All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ya, I love my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. All be it my toilet tablet. Was going to install a custom rom but they locked the bootloader so that sucks. After I debloated it and turned on airplane mode and then enable Wifi, I can get about 16 days out of it on a full charge as a toilet tablet
  3. At least Tesla's don't roll stop signs like humans do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlThdr3O5Qo
  4. This is why I love Samsung Pay. Works whenever stores try to do this crap. it's a nice concept but the question is how long Samsung will continue to include the special chip required to make it function in their devices. they seem to limit it to flagship devices (S range) now; they even removed it from the latest Galaxy watch for some reason and just left normal NFC Yeah, once the old swipe terminals are phased out, won't be an issue, but I run into a lot of place that have the chip readers, WITH a sign taped over them that says "swipe only" because whoever owns the business hasn't updated, or the bank software or whatever won't work with the chip readers.
  5. Interesting. I've got a Gear S3 Frontier, OnePlus 6T...never had an issue.
  6. Today
  7. Hope they don't start that program in my city. I like living.
  8. I'm surprised there aren't more manufacturers who make super large tablet.
  9. Elon's been smoking too much weed this morning...
  10. Tesla wants to launch a "Robotaxi" service by next year by João Carrasqueira Today, Tesla held its Autonomy Day presentation, where the company discussed many of its efforts in self-driving technologies. The company announced that its new Full Self-Driving (FSD) Computer is now being built into every Tesla model right out of the factory, and it promises to be more capable than any other system of its kind that's currently available. Along with that, the company has announced plans to launch a "Robotaxi" service sometime next year. As you can infer from the name, Robotaxi will be a ride-hailing service, similar to the likes of Uber and Lyft, but it will be powered by self-driving vehicles alone. Anyone who owns a Tesla can choose to share their car for this purpose, but the company itself will also provide a fleet of cars for areas where there might not be enough customers to share rides. Tesla would also take between 25% and 30% of the revenue from rides. This service would be enabled by the aforementioned FSD computer, which is capable of providing full autonomy in driving without requiring a human driver. The missing element, for now, is software, which still has to catch up with the capabilities of the system. Musk claims that the software should be ready to handle full self-driving scenarios sometime next year. "From our standpoint, if you fast forward a year, maybe a year and three months, but next year for sure, we’ll have over a million robotaxis on the road", Musk said, adding that the fleet can come alive with a simple software update. The CEO of Tesla did note, however, that availability for the service would be dependent on regulatory approval in different regions, so it won't be available everywhere right off the bat. Musk is also known for being overconfident in his predictions, so it remains to be seen just how soon people will actually start being able to use the Robotaxi service. Nonetheless, Tesla isn't the only company gearing up to provide fully autonomous rides to users. Alphabet's Waymo has been testing a similar service in some parts of the United States. Source: TechCrunch
  11. Thanks for the warning. That’s what my laptop has. I just checked and our T7200 and T6500 devices are on the latest version, the 1809 update may have been held for some systems, but it probably has to do with a GPU driver issue. (Which also is not a common issue, and if you grab drivers from the Windows Update Catalog for things like the ATI/AMD 4xxx series mobile GPUs it works just fine.)
  12. "or one thing, Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 8cx chip - which promises the performance of a U-series Core i5 - isn't on the list." Ok, stop - this list is not comprehensive. I promise that Windows 10 1903 runs on the Snapdragon 808 and 810, and they are not on the list either. The way NT and its HAL works with Snapdragon, it is already going to work on the new Snapdragon CPU, even without adjustments to optimize the HAL for the CPU specifically (and these would be tiny). ** As for other CPUs - the way you are presenting this list is scaring people. You need to clarify better that little has changed. ** This conversation about NT and how the HAL works reminds me of a conversation a colleague had with Paul Thurrott. He wrote a couple of articles saying that NT on ARM would be a mess, and stated that it was because of the HAL in NT, which is the exact opposite. The HAL makes running on ARM or any other architecture MUCH EASIER. The HAL in NT allows NT and Windows to be hardware agnostic (not caring about hardware) with 99.999% of the hardware specific optimizations happening in the HAL, and not having to be recoded or redesigned in NT or Windows itself. Paul T. never did 'get it' at the time, although I think he probably knows better by now, I hope. As an example, the way NT runs on a wide range of CPUs changes only in the HAL implementation, along with binaries compiled specifically for the architecture. This is why ARM binaries from a build that had no concept of an 'older' or 'newer' or 'different' CPU architecture can run unless the compiler itself adds CPU specific optimizations to the code for a major difference in that hardware architecture. This base concept is how and why external hackers/developers can take Windows 10 for ARM, and run it on older and difference CPU designs like the Snapdragon 808, without modification beyond drivers differences. All without having access to the source code or recompiling any part of Windows/NT itself.
  13. Samsung Galaxy View 2 renders shown off in a new leak, featuring a 17.5-inch display by Jay Bonggolto Since the original Galaxy View tablet was launched on Verizon in early 2016, Samsung has yet to unveil a new version of that device. Those who have been waiting for its successor might not have to wait longer as renders of the Galaxy View 2 have been leaked, courtesy of SamMobile, indicating an imminent launch. The renders show a more compact model with a supposedly 17.5-inch display, which is slightly smaller than the 18.4-inch screen of its predecessor. Unlike the original version which lies flat when folded, the new Galaxy View features an improved hinge that enables the device to lie at a 30-degree angle. This design is supposed to make it easier and more convenient to type on the tablet when it is placed on a tablet or on your lap. The device can also stand upright when unfolded, propped up by the built-in kickstand at an angle conducive to watching videos or making video calls. It is also noticeable that the handle found in the original version is a no-show on the Galaxy View 2. Official specs of the tablet remain under wraps, but it is expected to be powered by an Exynos 7885 CPU paired with 3GB of RAM. Unlike its Verizon-exclusive predecessor, the Galaxy View 2 in question is believed to be available on AT&T when it is released. A Wi-Fi model is also supposed to be in tow, though there's no word whether an unlocked variant will be available to other countries. Source: SamMobile
  14. Mobius Enigma

Microsoft's tabbed interface feature, Sets, is probably dead

Windows 95 was one of the first OSes that used the 'tab' metaphor for the entire OS navigation. Look at the Taskbar - it is a list of 'tabs'. The reason Microsoft resisted the idea for IE was that Windows was already doing 'tabs' on the taskbar, and moving them into the browser seemed REALLY STUPID TO THEM. IT WAS AND STILL IS...
  15. Mobius Enigma

Microsoft's Surface Book 2 gets a $200 permanent price cut

At first glance, this all sounds great, but in reality, the numbers do not match... 1) CPU - The performance difference between the U and the HQ CPUs is less than 10%, and in single thread operation it is around 2-4%. Now consider that the power and thermal requirements on the HQ's that have the 10% performance advantage, they are 45w chips and the U is a 15w chip. This is massive in a portable device, especially considering the Surface tablets are able to do this now with passive cooling on the i5s. There is NO reason to use the HQ CPUs right now. 2) Dropping the GPU to a much slower specification to match the CPU is insane. When in tablet mode, the Surface Book 2 uses the Intel GPU, which is in the same class as a MX250, and more capable technically. 3) 1920x1280? I have only seen 1920x1200 screens. I can almost agree with this. Microsoft specifically went with 1800x1200 to give the device a 1.5 screen ratio. 4) USB-C - this I agree with, except 'Thunderbolt'. It is worthless on devices like this. Even now with 'tricks like dual Thunderbolt' the best external GPU options are maxed out in the Geforce 1060 and RX 580 range, due to the huge increase of CPU/GPU communication in modern games and the bandwidth limitations of Thunderbolt. Outside of the 'GPU Con' - with networking and file storage, the need to have a faster connection than USB 3 is just not common, especially in the consumer segment. 5) Agree on the Studio - although the performance of Studio is well done making it a fast and smooth device for creation. When it comes to actual rendering work, is where it hits a wall, although it is becoming more common for designers to have render servers or render services. Microsoft has said they agree the Surface Studio should not be tied to the configuration they sell, and it is expected that the new models will be modular and also ship as a screen/digitizer configuration to work with existing desktops.
  16. Sprint and AT&T reach settlement over the latter's fake 5G branding by Jay Bonggolto After filing a lawsuit against AT&T in February of this year over its misleading 5G branding on smartphones, Sprint has finally reached a settlement with its rival. Both network carriers confirmed to Dallas Business Journal that they have settled the case. However, their agreement does not seem to involve forbidding AT&T from using the 5G Evolution branding in its marketing campaigns moving forward. AT&T started putting a 5GE label on 4G phones late last year, a move that drew flak from its major rivals Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. That marketing stunt ended in a legal battle between Sprint and AT&T after the former accused the latter of misleading consumers into believing they were connecting to a real 5G network. AT&T's claimed 5GE, which was launched in early 2017 and later rolled out in Indianapolis in July 2017, was actually nothing more than a rebranding of its 4G LTE Advanced and LTE Advanced Pro networks. In March, it was found that AT&T's proclaimed 5G network was not as fast as its competitors' 4G based on a network speed test conducted by OpenSignal. Terms of the settlement between the two companies remain a mystery for now and both firms have yet to issue a statement. Source: Dallas Business Journal
  17. cork1958

FileZilla 3.42.0 Beta 1

I don't know about "best", because I've never had a reason to not use it. It isn't fancy, but it is very effective. Exactly
  18. The ugly part of it all is... how MANY of us here were asking these sort of questions? I remember reading Neowinians including myself talking about pocket lint or sand/dirt caught between the folded screens, but then to think none of that got tested?? I just don't get it... Here's hoping by 2020, they show off the Galaxy Fold doing 100,000 folds in a manufactured sandstorm.
  19. Awesome trick. Thank you for the free credits. Hope I can get some credits for Forza Horizon 4.
  20. I kind of like Linux staying off the radar as it makes it less of a target of viruses etc. so, at least currently, it's safer for the typical person to use to browse the internet and the like. That’s the thing though.. Linux is more popular than ever and used by tons of developers. But it's not popular enough given it's only got about 2% of the desktop market share which is pretty much nothing in comparison to Windows which is about 87%. so until that rises quite a bit, Linux should largely stay off the radar of virus writers. Well, it does lay off viruses. Most Windows viruses are built using Linux. It is becoming more popular, though. With the latest Window issues. As installing when you don't want to, driver issues, etc. I know there are ways to fix this, but out of the box, Linux is better. i remebr using linux straight out of the box in the 90's i recon my server was pwned quicker than my windows box ever was Linux is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the 90s.... LOL
  21. Year of the linux desktop is already here, you just need to try it full time my friend. I did try it on my laptop for 2 weeks. 1 week for each distro. I tried Ubuntu, and Linux Mint. The fonts just looked weird, and there was a lot of wasted space on the GUI. There was just something about the GUI that does not look right, compared to Windows 10. You know you can change ALL that, right?
  22. Tesla Autonomous Driving Day today, giving info on their new Full Self-Driving system and dedicated neural network processor; 6 billion transistors on the die, 36 trillion operations per second, and the computer has two neural network processors which cross-check each other's work in real time. 21x the performance of their previous unit; Nvidia's Drive PX2 supercomputer. The follow-on unit is half-way done, should be ready in 2 years. Video has a long sizzle reel of Tesla cars before the event, which started late. Talking heads at 1:09;30.
  23. Galaxy s6 and s8 and s9 owner here. Love them. I did not find a better phone on the market. Tried LG but did not like it. HTC has long lost the lead and Oneplus or Huawei dont have a same appeal to me.(maybe soon) however I would not touch a 1st get foldable phone. the price is already outrageous plus we all knew there would be 1st gen risks
  24. "Beat the average to get all 12" apps" would typically seem to imply you are purchasing applications. The term 'apps' has never to my knowledge been used to refer to video courses, and it seems like a rather bizarre term to use if it was intended to imply the user was purchasing courses.
  25. performance was fine to me, but most missions were chase missions and they would freeze in place then teleport outside of range and mission would fail
  26. I kind of like Linux staying off the radar as it makes it less of a target of viruses etc. so, at least currently, it's safer for the typical person to use to browse the internet and the like. That’s the thing though.. Linux is more popular than ever and used by tons of developers. But it's not popular enough given it's only got about 2% of the desktop market share which is pretty much nothing in comparison to Windows which is about 87%. so until that rises quite a bit, Linux should largely stay off the radar of virus writers. Well, it does lay off viruses. Most Windows viruses are built using Linux. It is becoming more popular, though. With the latest Window issues. As installing when you don't want to, driver issues, etc. I know there are ways to fix this, but out of the box, Linux is better. i remebr using linux straight out of the box in the 90's i recon my server was pwned quicker than my windows box ever was
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?