All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. forster

App Store updates * a lot *

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/05/25/apple-reissuing-ios-app-updates/ There were issues with apps not being shared anymore, the latest updates have been reissued to hopefully fix the affected apps.
  3. kiddingguy

Apparently this has something to do with certifcates, updates to it etc etc.
  4. dipsylalapo

Tool to copy files from notebook to notebook

If they're on the same network, you should be able to create a shared folder
  5. This means nothing if science disagrees with their "opinion". This is the new battleground. Many people will believe what they believe irrespective of whether there's abundant evidence to the contrary. The growing world's population means whilst there are more smart people (which for this purpose I define as rational, analytical and scientific thought) about, there are also more stupid people (which I will define as people who refuse science based on beliefs and opinions) about as well. I would argue that above a critical point, stupid people have more influence on society than smart people. Below that threshold, smart people would reign supreme. They're just overwhelmed by mass stupidity with a growing population. Actually that would be a very interesting study, to see if there's indeed a fulcrum (in relation to population numbers) where one part of the bell curve takes over.
  6. kiddingguy

Every day I look fro updates on my iPhone and none were there. Today I looked and there are 37 (!) updates. All but two of them, have already been updated and have the latest version already (the same as the 'update' mentions; I double checked the app version). The status of the AppStore is 'online'. Is there something wrong with the version-check on the App Store? Why am I getting these updates? Does the App Store have issues currently?
  7. adrynalyne

Google Messages might soon add end-to-end encryption for RCS

RCS is supposed to replace SMS, I have no idea why you would want to actively not use it. Luddites fear change.
  8. Today
  9. I am looking for a software tool to copy files from notebook to notebook. Kind of like a drag and drop feature. Not something like a NAS, or a USB-stick. I have two notebooks and would like to copy sometimes files from notebook A to notebook B and vice versa. The computers are connected to the same WiFi-network. Is there such software (paid/free)? Or are there other ways to achieve this?
  10. The tug Hawk and ASDS Of Course I Still Love You have departed for the first stage recovery zone. SpaceX page with mission event times https://www.spacex.com/launches/
  11. dustojnikhummer

Google Messages might soon add end-to-end encryption for RCS

RCS is supposed to replace SMS, I have no idea why you would want to actively not use it.
  12. Copernic

Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.4

Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.4 by Razvan Serea The Open Hardware Monitor is a free open source software that monitors temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of a computer. The Open Hardware Monitor supports most hardware monitoring chips found on todays mainboards. The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors. The sensors of ATI and Nvidia video cards as well as SMART hard drive temperature can be displayed. The monitored values can be displayed in the main window, in a customizable desktop gadget, or in the system tray. The free Open Hardware Monitor software runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux operating systems without installation. Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.4 changelog: Added support for 10th generation Intel Core processors based on Comet Lake-S. Added AMD family 15h model 60h and 70h CPU support. Added code to correctly restore fan controls and other states when resuming the from sleep. Improved the Nuvoton NCT679XD super I/O fan RPM calculation. Added code to synchronize the PCI bus access for reading AMD temperature sensors. Migrated the application from .NET Framework version 2.0 to .NET Framework version 4.5 (new minimal requirement). Fixed the issue of an unresponsive user interface when changing the system display scale. Improved the DPI awareness (display scaling) of the user interface. Download: Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.4 | 491 KB (Open Source) View: Open Hardware Monitor Website | Documentation Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  13. Samsung Galaxy Note20+ design revealed in leaked renders by Rajesh Pandey With the Galaxy S20 now out for a few months, Samsung is focusing on its next flagship device, the Galaxy Note20 series. As the launch timeframe of the device nears, the leaks surrounding it have also picked up steam. Today, courtesy of @Onleaks and Pigtou, the first set of renders of the Galaxy Note20+ have leaked online. As per the dimensions on which the renders are based, the Galaxy Note20+ will measure 165 x 77.2 x 7.6mm. This would make the device slightly wider, longer, and thinner than the Galaxy Note20 as well as the Galaxy Note10 from last year. The alleged dimensions of the device are very similar to the Galaxy Note10+ from last year. From the renders, it is clear that the Galaxy Note20 Plus is going to retain a design language that's similar to the Galaxy Note10 series from last year but adopt the camera design of the Galaxy S20 series. The renders also show the Galaxy Note20+ will have a quad-camera set up, though its camera specs still remain unknown. Leaks do claim that the Galaxy Note20+ will feature a newer version of the 108MP sensor found on the Galaxy S20 Ultra that does not suffer from any focusing issues. The display specs of the Note20+ have already leaked and it will seemingly feature a 6.87-inch QHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz variable refresh rate. The Galaxy Note20 series is expected to be unveiled in August in an online-only event. The launch of the device is still on track despite the COVID-19 pandemic shutting down major economies across the world. Samsung is also rumored to announce the Galaxy Fold2 alongside the Note20 at the same event.
  14. One thing is certain, Musk has definitely been influenced by Kubrick's 2001...
  15. BMitro

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.9.3

It's a shame that @XhmikosR doesn't let @clsid2 use the main repo. Pretty much he chased all of the devs away...
  16. waysidesc

Sunday fun day - Cleanup an old gateway computer.

I spy ...... with my little eye ( rolling my eyes ) ...... a Latitude D610 or a Latitude D810.
  17. warwagon

Managed to get windows 98 running on it 🙂
  18. Mindovermaster

It "working", though?
  19. I wonder if the initial few builds from the 21H1 branch will have new features (maybe they might leave the new features off for now, while they are testing the code meant for 20H2). I would personally like to tinker with the new File Explorer and Start Menu that they showed off earlier rather than later
  20. There was a time when components were sensitive and handling them would easily damage them. However, this has not been the case since the early 1980s. There are a lot of self appointed experts that don't understand the basic principles or the technology differences that make such damage nearly impossible. I also offer my experience of designing and building thousands of systems and components, primarily in the 1990s. I have NEVER seen damage from handling PC components (RAM/CPU/etc), even with errant electrostatic discharges. So rest easy. PS A friend sent a video (I think late last year) from JayZTwoCents on Youtube where he abandoned all common scares and myths while assembling a system. The video was funny and more accurate than even Jay might have realized. It is worth looking up for the humor and desensitizing aspect. Components on a board have a huge ground plane and thus it's harder (not impossible at all) to fry them with ESD, the most vulnerable components are bare chips and I've had many die. It depends on a lot of factors, what ESD protection is inside the chip, if it's NMOS, PMOS or CMOS, etc. The board ground plane is irrelevant to the user grounding any electrostatic charge. Which also implies the 'Chip' would allow current to flow without ground. Things don't work that way. The ground of the case is relevant than any ground on the mainboard, for example. You can fry a Chip by grounding yourself through it, which Rich is not doing, and anyone with a brain would not use a Chip to touch to a ground. If he was holding the Chip next to a ground after shuffling his feet across the carpet, there is a small change of damaging the CPU. (This type of damage is harder to do than people realize.) As for most anecdotal stories of people that have claims of killing components/chips - the cause is usually not related to the handling the part. Short of holding it to ground and purposely generating a large electrostatic charge or grabbing a live wire. I didn't say it was impossible, it can in theory happen, but it is far more rare than people would expect, and being crazy over the top just confuses people and makes this more complicated for no benefit. I have seen so many myths from the DIY PC world, sometimes it is painful, as the purported 'right way' is often advising people to do things that are more likely to cause damage. Cringing over what Rich did with the CPU is nonsense. PERIOD. (I also say this as someone that in the early 80s installed and soldered RAM in a controlled environment, standing in water, as there were no PCB/chip protections on the components. In the late 80s several protections were added to PCBs and silicon designs, making it hard to affect them.)
  21. warwagon

Got the new Cap installed on the motherboard and everything put back together!
  22. jayden lewis

jayden lewis

thank you 

23. Yesterday
  24. Jim K

The Floor Of HDR: Just How Good Is It?

What TVs have a USB hub?? Ports, of course, but a hub? Not that is what DevTech was referring to anyway.
  25. Mindovermaster

Some TV/monitors have a USB hub on them.
  26. Jim K

...besides, DevTech was talking about lag (ghosting) on the panel ... not hooking up keyboards and mice to the TV to control the PC (not sure how that is possible anyway).
  27. Mindovermaster

You are good at finding old threads, aren't you?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?