just under a year ago and now pretty much use WhatsApp for everything. If Apple weren't so protective over iMessage, they could have taken most people who use WhatsApp.
  3. Do people even use status' anymore? Mine has been the same since I signed up.
  4. It’s a shame that it’s done this, as their network is crap.
  5. already left years ago, i wanted out before this rubbish started!
  6. Engadget's hi-res photo looks like the notch is here to stay for quite some time. [img]https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-u...7f0-11e9-afc7-b83743433ff6[/img]
  7. I encourage it. Seriously. The more Facebook tries to bind itself to WhatsApp, the more people will move away from WhatsApp.
  8. Today
  9. Happy to wait until this is perfected. A small bezel at the top was never a problem for me. Feels like the notch and all other designs are just trying to solve a problem we never really had.
  10. WhatsApp statuses could soon be shared to Facebook Stories and other services by Boyd Chan Towards the start of this year, reports emerged with respect to Mark Zuckerberg's intent to integrate the messaging platforms powering WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook. Since then, it also came to light that Facebook might also be moving the Messenger experience back into its core app, at least in part, according to reverse engineering expert Jane Manchun Wong who speculated that the move was for "preparing integrated messaging". While further news on inter-service messaging is yet to drop, it seems that Facebook has been testing a new feature that enables users to share their WhatsApp status to Facebook. At present, WhatsApp users can set a status using a combination of text, images, and video that persist for 24 hours before disappearing in a similar fashion to how Instagram Stories operates. In test builds for WhatsApp rolling out today, users can share their status to Facebook or other apps courtesy of new options in the user interface. In discussion with The Verge, WhatsApp advised that there is nothing happening behind the scenes that tie Facebook and WhatsApp accounts together, merely taking advantage of the data-sharing APIs that exist in iOS and Android to make the function work. Furthermore, WhatsApp made mention that the posts on the two services will exist as distinct entities and without linkage. The company will also stop short of providing an automatic means to push a status from WhatsApp to other services, saying that it wants users to actively decide when the feature is invoked. While this may seem to be a fairly benign feature, WhatsApp may be stressing how data is shared with or pushed to Facebook for good reason. After it declared that it would begin sharing user information with Facebook, WhatsApp faced concerns and opposition from regulators across a number of countries, including Germany, as well as the European Commission itself which later imposed a fine of €110 million ($122 million). Of course, it remains to be seen if the status sharing feature ultimately makes its way into mainstream builds of WhatsApp.
  11. BudMan

Forgotten pin number to access iPhone. How to access?

holy ######! This was in current - someone else must of replied to it.. Ooops! thanks for the catch - but point is still valid.. He was just as bad at passwords back in 2014 as he seems to be now 5 years later
  12. Circaflex

Forgotten pin number to access iPhone. How to access?

Holy thread resurrection. Budman, you're replying to a post from 2014! LOL
  13. Wonder how many cities Russia and China leveled with nukes. Also kind of curious to know the number of illegal wars they have going on right now. How many coups? How many military bases? How many civilian deaths? How many brainwashed fools spouting propaganda... So because Russia/China didn't nuke anyone in WWII, they're better? Russia never staged a coup? There are famous examples you should probably go look at. Meanwhile, Hong Kong is protesting in the millions regarding a bill that would allow people to be extradited back to China... There is also talk that they feel they are being ruled by China by proxy for that matter. I wonder what they're so peeved about lol. Civilian deaths... man, China is basically slave labour. The biggest criticisms I see about Trump's whole deal with tariffs is also that prices will go up. These so called "China sympathizers" basically just want cheap products. They don't really care about the lives involved here, let's be honest. They just don't want to see their smartphone go up another $100. Brainwashed? Well, that's the masses of all countries. Social media allowing idiocy to spread like a wildfire is to blame, coupled with Russian agents for example who seek (and succeeded) in further dividing the US and other countries. The US is not innocent by any means, but let's cut the crap, yeah? Besides, even let's say you persuaded me that the US is the most evil country on the planet... Why then are the same people who make these sort of arguments also the same people telling us we need to ban guns and restrict freedom of speech? Like.. if the government really is as bad as they say, shouldn't we continue to seek value in our freedoms to protect ourselves? I dunno. I'm getting long-winded here, but these are honest questions that I have. Forget the bias, give me an argument that makes sense and maybe I'll agree with you lol. Right now, I'm just not buying it. China is basically an imperialist power; besides crushing freedoms in Hong Kong, they're also squashing independence movements in Tibet and Xinjiang province, branding Uighur separatists in Xinjiang who want independence as Muslim terrorists and putting them in re-education camps, and still claiming they own Taiwan. At any rate, there were Americans during the days of the Soviet Union who also said they compared favorably to the US and those critical of the USSR were spouting American propaganda, all the while they repeated Soviet propaganda. That's where the term modern use of the term "useful idiot" comes from. There were fools then, and there are fools now. That argument doesn't wash today, the US was a different nation back in the Soviet days, the US is far less trusted around the world today then it was back then and has far less respect from around the world. Beside, this isn't about us liking China actions or not but more about looking at US actions and seeing that they are not much better if better at all and in reality, an alternative to both the US and China would be great because both of them are too controlling with their power games around the world. Its also perfectly okay to be critical of US policy but see China as far worse. I'm not sure what trust has to do with it -- or perceptions of trust, anyway, because I don't quite agree with the argument that in actual reality people trust China the same, it just looks that way. Objectively speaking, the US is engaged in a lot less shady stuff than in the Cold War era -- which is when the US backed a coup in Iran, made arms sales to Contras, cooperated with a South Vietnamese government which was corrupt and tortured political prisoners. Even then, the US was comparatively much better than the Soviet Union. And today, the US is better than China, or Iran, or Russia. (And I actually think Russia is the least important of the three to be worried about, because I think they just want to be left alone, while the other two powers have more imperial ambitions) The issue isn't questioning and criticizing US policy, its the false moral equivalences. People supporting China or any of the other countries would deeply regret it if they had the same power the US did. Europe btw is much more on the side of the US than it seems. In any real crisis, they're going to side in the US. Part of what's happened since the end of the Cold War, is n response to a unipolar world with the US as the lone superpower, Europe tried to stake out its own position of power, and so they've tried to carve out a neutral position. Second, the Internet allows a lot more views to get out, and lot of people in the West who accept that the US is not honest also end up not being able to recognize propaganda from authoritarian states. A lot of times people are accepting counter-narratives that are more than misleading but complete BS. They distrust pro-US sources, but completely trust pro-Iran sources, for instance. A lot of the anti-US stuff some people believe today is misleading or wrong. Which doesn't mean the US has been a perfect actor, just that people's perspectives are skewed because of politics. You couldn't possibly be that serious... China may not be what people in the West would like but remind us again how many countries have been destroyed by China in the last 20 years? How many people have died as a consequence of the lies told by the Chinese to invade and destroy other countries? Just compare the actions of the Chinese government in Africa against that of the US for a starter! There is nothing misleading here, the US lied to the world on purpose and illegally invaded Iraq and as a consequence over a million people are dead and several million more have no prospect of a future because their countries have been obliterated, Libya was the richest nation in Africa and now it's a place where slaves are being sold on the street, Afghanistan isn't that much better, Syria? And now they're trying to do the same to Iran and Venezuela! How many more countries are people willing to let be destroyed and how many people must die until enough is enough? China didn't lie to the world and went around bombing and killing other people under false pretences! The US deserves every bit criticism it gets! Yes, I am serious; this is what I mean by people believing anti-US narratives without questioning them. I think a big portion of what you're saying is an inaccurate gloss meant to depict the US as a big bad guy. Its one thing to criticize the US for getting involved in wars that you think make the worlds problems worse, but the US is not roaming around the world invading people for no good reason, and then you're even excusing all of the Middle Eastern leaders as if they had no role in death and destruction in the Middle East themselves (its just America's fault), ignoring (or don't know) that now Iran's army is right now terrorizing and massacring Sunnis in Iraqi and Syria (this is why Trump designated the IRGC a terrorist group, besides its ties to Hezbollah), promoting the idea the US is in a plot to invade Iran and Venezuela. In the process, you're minimizing China's bad treatment of people in its territories, engagement in economic warfare and debt-traps, and diplomatic role in protecting bad actors who are sponsoring terrorism. Myself, I believe US policy has been far too interventionist and in many cases has caused more harm than its helped. But the countries we at odds with internationally, we're at odds with for a reason.
  14. OPPO previews the future of its phones during MWC with its "under-screen camera" by Timi Cantisano Last week, OPPO teased its under-screen camera (USC), giving us a glimpse into the future. Today, the firm revealed the technology in full during Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 taking place over the next few days in Shanghai. Over the past few years, we have seen many different companies, create solutions in order to try and maximize screen real estate on smartphones. So far, we have seen notches, hole punches, pop-up cameras, and even swivel cameras. But what is being shown off by OPPO at MWC, many would consider being the "holy grail", offering a full-screen display without compromise. OPPO is able to achieve this look by making use of a custom camera module, which is placed underneath a special translucent material. There is also some software being employed that removes any haze that might be present, applies HDR, and improves white balance. Despite all of this technology being in place, it looks like finer details still look like they need to be ironed out. At present, it remains unclear as to when exactly this technology will ultimately find its way into a retail device, with OPPO simply stating that it will arrive sometime "in the near future".
  15. Wonder how many cities Russia and China leveled with nukes. Also kind of curious to know the number of illegal wars they have going on right now. How many coups? How many military bases? How many civilian deaths? How many brainwashed fools spouting propaganda... So because Russia/China didn't nuke anyone in WWII, they're better? Russia never staged a coup? There are famous examples you should probably go look at. Meanwhile, Hong Kong is protesting in the millions regarding a bill that would allow people to be extradited back to China... There is also talk that they feel they are being ruled by China by proxy for that matter. I wonder what they're so peeved about lol. Civilian deaths... man, China is basically slave labour. The biggest criticisms I see about Trump's whole deal with tariffs is also that prices will go up. These so called "China sympathizers" basically just want cheap products. They don't really care about the lives involved here, let's be honest. They just don't want to see their smartphone go up another $100. Brainwashed? Well, that's the masses of all countries. Social media allowing idiocy to spread like a wildfire is to blame, coupled with Russian agents for example who seek (and succeeded) in further dividing the US and other countries. The US is not innocent by any means, but let's cut the crap, yeah? Besides, even let's say you persuaded me that the US is the most evil country on the planet... Why then are the same people who make these sort of arguments also the same people telling us we need to ban guns and restrict freedom of speech? Like.. if the government really is as bad as they say, shouldn't we continue to seek value in our freedoms to protect ourselves? I dunno. I'm getting long-winded here, but these are honest questions that I have. Forget the bias, give me an argument that makes sense and maybe I'll agree with you lol. Right now, I'm just not buying it. China is basically an imperialist power; besides crushing freedoms in Hong Kong, they're also squashing independence movements in Tibet and Xinjiang province, branding Uighur separatists in Xinjiang who want independence as Muslim terrorists and putting them in re-education camps, and still claiming they own Taiwan. At any rate, there were Americans during the days of the Soviet Union who also said they compared favorably to the US and those critical of the USSR were spouting American propaganda, all the while they repeated Soviet propaganda. That's where the term modern use of the term "useful idiot" comes from. There were fools then, and there are fools now. That argument doesn't wash today, the US was a different nation back in the Soviet days, the US is far less trusted around the world today then it was back then and has far less respect from around the world. Beside, this isn't about us liking China actions or not but more about looking at US actions and seeing that they are not much better if better at all and in reality, an alternative to both the US and China would be great because both of them are too controlling with their power games around the world. Its also perfectly okay to be critical of US policy but see China as far worse. I'm not sure what trust has to do with it -- or perceptions of trust, anyway, because I don't quite agree with the argument that in actual reality people trust China the same, it just looks that way. Objectively speaking, the US is engaged in a lot less shady stuff than in the Cold War era -- which is when the US backed a coup in Iran, made arms sales to Contras, cooperated with a South Vietnamese government which was corrupt and tortured political prisoners. Even then, the US was comparatively much better than the Soviet Union. And today, the US is better than China, or Iran, or Russia. (And I actually think Russia is the least important of the three to be worried about, because I think they just want to be left alone, while the other two powers have more imperial ambitions) The issue isn't questioning and criticizing US policy, its the false moral equivalences. People supporting China or any of the other countries would deeply regret it if they had the same power the US did. Europe btw is much more on the side of the US than it seems. In any real crisis, they're going to side in the US. Part of what's happened since the end of the Cold War, is n response to a unipolar world with the US as the lone superpower, Europe tried to stake out its own position of power, and so they've tried to carve out a neutral position. Second, the Internet allows a lot more views to get out, and lot of people in the West who accept that the US is not honest also end up not being able to recognize propaganda from authoritarian states. A lot of times people are accepting counter-narratives that are more than misleading but complete BS. They distrust pro-US sources, but completely trust pro-Iran sources, for instance. A lot of the anti-US stuff some people believe today is misleading or wrong. Which doesn't mean the US has been a perfect actor, just that people's perspectives are skewed because of politics. You couldn't possibly be that serious... China may not be what people in the West would like but remind us again how many countries have been destroyed by China in the last 20 years? How many people have died as a consequence of the lies told by the Chinese to invade and destroy other countries? Just compare the actions of the Chinese government in Africa against that of the US for a starter! There is nothing misleading here, the US lied to the world on purpose and illegally invaded Iraq and as a consequence over a million people are dead and several million more have no prospect of a future because their countries have been obliterated, Libya was the richest nation in Africa and now it's a place where slaves are being sold on the street, Afghanistan isn't that much better, Syria? And now they're trying to do the same to Iran and Venezuela! How many more countries are people willing to let be destroyed and how many people must die until enough is enough? China didn't lie to the world and went around bombing and killing other people under false pretences! The US deserves every bit criticism it gets!
  16. Hands-on with nubia's latest gaming phone, the Red Magic 3 by João Carrasqueira Gaming smartphones only really became a thing when Razer launched the Razer Phone in 2017, making waves with its 120Hz refresh rate display and otherwise high-power specs. But Razer's move inspired a few other companies to start making their own. ASUS has the ROG Phone, Xiaomi funded the Black Shark brand, and nubia came up with Red Magic. The third iteration of the Red Magic series was released to the world last month, and it stood out from the pack because nubia actually built a fan into the phone. Smartphones, even the gaming-dedicated ones, rely on passive cooling (granted, the ROG Phone did have an accessory that included a fan), so this was a very interesting move from the Chinese company. I've had the Red Magic 3 for about a day, and these are my initial thoughts. The first thing I noticed when I picked up the Red Magic 3 was how massive it is. It's not bulky or anything - it's actually fairly slim - but that massive 6.65-inch display is not easy to get a hold of. I've been getting a little more used to it, but I constantly feel like I have to use the phone with two hands at all times. That's not just because it's hard to reach both sides of the screen, but because so much of the phone's body isn't directly on my palm, it feels like it could just tip over and fall from my hand. The sheer size of the phone also makes it hard to get to the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and I often need to move my hand unnaturally to reach it. The upside to that size is that you get this gigantic AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate which is fantastic for games. I don't have the keenest eye, but scrolling and playing games feel incredibly smooth. Something as simple as opening the menus in Pokémon GO feels like a whole different thing now just because of how smoothly the animations play out. The gaming focus is evident on the Red Magic 3. Up on the left side of the phone is a toggle, and at first, I thought it was a mute switch, like the one on the OnePlus 7 Pro or the iPhone. It turns out this is the "game key" or "competitive button" - nubia's nomenclature isn't really consistent. Toggling this on takes you into a gaming-dedicated environment when you can see the games installed on your phone and adjust a variety of settings. You can adjust the fan speed settings, screen refresh rate, and RGB lighting for the strip on the back of the phone. It also makes the Android navigation buttons disappear completely, and swiping from the bottom of the screen instead brings up a quick control panel with gaming settings. It lets you adjust the brightness, turn the fan on or off, change performance modes, and so on. nubia seems to be taking its gaming focus seriously here. Other gaming features here include touch-sensitive triggers on the side of the phone, which let you remap game buttons to the triggers so you don't have to block your screen. The fingerprint sensor can also double as a third trigger for some games, which is an interesting idea. On the other side of the phone, there's a custom connector, which is meant to be used with nubia's Magic Adapter. I wasn't sent this accessory, but it adds USB Type-C, Ethernet, and 3.5mm headphone ports, so you can get the most out of your gaming experience. Speaking of accessories, there's also the Pro Handle, which adds an analog stick and some buttons to your phone, if you prefer physical controls. Again, nubia didn't send me this, so I won't be able to review it. Beyond gaming, the Red Magic 3 is pretty good for media consumption in general, with two front-facing speakers that can get really loud. I feel like it's probably not the loudest on the market, but it's the loudest I've heard, which is great. As for media capture, there's only one camera on the back, which seems lackluster for a phone in 2019. It is, however, Sony's IMX586 48MP sensor, so there's some potential for good shots. My initial experience with it has been a bit hit and miss, but I can't say I dislike the camera so far. I didn't mention the specs so far because, as you'd expect from a gaming-oriented phone, the Red Magic 3 has top-of-the-line hardware. A Snapdragon 855 with a fan to keep things cool should be pretty good, and the phone has up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage - though I got the base 8GB/128GB model. I'll be testing the Red Magic 3 more extensively over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for the full review to know just how well nubia has done with its latest gaming phone.
  17. If only they focused on reliability and quality of DisplayPort connections besides bumping bandwidth to push higher resolution. I've always faced issues with DisplayPort: monitor blanking issues after resuming from sleep, touchscreen functionality broken in a combination of 1 touchscreen, another non-touchscreen display, choppy audio. I don't know - some of them might be GPU or Windows issues. To troubleshoot problems with it is also so hard. Whereas for exact same setup connected via analog antiquated VGA, I had no issues. The DisplayPort-certified cables and accessories are also expensive compared to regular non-certified cables. And we really need WiGig-based DisplayPort that doesn't require a router or proprietary dock (some standard like MiraCast but based on WiGig).
  18. Wrong thread. This is Edge, not Windows... Nope, not wrong thread. It's Edge that is causing the problem.
  19. The actual external display will probably have features to prevent burn-in, this just helps the laptop save power by only having to send what's changed. So this basically only helps the gpu. if, say 10% of the screen is not receiving an image update, this basically helps burn-in.
  20. Doesn't work for me since I own my phone and am not in contract
  21. I used this and converted Canadian dollars to pounds and i'm over paying by 28 pounds lol Then Again everyone in Canada is over paying for their phone
  22. Not at all. Usually it’s the other way around with stuff like this.
  23. Yeah I’m sure that’s why. No way that it would be because they aren’t synced with Chrome’s release cycle, are downloading Chromium builds at a different pace, and aren’t developing at the same speed as Google.
  24. Wonder how many cities Russia and China leveled with nukes. Also kind of curious to know the number of illegal wars they have going on right now. How many coups? How many military bases? How many civilian deaths? How many brainwashed fools spouting propaganda... So because Russia/China didn't nuke anyone in WWII, they're better? Russia never staged a coup? There are famous examples you should probably go look at. Meanwhile, Hong Kong is protesting in the millions regarding a bill that would allow people to be extradited back to China... There is also talk that they feel they are being ruled by China by proxy for that matter. I wonder what they're so peeved about lol. Civilian deaths... man, China is basically slave labour. The biggest criticisms I see about Trump's whole deal with tariffs is also that prices will go up. These so called "China sympathizers" basically just want cheap products. They don't really care about the lives involved here, let's be honest. They just don't want to see their smartphone go up another $100. Brainwashed? Well, that's the masses of all countries. Social media allowing idiocy to spread like a wildfire is to blame, coupled with Russian agents for example who seek (and succeeded) in further dividing the US and other countries. The US is not innocent by any means, but let's cut the crap, yeah? Besides, even let's say you persuaded me that the US is the most evil country on the planet... Why then are the same people who make these sort of arguments also the same people telling us we need to ban guns and restrict freedom of speech? Like.. if the government really is as bad as they say, shouldn't we continue to seek value in our freedoms to protect ourselves? I dunno. I'm getting long-winded here, but these are honest questions that I have. Forget the bias, give me an argument that makes sense and maybe I'll agree with you lol. Right now, I'm just not buying it. China is basically an imperialist power; besides crushing freedoms in Hong Kong, they're also squashing independence movements in Tibet and Xinjiang province, branding Uighur separatists in Xinjiang who want independence as Muslim terrorists and putting them in re-education camps, and still claiming they own Taiwan. At any rate, there were Americans during the days of the Soviet Union who also said they compared favorably to the US and those critical of the USSR were spouting American propaganda, all the while they repeated Soviet propaganda. That's where the term modern use of the term "useful idiot" comes from. There were fools then, and there are fools now. That argument doesn't wash today, the US was a different nation back in the Soviet days, the US is far less trusted around the world today then it was back then and has far less respect from around the world. Beside, this isn't about us liking China actions or not but more about looking at US actions and seeing that they are not much better if better at all and in reality, an alternative to both the US and China would be great because both of them are too controlling with their power games around the world. Its also perfectly okay to be critical of US policy but see China as far worse. I'm not sure what trust has to do with it -- or perceptions of trust, anyway, because I don't quite agree with the argument that in actual reality people trust China the same, it just looks that way. Objectively speaking, the US is engaged in a lot less shady stuff than in the Cold War era -- which is when the US backed a coup in Iran, made arms sales to Contras, cooperated with a South Vietnamese government which was corrupt and tortured political prisoners. Even then, the US was comparatively much better than the Soviet Union. And today, the US is better than China, or Iran, or Russia. (And I actually think Russia is the least important of the three to be worried about, because I think they just want to be left alone, while the other two powers have more imperial ambitions) The issue isn't questioning and criticizing US policy, its the false moral equivalences. People supporting China or any of the other countries would deeply regret it if they had the same power the US did. Europe btw is much more on the side of the US than it seems. In any real crisis, they're going to side in the US. Part of what's happened since the end of the Cold War, is n response to a unipolar world with the US as the lone superpower, Europe tried to stake out its own position of power, and so they've tried to carve out a neutral position. Second, the Internet allows a lot more views to get out, and lot of people in the West who accept that the US is not honest also end up not being able to recognize propaganda from authoritarian states. A lot of times people are accepting counter-narratives that are more than misleading but complete BS. They distrust pro-US sources, but completely trust pro-Iran sources, for instance. A lot of the anti-US stuff some people believe today is misleading or wrong. Which doesn't mean the US has been a perfect actor, just that people's perspectives are skewed because of politics.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?